• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus' rep

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
can i just say that i have been playing on lag-fi (mostly aib) and have been seriously repping samus. i do my best to put her name out there and i think it is working. people are starting to say samus is nasty, samus is pretty good, samus is sexy, and the big one.... im surprised she is so low on the tier list. crazy right? well anyway, the point of this post is i just want to say that im doing good with samus. i dont win all the time but im doing good and i just feel like saying............"i did darn good with her today" and if anyone else wants to post thier personal progress good or bad, feel free to do so. i know i sure will on this post from time to time.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
It's usually when you fight people with low tiers, they think you are going to suck.
That's what's so cool about fighting with low tiers, when winning with snake it's "nice game", but when you win with like Ike, bowser, samus w/e it's like "Woah.. I never knew they could be that good ;o" because they've never seen them preform that good.

Aka, keep it up crews!! =)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Get that shiz all the time. "Never played such a good Samus, How the hell can you win with her, she could be higher if people learned to play like you(offensively, not camping/spammingly)," etc. It's good to hear things like that out of the hundreds of Spamus comments from sore losers(I spam D-air more than missiles/Z-air)

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Its hard to accept a compliment. Because, usually what is meant is samus isnt as bad as i thought (the average player thinks she's absolute garbage). And thats not really a compliment.

I think the most genuine compliment you can get is "congradulations" as money/cheque goes in your pocket after a big tourney with note-worthy players attending.

=)

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
yeah more samus's should get into the ladder, im aiming for at least top 16 this time around, but considering its a bit late for me to start maybe next time. The ladder bores me especially having lose to the occasional noob with horrid lag making my points drop. Samus needs more online rep, though considering how much she sucks online its hard.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
yeah more samus's should get into the ladder, im aiming for at least top 16 this time around, but considering its a bit late for me to start maybe next time. The ladder bores me especially having lose to the occasional noob with horrid lag making my points drop. Samus needs more online rep, though considering how much she sucks online its hard.
Forgive me, but ladder matches blow real hard. You're better off checking out Free Play at AiB. At least then if someone is whining about how there was lag on their side, or if there was some problem so as to john, then you can ignore that person right then and there until his or her johning is over. People have posted up their results in blog entries and like to show how some person complains about the person spamming or camping or being cheap. Not to mention, it gets ridiculous when someone lies about winning and there is some lame dispute going on. Online tournaments are a joke.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
thank you very much n00b also that falcon beat me during the winners bracket.lmao no johns though he is great but I was not trying very hard I was listening to "I Kissed a Girl" on my zune and being uber ******** but in the grand finals I went serious and you can see the results of it xD.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
haha nice to see you too sago and its funny how you still think that.I know you know your wrong deep down come on even beat the guy you lost to in same exact tourny >.>.Oh and don't worry I have a lil present for you soon ^_^.

Sago

Smash Lord
haha that guy was bad, and i blame the fact that you got to warm up during double i just got there and had to play other wise i would have wrecked his ****ty dk...stupid brinstar ate my big blast on multiple ocasions

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
That Falco400's dude DK was not bad at all Sago he is really good lol and besides you had time to warm up you spent it getting your butt handed you by shugo who I can also beat and you can not >.>.NO JOHNS Kthanxbai ^_^.

Sago

Smash Lord
lol shugo is the biggest john you can bust out, you have played him much more then me in person :( and i wasnet impressed by his dk his wolf was alright but his dk was just average

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
NOPE other way around his wolf sucks 2 stocked it with ease his DK was great and me and shugo do not actually play much because our matches are usually past 7 mins long lol. He is sooooo spacey but whatever thats how you win in this game.It does not really matter how much you play shugo you do not do any better as you keep trying trust me...lol maybe a match or two but definitely not consistenly.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, this is just wifi. it means nothing. in real life i would beat all of you. lol

Crystanium

Smash Hero
guys, this is just wifi. it means nothing. in real life i would beat all of you. lol
Yes, yes you would, Xyro.

Hey, Xyro, I need to give you my Wii number. I want to send you some offline videos of my brother and I playing some matches. I would really appreciate it if you critiqued my Samus. I might send some online ones as well, just so you can see my Samus in action against other characters besides Ness. Does that sound fine?

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Whether or not I won, ditto matches don't prove anything. If you can beat skilled players whom I cannot, then your Samus is better than mine. That's just how it works.
Exactly Dryn I have been trying to tell people like Sago that for a while now >.>. And whatever you say xyro...

