• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
OK, guys. I've been thinking of doing this for a while, and I'd like everyone's feedback on this. No trolling, please.

The Pitch:
As soon as I finish the work in my room, I am considering opening it and possibly (in the future) the rest of my house downstairs for monthlies. They wouldn't be as big as HOBOs, but enough to perpetuate a continous active scene in SA for everyone (who attends) to improve. Think of them like Batou's monthlies & Sync's Sex Saloon. $5 for singles w/a redemption bracket and/or doubles. I'd also try to keep them on Saturdays mostly.

I've gotten rid of a lot of furniture since the last time anyone has been there, so room has exponentially increased. Aside from my full setup, I have 2 wide tables capable of fitting 2 non-HDTVs atop of them, 2 dressers that can fit 1 TV atop each, and plenty of outlets & powerstrips.

I wouldn't be able to supply anything for food right away, but I can provide ice chests for drinks. It's not like there isn't any resturaunts close by though. Maybe we'd all be able to pitch in for pizza or something.

If things went well, we could possibly extend the space outside of my room into the living room, where there is much more space.

The Pros:
  • Solid venue for monthlies.
  • Relatively close to everyone.
  • Little to no rules (time length, loudness, etc.).
The Cons:
  • Limited space.
  • Lack of chairs.
  • Possibility of tourneys not being on Saturdays.
If anything, we could start here and once we've found a suitable venue, we could shift to there. I'm working on getting something going here @ Vista, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'll be asking around this Wednesday.

Again, I'd like feedback (good and bad) from almost everyone. Thanks.
I think it's a great idea, personally, idc if I have to stand or sit on the floor, space might be an issue, but having little space is better than none at all.
Tournies not being on Saturdays isn't much of a problem, I have plenty of free time :3

The only issue I'd see is that I'd need to get a ride from someone because you live super-duper far (from me), and I doubt anyone who lives on my side of town would wanna give me a ride that far away. So... I'd probably be relying on someone else who's going that has a vehicle. :3

Anyway, that's all just from my PoV though :3

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Dude, Big Boss, I totally support. Would be great to have something like this, and have relaxed monthlies like San Antonio is.

And I was just about to ask who wanted to play this weekend?

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
It would be hard to play at my place b/c I live in a dorm on campus, and visitor parking is always a *****.

EDIT:
But Friday has the biggest possibility due to everybody getting the eff out of San Antonio lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Can yall guys update the pr already. It has like pyle the quitter and jrug the leaver of cities still on there and im pretty sure zero had been dying to get on.

Just do a lol theme. I call talon
We already approved of LoL theme, they're just too busy with BBR stuph.

Stuff about finally having a venue since Cliff is literally avoiding Gamelot
I'd like this alot, even if it's Tournaments still a good way to get practice once in awhile.

Should've drew a Nike symbol.
I'd have a new avi for life.
What even does a Nike Symbol look like!?

With a soda?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hey SA Pony Haters, not using a pony Avatar/Signature for awhile when our thread is being reopened today, until I get a new Avatar Of pony that I really like that is.
So Rejoice for a brony not wearing an avatar/sig for once.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
The last 2 pages of this thread were amazing. Back to Gears nao.

Pyle's a racist btw. Wouldn't talk to me because I'm white.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey SA Pony Haters, not using a pony Avatar/Signature for awhile when our thread is being reopened today, until I get a new Avatar Of pony that I really like that is.
So Rejoice for a brony not wearing an avatar/sig for once.
It's not being opened until Thursday/Friday, Slush. Xiivi's post was during one of those days. Unless it was somehow reduced on close time. :applejack:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
wow, tofer, paw and zajice all 10char dodged in a different way.

Don't know why I didn't just read a quote of a 10char dodge post before

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Roger, that's the least effective 10char I've ever seen. :O

Somewhere, a Comp. Sci. major lost his wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom