• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Rivals...Who gets the SSBB spot?

phate

Smash Apprentice
Kirby also has a smash bros ability in that game where he does some of the moves from melee.

But I really dont think dark samus should be in the game when put up against ridley.

Sensai

Smash Master
Bump.

For those who haven't noticed, there's a thread concerning the percent chances of people getting into Brawl. The way it works is that anyone who goes there can give a percent vote as to the likelihood of a character appearing in Smash 3.

Today's candidate is Ridley...go vote.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You give a percentage for the character of the day (today happens to be Geno for example) which indicates how likely you think this character will get into Brawl. So far we've had Diddy, Ike, King DeDeDe and Ridley.

This confused me at first, but you then have 5 points to allocate to a maximum of 3 other characters you'd like to nominate for the next day. The character with the most nominations will then be discussed the next day. A character needs at least 5 votes for it to be considered though.

The average is then taken from all of the votes, and is then compared to the average percentage they recieved from the Gamefaq boards. Oddly enough, Gamefaqs seem to have ore faith in Ridley than we do :ohwell:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Bump.

For those who haven't noticed, there's a thread concerning the percent chances of people getting into Brawl. The way it works is that anyone who goes there can give a percent vote as to the likelihood of a character appearing in Smash 3.

Today's candidate is Ridley...go vote.
Darn it!! I missed that day cause of stupid chores! This sucks!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Ooh my good golly gosh! Well if fate says Dark Samus won't be in Brawl then I guess we have no choice but to accept it.
jp
I'm sorry, but if I recall right, he didn't even say Dark Samus won't be Brawl, he said he doesn't think he/she should be in Brawl when put up against Ridley. If you're going to make stupid sarcastic remarks about people, do it without putting words in peoples mouthes. All it does is make people think you don't have the ability to read, which, quite frankly, is very sad. Oh, and by the way, if you're attempting to make someone feel bad, or make them look stupid, or even hurt their feelings, put a little more thought into your joke next time, cause that didn't even make me chuckle. When I read it, it pissed me off to think that someone thinks they're being funny saying some stupid **** like that. "Oh my good golly gosh"...Get out of here with that immature bull****. I really can't stand when people have the nerve to criticize someone about something they didn't even say.

To tell you the truth, Dark Samus shouldn't be in Brawl. You want to know why? Well, unless you like clones, it's not a very good idea. Dark Samus looks exactly like the regular Samus, and has very similar attacks in my opinion. Sorry, but I don't feel like having a battle with three different versions of Samus. Two is enough. I'm sure many other people would like the Metroid spots to go characters like Ridley, or even U-Mos, or even Kraid for crying out loud. At least they wouldn't have a chance of turning out as clones of Samus. Hell, if you want Dark Samus, choose the black costume for Samus. Oh my God! It looks just like Dark Samus! They even got him/her in Super Smash Bros. Melee! Really, that's all Dark Samus is, a black version of Samus. Woopde doo...I'm tired of people suggesting characters like this. I could care a less if I like a character or not, as long as they have a great chance of turning out unique, that's all that matters. Dark Samus, has a very slim chance of that happening to him/her, while characters like Ridley, U-Mos, and Kraid have the biggest chance that it won't happen to them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey calm down man, she was just being sarcastic, thats no reason 4 u to go and flame her head off, calm down...

Ur saying that shes making people believe she cant read, well ur practically doing the same thing:

Dark samus will NOT be a samus clone, yes they look similair and have the same name, but thats it, theyre attacks are tottally diferent, her phazon beam (the attack ALONE is diferent from samus's B) fires in a kamehameha-like way, and with only one charge, it can fire to streams of phazon beam, it uses that attack on the last battle, samus also has a spreader, the move was used in I believe the 1st battle against it, he also has a dive attack, a phazon shield that repels projectiles, her missiles are diferent, her ice beam is diferent, her boost ball is diferent, almost every thing is diferent, EXCEPT body structure and name, thats it, seriously face the facts, dark samus has ENOUGH potential to not be a clone, u like every other guy Ive met that doesnt have imagination has said the excat same thing, I for one am a big fan of the metroid series, the prime saga being one of my favorites, I know by FACTS that dark samus has potential to be its own character, and not be a clone...

Have u even PLAYED MP2? if U have, u have to know that theyre not the same person, unless u cant read just like u told rhyme, which I sincerely dont know, dark samus is metroid prime using the phazon suit as a base-structure for his new body, dark samus uses attacks similair to both samus and metroid prime, but at the end, who IS dark samus? metroid rpime, NOT dark samus, thus having dark samus in there wont make a 3 total of 3 samus arans, being only 2: the samus aran with the varia suit, and the zero suit samus aran, dark samus ISNT samus aran, thus cant be considred as a 3rd samus, how in the world could samus fight herself on a 1st person adventure/shooter game with a story, if it were just a multiplayer game, then ok, samus can fight against samus, but not when theres a story, its like u put mario vs mario, DK vs DK, or link vs link in there respective games, it doesnt work...

No seriously face facts, and take in notice sakurai has way... WAY more time to develop the game than he did when he was developing melee, thus with the little time he had, the clones were born to fill in the roster, this time sakurai has had over a ear, and has all '07 to finish the game, he has a lot of time to make every character unique, and not a clone...

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me but, did I even say they were the same character? You're acting as if I said she was just a black Samus. I said she looks the same, as to why you can just pick black Samus, and pretend it's Dark Samus. You're right, he/she does have enough potential to not be a clone, but that's just the thing, he/she will still turn out as a clone. Think of it like this. Yes, Dark Samus' projectiles are very different from Samus', but think of melee attacks. Are you saying they won't turn out very similar to Samus'? The fist fighting is the largest part of the game, not the beams or the missles or the lasers. With that being said, how different do you really think his/her melee is going to turn out? In my opinion, not very different at all. Also, take into consideration, that when I said I think he/she will turn out as a clone, right after that, I said in my opinion! I never said what I said as a statement or fact. I said it soley on what I believe. Also, what did I do to make people think I can't read? I guess using correct grammar and spelling, and actually reading peoples posts makes people think I can't read...

A little sarcasm? Yeah, a little sarcasm intended to piss somebody off. It even pissed me off, and it wasn't even addressed towards me. Sorry, but when somebody's acting like a smart ***, or thinks they're being funny, it really pisses me off. I wasn't trying to make her feel bad at all. I was just saying what I think would happen if she continued to say stupid **** like that. When I said it will make people think she can't read, I was being honest. If you're going to make fun of someone, at least read what the actually said, instead of stuffing words into their mouthes. I really don't know what I did to make you mad, but whatever it is, I'm sorry. I'm just tired of people saying stuff like she said, that's all.

Sensai

Smash Master
It's nice to see the Samus's Rival thread is back to life.../sigh

Mccdbz5, calm down please. And hit enter so as to seperate your ideas? I read your post, but there are many who won't, due to it just being too **** big.

And Rhyme didn't mean to be condecending towards Phate, she was just making a joke. I don't think she was intending to hurt Phate's feelings or anything like that, just kinda throwing one more comment into the fire, hoping to keep this thread alive.

[sarcasm]And everyone knows that reading isn't accepted on forums, jeeze.[/sarcasm]

Stryks

Smash Hero
She will still turn out as a clone?? did i miss the part were u said u worked with sakurai?? dude like I said, she has enough potential to b unique, her melee moves can b diferent as well, check how dark samus "stands", she doesnt even stands she floats, also she cant do the melee moves as samus, samus is a woman, and as we all know women r fast by facts, does she does quick moves, and even quicker moves with out the varia suit, dark samus is not a woman, its MP with the phazon suit, DS has little uses of melee moves do to her arsenal of phazon attacks, but since this is smash she NEEDS melee moves, so seeing how DS isnt as flexitive as samus, she needs more power moves instead of rapid moves like samus, can u honestly c DS do samus up air, dsmash, and all of those flexitive moves, dark samus is more about power, and should have a diferent moveset, she has potential to b a clone yes, if u have little imagination and just go for the phisycal look of the character...

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to see the Samus's Rival thread is back to life.../sigh

Mccdbz5, calm down please. And hit enter so as to seperate your ideas? I read your post, but there are many who won't, due to it just being too **** big.

And Rhyme didn't mean to be condecending towards Phate, she was just making a joke. I don't think she was intending to hurt Phate's feelings or anything like that, just kinda throwing one more comment into the fire, hoping to keep this thread alive.

[sarcasm]And everyone knows that reading isn't accepted on forums, jeeze.[/sarcasm]
Yeah, I'll cool it, but let's be honest here, you really don't think she was trying to be a smart *** towards him? That's just the kind of joke I would expect when somebody is trying to piss somebody off. Oh well, I don't care anymore. I just hope that person doesn't come back to start an argument with me =/.

Oh, and about the entering thing, I was just trying to keep all of my ideas on the same topic together, instead of having them all over the place. I will try to do that more in the future.

She will still turn out as a clone?? did i miss the part were u said u worked with sakurai?? dude like I said, she has enough potential to b unique, her melee moves can b diferent as well, check how dark samus "stands", she doesnt even stands she floats, also she cant do the melee moves as samus, samus is a woman, and as we all know women r fast by facts, does she does quick moves, and even quicker moves with out the varia suit, dark samus is not a woman, its MP with the phazon suit, DS has little uses of melee moves do to her arsenal of phazon attacks, but since this is smash she NEEDS melee moves, so seeing how DS isnt as flexitive as samus, she needs more power moves instead of rapid moves like samus, can u honestly c DS do samus up air, dsmash, and all of those flexitive moves, dark samus is more about power, and should have a diferent moveset, she has potential to b a clone yes, if u have little imagination and just go for the phisycal look of the character...
You know your whole post is like one big sentence? =/ Like I said, it's my opinion, and there's nothing you can do to change that. And why does it matter what I think? None of us have any control over what characters will be in the game, and what sort of attacks they will have. Really, let me think what I want to think. You're acting as if I actually make a difference as apposed to what characters are put into the game...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark samus has potential to have a unique moveset, but projectile and melee attacks, having diferent abilities and the fact she cant transform into zero suit dark samus lol...

u said u know theyre not the same character, then why dud u say u didnt want 3 versions of the chacter in brawl, seeing how DS and samus/zamus are totally diferent characters...

a:so if u want rhyme (and me seeing how i want DS in brawl) to pretend dark samus is in brawl by just choosing a black samus, why dont u pretend dark samus doesnt exist and dont unlock her in brawl, that way u wont cry cause theres a not-a-clone character that looks like samus in brawl...

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Dark samus has potential to have a unique moveset, but projectile and melee attacks, having diferent abilities and the fact she cant transform into zero suit dark samus lol...

u said u know theyre not the same character, then why dud u say u didnt want 3 versions of the chacter in brawl, seeing how DS and samus/zamus are totally diferent characters...

a:so if u want rhyme (and me seeing how i want DS in brawl) to pretend dark samus is in brawl by just choosing a black samus, why dont u pretend dark samus doesnt exist and dont unlock her in brawl, that way u wont cry cause theres a not-a-clone character that looks like samus in brawl...
Looks like somebody's really taking this to heart...Really, I don't know what I did to piss you off, but really, you need to calm down. I said I would cool it, now it's your turn. I don't care if Dark Samus turns out as clone, I just want more of a variety for the Metroid characters. Having three Samus' isn't what I would exactly call variety. Look, as long as they have a character in like Ridley, U-Mos, or Kraid, I could care a less if Dark Samus is among them. Happy? You don't have to get pissed off about what I say. I can't stop the people creating the game from putting Dark Samus in if it's really going to happen, so you don't need to worry about what I think, okay?

By the way, just because the three versions of Samus are totally different doesn't mean they're not three versions of Samus...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im cool believe me, anyway i agree ridley has to come 1st, but i cant c kraid or umos in there, i usually go all out when someone mentions that dark samus will be a samus clone, so i rapidly post the facts so i can end the debate quickly...

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it's okay, as long as you're happy that's all that matters. I say Ridley comes first as well. Kraid was basically just an example of having more variety in the game, but I think U-Mos could really work. He would be a very interesting character to use in my opinion.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
I would place an 100 dollar bet with anyone that Ridley WILL be appearing in super smash brothers brawl.. WHOS UP FOR IT :p

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm still hoping (yes, unreasonably) that an actual METROID gets in the game. I have no idea how all that would work, but it'd be neat, haha, and definitely unexpected.

Mccdbz5, I'm not sure if she was trying to piss him off or to get everyone else to laugh...probably the latter, but I can see how you would take it like that. And welcome to the boards, BTW. You're probably one of the most intelligent new posters I've ever seen...

And I'll take that bet, about Ridley being in Brawl.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hoping (yes, unreasonably) that an actual METROID gets in the game. I have no idea how all that would work, but it'd be neat, haha, and definitely unexpected.

Mccdbz5, I'm not sure if she was trying to piss him off or to get everyone else to laugh...probably the latter, but I can see how you would take it like that. And welcome to the boards, BTW. You're probably one of the most intelligent new posters I've ever seen...

Hey thanks, Sensai :D. And yeah, a metroid actually would be kind of cool. It would be a totally different kind of character.

@Rhyme - Before you read my previous posts, I just want to take back what I said. I really don't want to get into an argument about this, so please, just ignore my previous posts :). I just got a little carried away, that's all.

Rash

Smash Ace
A metroid should be an item you can sic on an opponent. It drains health at about 5% per second, and can only be knocked off with after taking damage from a multitude of attacks.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I was going to bump this thread today lol. But I think this has been discussed to death.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hey thanks, Sensai :D. And yeah, a metroid actually would be kind of cool. It would be a totally different kind of character.
@Rhyme - Before you read my previous posts, I just want to take back what I said. I really don't want to get into an argument about this, so please, just ignore my previous posts :). I just got a little carried away, that's all.
A Metroid would be interesting, but I almost doubt even Nintendo's ability to pull it off effectively.

McDragonball, I read all of your posts, and I'm not angry with you for being angry with me. I'm still going to comment on some things though. Or, maybe I could summarize here? Wow, I sound like a mom.

I wanted to make a pun on the user's name, like it were deemed necessary or something. I never intended to hurt anyone, that was the first time I had ever encountered that user, it's not like I hold a grudge over him/her.

Also, there is one more thing you might have missed which ties into the "bad reader" bit; at the end of my post, the one you found distastefull, I put a little "jp" inside spoiler tags. What does that stand for? Just playin'.;)

do it without putting words in peoples mouthes. All it does is make people think you don't have the ability to read, which, quite frankly, is very sad.
*Ignores hot-headed remarks*

Both incorrectly interpreting people and assuming they said something that they didn't have gotten me in trouble before, on this thread no less. Also, I wouldn't be happy with just a costume of a character, it's an excuse to not put in the effort DS deserves.

I just hope that person comes back to start an argument with me =/.
Human's are insatiable, even giving you the satisfaction of arguing wouldn't benefit either of us.

I said she looks the same, as to why you can just pick black Samus, and pretend it's Dark Samus. You're right, he/she does have enough potential to not be a clone, but that's just the thing, he/she will still turn out as a clone.
Hm...I seemed to have lost the other quote I wanted to take while setting up this window. *sighs* Anyway...

Why would you acknowledge that Dark Samus and Samus would be different characters, and then immediately say that there shouldn't be 3 Samus' in Brawl? I don't understand, unless I have again misinterpretted. Either way, I don't believe that it would be fair to make DS a clone if she were to get in, given how original she could be. (Never went over this, I just assume that DS is a 'she' because she was somewhat cloned of Samus who was a she.)

As for the costume picking issue, Mario had a Wario costume in Smash 64 and Melee, and here sits me, still unsatisfied, even though I've had the chance to play Wario for 7 years now. :p I'm just messing with you, don't take it the wrong way. Simply trying to point out that a character dressed like another character is not the same as actually having the character.

Mccdbz's intelligence is agreed upon. Also, thanks to Sensai and Stryks for their valiant defenses of me in my absense. I don't visit to often anymore, having recently addapted the rAt's policy of not tempting oneself with the game too much.

Very daring to accept that bet. I personally wouldn't take either side, Ridley is just a character that deserves to be in but could easily not make it in due to playability testing problems. I'd say that I'm leaning un-noticably towards Sensai losing that bet. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
Big bump...

And I agree, Rhyme. Ridley should most certainly get in. Without a doubt. But I don't think he will, due to the difficulties of putting them in there.

Seriously. Charizard and Ridley look around the same, but they didn't try to add him into the game.

Given, it was the first one....****. Did I make a dumb bet?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well notice that Charizard was a pokeball not a playable. Chances are charmander would be in way before charizard, I'd rather see Bulbasaur anyway, and none of those 3 will be making it in.

As for the stupidity of your bet, one can only wait and see.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Well notice that Charizard was a pokeball not a playable. Chances are charmander would be in way before charizard, I'd rather see Bulbasaur anyway, and none of those 3 will be making it in.

As for the stupidity of your bet, one can only wait and see.
I'd rather see Bulbasaur too - heck I made the thread about it, anyway there's no really saying who's in and who's out. Mr G&W would have had an extremely low chance of being in Melee due to gameplay difficulties, and Ridley's no different for brawl. It's a matter of who Nintendo wants in, the way they are controlled isn't a factor, they'll make it work.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I like fire, and lightning [elements, but Pikachu and Pichu didn't cut it for me] so natrually I'd want a fire to make it, I doubt any will make it so oh well :ohwell:

:mario: :dk: :samus: :luigi: :smoke: :alien: :yoshi:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Red ex. they MAY add a hunter or 2 [not the caps] in brawl, seeing how sylux uses that electricity weapon as his main, and rundus (from MP3) uses ice attacks, u MAY c and element fighter or 2 [note the caps AGAIN]

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't like Pokemon much anymore, I don't really care which pokemon make it in.

Those hunters are starting to look good though, too bad they are so minor in the Metroid franchise.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Ridley? He seems like a good idea but i think honestly they should save room for more uhh important characters.
Ridley is important! What are you talking about? He is like the face of the space pirates, he has everything to do with Metroid story plot! If you think that there is a Metroid character more important than him then tell me!

I think I made my point that I want Ridley in SSBB. I think that also Weavel just might if a hunter were to get in simply because he was used before MPH, he was almost killed by Samus and has story plot as Samus' rival!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
HUGE BUMPAGE

In the Metroid Prime 3 Corruption end-game scene, you can see Sylux's ship chasing after Samus's ship if you collect 100% of items.

"Sylux' weapon is known as the Shock Coil. The Shock Coil was a prototype weapon under development by the Galactic Federation, but was eventually stolen by Sylux, along with plans for his power suit and his ship, the Delano 7. Delano 7 is encountered twice in the game, and it is the only Hunter ship other than Samus' seen in the game. Interestingly, despite hating the Galactic Federation, almost all of his equipment were created by them. A ship that greatly resembles the Delano 7 can be seen following Samus after the end credits in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption if you obtain a 100% item collection rate."

Wikitroid, the Metroid Wiki

I think this thread shouldn't die really, because it could still be somewhat relevant.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah, Im guessing if they ever DO metroid dread or another metroid, sylux is gonna have a big role...

cause think about it, MPH wasnt created by retro studios, but by some nintendo team, and yet retro put sylux in the ending, im guessing hes gonna have a big role sooner or later...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Ridley is practically confirmed by now with the inclusion of Norfair as a stage. Dark Samus was a clone-esque filler villain from a sub series that no one outside of America likes. The Hunters were just, again, filler characters with no character or real backstory. Basically, they were just thrown in there to give you someone to fight against. Mother Brain is immobile. Kraid is way too big.

Face it people. Ridley is the only character worthy of being playable from the Metroid series next to Samus. If you think that he should be a boss and be replace by Dark Samus or the Hunters, you need to be shot and removed from these boards.

Top Bottom