Sago

Smash Lord
yah but chaos i beat people you probly couldent beat, its all about matchups. I actually strongly believe were about the same skill level were just better against diffrent characters. But there really isent anyone better then us in the midwest.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Exactly Dryn I have been trying to tell people like Sago that for a while now >.>. And whatever you say xyro...
I read at SmashWiki somewhere a while back that said that HugS, Wes, and Oro were the best Samus players in Melee. Then it proceeded to say that HugS ended up being the best of the three, simply because HugS beat one of the other two, and the other one didn't show up. I thought, "That doesn't prove anything." It comes down to who one Samus main can beat, and who has better tournament results.

If you beat me, and if we beat Sago, and if Sago beat us, that doesn't mean you're better than me, or that I'm better than Sago, or that Sago is better than us. The only good thing out of ditto matches is learning how another character plays and to improve by getting new ideas and using them in your game. That's all it really is.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
I read at SmashWiki somewhere a while back that said that HugS, Wes, and Oro were the best Samus players in Melee. Then it proceeded to say that HugS ended up being the best of the three, simply because HugS beat one of the other two, and the other one didn't show up. I thought, "That doesn't prove anything." It comes down to who one Samus main can beat, and who has better tournament results.

If you beat me, and if we beat Sago, and if Sago beat us, that doesn't mean you're better than me, or that I'm better than Sago, or that Sago is better than us. The only good thing out of ditto matches is learning how another character plays and to improve by getting new ideas and using them in your game. That's all it really is.
agreed, but bragging rights are cool

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I think dittos are a great way to determine skill. Like sago said brawl is about matchups, I do great against metas, in fact i only lost one set to a meta ever and that was clouderz 2-1 , plus i end up 2 stocking him after. I do good against every matchup i would say, olimar being to hardest. But some people have more knowledge in some matchups than me. I know for example chaos is better against GaW than me, but i am better against snakes than he is. Also I hear a lot of complain about metaknight saying samus has no chance against meta and i wonder, if this is true how come i find it so easy.

Samus vs Samus matchup not only is 50-50 as all other ditto matchs but it is just showing who knows the matchup more. If I play my friend a million times in samus dittos we will get familiar with each others playstyles, If then i beat him than i am the better samus player because we both know the matchup very well. Say if me and that same friend play again except he uses someone else besides samus and beats me, say falco. Just because he beat me does not mean he is the better player, falco has a advantage over samus and he may not do as well vs another character like another falco. Im starting to ramble so beh. Your thoughts.

edit: also @dryn That samus thing was Wes didnt show up, Wes beat hugs at a tourny, i remember watching it on youtube being a die hard fanboy blabering that Wes owns HugS :p was being sarcastic but HugS responded and said Wes may have beaten him in samus dittos, but he wins more against more people.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
HugS has given me permission to play pink Brawl Samus with the tag "HugS" so I will do that from now on.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Well perhaps we are the same Sago just with personal better match ups. However I do not have much of a problem vs any character (usually) unless they have very notable skill besides like against Olimar's because that stuff is broken and even then they have to be at the very least average to have a shot vs me. Not to flame or anything but I remember you saying you could never get higher than 7th in tourneys yet my first I got 4th.But anyways lets please just stop bickering back and forth it really doesn't matter after all we have both helped each other a great deal such as our tech trading lesson we had.Dittos are just another match up to say your better in in my opinion not much more.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Not to flame or anything but I remember you saying you could never get higher than 7th in tourneys yet my first I got 4th.
You didn't attend the same tournament as Sago, did you? You didn't brawl with the same people as Sago, did you? That you got fourth place and Sago got seventh is determined by these, as well as the number of people who attend the tournament. There was around thirty or so people in the tournament you attended, correct? How many were there at the one Sago attended, and was Sago doing singles or doubles or both? Please don't think of any of this as bickering, KingChaos. I've actually been meaning to discuss this to get it out of the way. And you and I aren't the only ones who think ditto matches don't prove anything.

In the Peach board, Niko doesn't think so, either and he and Dark.Pch were going to do a money match. The thing is, Niko thought it was pointless, since he doesn't think ditto matches don't prove anything. The question of whether or not ditto matches proved anything was also brought up in the Tactical Discussion.

TAC might think it proves something, but in all seriousness, one person plays one way, and another person plays another way. It's just different styles that are being used against each other, but both characters have the same techniques they can perform. If ditto matches meant anything, I would be among one of the best, since I have brawled with so many different Samus mains since the release of Brawl. They don't mean anything, though. Maybe to some people, but not to me. (Why else do you guys think I discontinued that thread of mine on who was the best Samus?)

Top Bottom