• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So.... I've watched that 5 times before it was posted here and watched it 20 more times just now. It only gets funnier if you imagine the Ike as Buzz Lightyear.

Just had NO IDEA, it was LF Game 5! It's much better now... Is it a tendency for Marth mains to get ***** so badly?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Serious post.

Craigslist has about 20 ppl right now selling cheap crt tv's for $10-50.

How does SA feel about me hosting house tournies, with half/most/all of the entry going towards cheap tv's for sale? I have the space to store them.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Actually, check out this sweet deal: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ele/2615723957.html

Hotel Room 27" TV's - $20 (Hilton Garden Inn) said:
We are selling our old guest room TV's. They are 27" Philips tube tv's. They do not come with remote controls. The price is $20 (cash only) and we have 100 of them for sale. Buy as many as you want. Stop by the hotel between 9-5pm Sun-Tues the 27th. They are as is, no returns, and you must load them yourself. The hotel address is 12828 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, 78216. We are by the airport. Thank you.
This is a steal. If we're doing something today, we could do a money collection and buy as much as we want.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't do much today, Nike. Family's got me bogged down.
But if we do anything, I'll see what I can do.

Slush, you missed the glory that happened last night.

:applejack:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I know you guys are super enthused about the idea.
Just got back from the hotel.
They had about 50ish tv's. However, only 3 of them were standard.
The rest were widescreen, like the TV Sync has in the living room of his dorm.

I bought the 3 standard tv's and there at my house now.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Serious post.

How does SA feel about me hosting house tournies, with half/most/all of the entry going towards cheap tv's for sale? I have the space to store them.
I'm down. Not that it matters :3

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
More TVs and a donation-type(?) tournament that goes towards TV set ups? Sounds solid.

=

Bad things happened yesterday, good things came out of most of it.
Last game, I think we could've had it if Prime's champ could move in the beginning

Chop chop

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Slush, you missed the glory that happened last night.

Was too busy smurfing, Do explain. And PLEASE, something this week, Even if I was forced out of the house yesterday, I still would rather do something instead of playing LoL on my laptop in Gamelot.
Oh right, I still can't sleep for some reason. I tried so many times last night.

:pinkiepie:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Did you even check if you can get to the video channel on those tvs since they dont have remotes?

I dont want one by the way, I need hd tv gaming monitors.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
Serious post.

That sounds like a great idea. However, how would you feel about hosting $5 monthlies at your place as well? :)

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If Nike needs a remote, I can give him a universal remote that I have. Shouldn't be a problem getting the TVs to work after that.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Can yall guys update the pr already. It has like pyle the quitter and jrug the leaver of cities still on there and im pretty sure zero had been dying to get on.

Just do a lol theme. I call talon

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Zigsta v. Drunk Espy Falcon ditto at the championships.
It will dwarf the grand finals matches.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
im officially gonna stop playing mk in preparation for the ban. Say good by to aggressive mk and hello to campy diddy, falco and tink.

:phone:

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
OK, guys. I've been thinking of doing this for a while, and I'd like everyone's feedback on this. No trolling, please.

The Pitch:
As soon as I finish the work in my room, I am considering opening it and possibly (in the future) the rest of my house downstairs for monthlies. They wouldn't be as big as HOBOs, but enough to perpetuate a continous active scene in SA for everyone (who attends) to improve. Think of them like Batou's monthlies & Sync's Sex Saloon. $5 for singles w/a redemption bracket and/or doubles. I'd also try to keep them on Saturdays mostly.

I've gotten rid of a lot of furniture since the last time anyone has been there, so room has exponentially increased. Aside from my full setup, I have 2 wide tables capable of fitting 2 non-HDTVs atop of them, 2 dressers that can fit 1 TV atop each, and plenty of outlets & powerstrips.

I wouldn't be able to supply anything for food right away, but I can provide ice chests for drinks. It's not like there isn't any resturaunts close by though. Maybe we'd all be able to pitch in for pizza or something.

If things went well, we could possibly extend the space outside of my room into the living room, where there is much more space.

The Pros:
  • Solid venue for monthlies.
  • Relatively close to everyone.
  • Little to no rules (time length, loudness, etc.).
The Cons:
  • Limited space.
  • Lack of chairs.
  • Possibility of tourneys not being on Saturdays.
If anything, we could start here and once we've found a suitable venue, we could shift to there. I'm working on getting something going here @ Vista, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'll be asking around this Wednesday.

Again, I'd like feedback (good and bad) from almost everyone. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom