• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Ya I'm peel. I made a new account with peel name, but I don't have access to post for some odd reason.

Any pointers afterwords would be helpful, I'm new to competitive scene

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't rly play Wario so not sure what to point out.
You airdodge too much and bike is kinda really punishable if anybody shields it. I forgot about it the first 5 or so matches because I forgot I have a real shield now.

Ya roll too much as well.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I do not believe Wario's mobility is like brawl still, but pretty sure you can still move around em a bit. Wifi prolly helping out a lot keeping you from reacting fast enough to dodge em.
Wifi kept making me mess up OoS nair punishes whenever you used bike.

More wafts since late one kills now too instead of just 40+% and I think your bair kills now and nair feels bigger cause wario almost seems like he grows bigger when using it. So just use more aerials, weren't using many.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
You airdodge too much and bike is kinda really punishable if anybody shields it. I forgot about it the first 5 or so matches because I forgot I have a real shield now.

Real shield? it's pretty much the best shield. Deserves it for getting screw over in the past though.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Yoshi is hands down the best he has ever been combine that with the best shield in smash 4 and you're never entering mid tiers with yoshi again. Welcome to the land of opportunitie aka high tier brother.

......damn now that yoshi is good I might have to learn him. Will you teach me slush?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshi is hands down the best he has ever been combine that with the best shield in smash 4 and you're never entering mid tiers with yoshi again. Welcome to the land of opportunitie aka high tier brother.

......damn now that yoshi is good I might have to learn him. Will you teach me slush?
Shore.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

But but but....Rolling is *goooodd* in this game.

Everybody knows rolling+jab jab is op on anybody with a good jab

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well rolling is good yes, except for yoshi still, but excessively to the point I can throw out moves in the direction he's gonna roll away from me isn't a good thing.
Also wario jab isn't really fast enough.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
My goal is to be best marth in tx, if not the world. Not hard when there's like 3 of us but su it's something.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Not even nike =(
He never explained why he can't house anymore.
Thought he said something vague about family being the reason, then said that's all he can say for now.
Haven't seen anything on the weekly yet. That's still happening right?
As far as the replies in the FB group, Espy said nothing was confirmed for sure, and Nike replied with an ominous "SOON". So not just yet.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Anyone for some live 1v1 practice today? I managed to find a small window of time 2:00 - 5:00.

Damn responsibilities are really hampering my smash time..

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
A 24hr reminder to those not going to the UA monthly on Saturday, you know the usual drill.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Expect a post within the next 24 hours regarding:

-League of Shadows Weeklies (starts next thursday)
-Mizumi Con as the SAM3 monthly for March
-San Japan

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
What's the "drill" on saturday for people not doing tourney?
I mentioned I was gonna open my house up and host something. It was preferably supposed to be a Smashfest but with it being a day before UA monthly it's just gonna be another one of my usual gaming social gathering. My usual attendees are not attending UA so they know the drill. If they are drinking, they're staying the night. Bring whatever games and drinks they want to share (or not share). 610 came by to drop his own stash for personal use.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Better to plan ahead then panic in a month. Y'all did this last year, 6 months in advance, at Chacho's. When I couldn't make it due to school.

Top Bottom