• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Big Boss says no one uses it anymore so that means it sounds like it's still fair game.
Just means the cards we use won't have any weakness to Steel or Darkness. (chew)

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Big Boss says no one uses it anymore so that means it sounds like it's still fair game.
Just means the cards we use won't have any weakness to Steel or Darkness. (chew)
There not allowed is what he means. those old school decks would get ***** by the new cards. Some of these new cards (basicsatthat) hit for 120hp easy. While having at least 100hp.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So I may be in town next Wednesday night. I'd like to hang with y'all for a few hours, but I would need to get picked up and dropped off. I'm pretty sure I'm staying close to Nike. I'll let you know when it's for sure.

I'm looking at you, Aaamigo.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
What makes the mewtwo scary is that he combos with another card that lets you drop multiple energy on him.
"oh look your charizard has 4x energy hit me for 100hp lol. Drop 4 energy on mewtwo hit you for 160hp. gg

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
the best way to counter mewtwo ex is with another mewtwo ex. let the mewtwo wars begin.
I know, for real. I have to put my only Mewtwo EX to work w/a Revive because I only picked up one and everyone I know plays with at least 2. But since I only tech him in for Mewtwo wars, I never needed another.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
its like the easiest/cheapest tcg to play. but as far as making decks goes, if i was just starting out, i would read up on the metagame a little and just buy singles at first to make sure i have a deck that i want. i dont know about other people, but i have horrible luck with booster packs.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
you would have to talk to b-boss about where the tourneys are. the best part about pokemon tourneys is that they are free lol. some tourneys you gotta pay to play, but those usually have awesome prizes like a whole booster box (box of 36 packs) or a big number of packs.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much what Derk said.

The tourneys are usually held at Heroes and Fantasies (Summit), Gamelot, Ooples, and Alien Worlds (San Pedro). They're usually held on Sundays, but the Pokefam hits up one of those places (usually Summit or Gamelot) for free play and stuff on Saturdays. I actually don't know what prizes they award now, but when I used to play a few years back, they had store credit / booster packs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd play if someone made me a Zangoose deck. :applejack:
Don't give a **** if it's not necessarily viable.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
@K Prime: I only know of him, but not personally.

@Suspect: Sure, np. We run all the top tier decks too. Dat high level training.

@Espy: The only viable Zangoose might be getting rotated out in a few months. Not 100% on that though.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
I have 4. Took all my brothers and cousins cards when we were kids lol.
@ slush - dragon type hasn't been released in the u.s. yet, and ice type is just considered water.

Towards espy's comment, there are a couple of zangoose cards out there, but if you were to play them you'd be running an unlimited deck not a legal one. So you wouldn't be able to enter alot of tourneys offered, unless it's a special event. But going of your comments, you kinda sounds like you don't care and just wanna play lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom