• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Rivals...Who gets the SSBB spot?

kaid

Smash Master
Those mewtwo players you shinespike are oftly slow on their Teleports.

As for taking a long time to learn him, I picked him up when I was still a scrub.

kaid

Smash Master
Meh. I scare people, but I still get 1-stocked by tourny-level foxes. Advanced stuff doesn't work on mewtwo, but the good old upsmash works wonders.

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
"Ridley. He's the most recurring villain in Metroid, and thus deserves such a spot. They will need to make some changes to his design (I.E. size), but if they decide to put him in, he'd be hella cool."

I agree. Ridley is the ****. I think if they made him smaller and metal like in Prime, then they could use him.

Sensai

Smash Master
Welcome to the boards.

And I played Mew2 when I was a scrub...before anyone here even knew about advanced techniques.

kaid

Smash Master
I originally picked up mewtwo because my friend, who I ALWAYS beat said he was predictable. I still beat him.

Advance Techs help mewtwo quite a bit... just not enough to compensate for how far behind he starts. (Mewtwo needs weight!)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think characters should be labelled with the Level of Play thing, people go crazy enough with tiers.

Sick_ShEiK$$$

Smash Cadet
i would say dark samus..
but the problem would be having 2 of the same characters.. like the problem in ssbm
maybe if they could make his moves a bit different..dark samus would be awsome
but honestly samus's biggest rival was ridley
so i expect to see ridley in the game
but thats gonna be hard to do..
Good Luck Nintendo!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude samus and dark samus arent the same person! dark samus is metroid prime, and has attacks like: phazon spreader, dive attack, phazon charge, phazon barrier, can turn invisible, and many more attacks...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Shade samus pwns her anyway XD...
Ridley, Dark samus and a hunter FTW!!
Of course Samus owns Sarah with that arm cannon & of her's along with her other gizmos & gadgets that I'm to indolent (lazy) to mention. Other than that, in hand to hand combat, I would have to say Sarah & Samus are pretty even. You would have to play Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution to understand where I'm comin from.

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ Rhyme: No kiddin, I believe have the total posts I have know is from explaining how dark samus and samus are diferent... XD

D

Deleted member

No kidding dude.

I guess I'm warming to Ridley. But still I don't want to spoil the WTF atmosphere when you see a ************* huge space dragon:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43467377/

Just a reason why I'd like Ridley to remain around that size. I guess the powers that be have done something, so I'll hold any more judgement for later.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt he'll have that size, thats way too big, but thats classic ridley size, still im sur eh'll probably have melee intro size...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Save your breath Stryks, Ridley supporters refuse to understand that at all costs.;)
Hey DX! I'm a Ridley supporter but I realise just how different Samus and Dark Samus are even without playing the game(though I really probably should play the game for better reference). Ridley just appeals to me more because he'd be such a unique character. Though DS is my next choice for a character simply because the Hunters really don't stand out and seem to have minimal importance to the series as individuals (though the new one in MP3, Rundus, looks to be quite interesting.

Though I personally think DS should be referred to as Metroid Prime, as not only is that his/her/it's true identity, it'd stop all the people ***** about there being too may Samus'.

Sensai

Smash Master
I recognize that DS and Samus are two completely seperate entities. That's not the problem at all, actually. The problem is that the creators in the game may opt to just make DS a clone in order to speed up production (or to get more characters in). If that were to happen, I'd rather DS be out all together.

And I don't see Meta-Ridley being a boss. Mario has always been Nintendo's main attraction/symbol, so something from that series should and will be the main boss.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Master hand aint from mario game, I believe hes speakin of bowser/giga bowser, anyway I doubt the developers of the game will make DS a clone,seeing how sakurai stated he hates cloens, and that every character will be remade, thus that wil linclude dark samus, meaning he will probably have a unique moveset... and no, I want ridley playable, and meta-rdley as an alt. costume... XD

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I know Master Hand isn't from a Mario game, that was exactly my point. Sensai said that the final boss will always be a Mario character and Master Hand wasn't, so why couldn't Meta Ridley. And I would just like to clarify, I don't think Sakurai said anywhere that he hates clones. He said he didn't like how they were forced to add the characters in without giving them the serious attention they deserve, or something to that effect. But he never blatently stated he disliked them. And DS would never be a clone. That's just not right.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I agree on the DS thing, every character has potential to be unique, and if they for all the trouble of makin Dark samus body, and just make him a clone isnt rite...

Sensai

Smash Master
Stryks said:
seeing how sakurai stated he hates cloens, and that every character will be remade
He actually said nothing about all characters being remade.

And excuuuuuuuse me, princess. A Mario game or from SMASH, 'cause, you know, that's the game and everything. The Master Hand represents the little boy who's playing with the figurines.

And just because that 'DS would never be a clone. That's just not right.', doesn't mean that the people up there will.

Stryks said:
I agree on the DS thing, every character has potential to be unique, and if they for all the trouble of makin Dark samus body, and just make him a clone isnt rite...
..../sigh

That's the point. They wouldn't really have all that much trouble making her body, due to her looking like Samus (and you can't really deny this one).

Stryks

Smash Hero
true they look a like, but have u seen how DS "stands", he doesnt stand at all, he just floats kinda humpback-ish, thus the his stance alone is diferent from samus, those they wuld probably had to do the body from scratch...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
And I don't see Meta-Ridley being a boss. Mario has always been Nintendo's main attraction/symbol, so something from that series should and will be the main boss.
Princess? A new nickname?(You wouldn't get the joke it's from another thread you used to visit)

That's what you said, that something from that series will always be the main boss. Since you spoke of mario within the same sentence, I assumed that you were talking about the Mario games. I think that silly grammar mistake may have cost you your temper.:cool:

Stryks

Smash Hero
I know what u mean, so much offtopicness, I sometimes dont know what theyre talkin about...

Dark samus and Rdiley (and a hunter) FTW!! XD...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This happens mostly when I have school to deal with >.> oh well, I'll catch on to the topic soon enough.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rhyme said:
That's what you said, that something from that series will always be the main boss. Since you spoke of mario within the same sentence, I assumed that you were talking about the Mario games. I think that silly grammar mistake may have cost you your temper.
I said just from the Mario game, thinking only of the adventure mode. It does stand to reason that something completely new that's from the Smash realm could be the boss of Smash, though.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I said just from the Mario game, thinking only of the adventure mode. It does stand to reason that something completely new that's from the Smash realm could be the boss of Smash, though.
Truth be told, guess we will just have to wait and see. Is anyone else lost or is it just Red Exodus? Concerning the overwhelming off-topicness, I blame no one but myself.:(

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I find Ridley to make the spot, or DS. There are too many Hunters and i think it would make fans mad no matter which one they chose

Top Bottom