• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai makes us do it....oh for the love of john

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
As captain falcon seems to have lost what made him good in melee, we (competitive) falcon mains, almost must have a solid (*cough*high tier*cough*) secundary:ohwell:

it took long for me to accept the fact one can't focus on falcon only in brawl..
so, for falcon's sake..who is your secundary? and why?

I'm practicing marth atm..

what?:urg:sakurai made me do it
/john

falcon ftw, but all help is welcome:laugh:

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
tiers are 4 queers

I second Sonic, personally I see him as broken but apparently he sucks. So im still not a tier queer

I used to use Snake, but I don't really anymore. I don't know why but I do better with Falcon and Sonic than with Snake

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
I currently second Link, just because I love using the worst characters in the game. My friends think I'm stupid/wierd, but I only go as high on the tier list as I need to.

I do play a mean D3, since he was who I mained before the tier list was released, but I only save him for when I really want to play to win.

Once I attend my first tourney I'll gauge how bad/good I am, and if I really do terrible, only then will I consider using high/top secondaries. As of now, anything my Falcon can't handle is usually taken care of by my Link, but my lack of playing in a tournament means I can't assume squat.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Meta knight?

I know that sounds corny and all, but really.

If according to the tier list Falcon has all bad matchups and MK has no bad matchups then I'm sure he would be the perfect counterpick. :p

stiné

Smash Rookie
Funny i second link also... Then ganon after link... ITs just all the fun characters are low in the tier list. What can ya do?

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
Funny i second link also... Then ganon after link... ITs just all the fun characters are low in the tier list. What can ya do?
My thoughts exactly, I'll go Link, then Ganon, then maybe even Jigglypuff when I really feel like mixing it up... I love playing the worst characters in the game. =)

stiné

Smash Rookie
It gives you a great satofaction when you win, and they are just fun characters

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
I'll be completely honest, I play them because they're the worst characters in the game first, and because they're fun second. I guess you could call me the opposite of a tier wh0re. I know you're supposed to play to win and stuff, but so far, (for me at least), playing to win hasn't meant playing the top/high tier characters. Now, I completely realize this will all change when I attend a tourney and perhaps get my *** handed to me on a MK silver platter, but it's just how I roll. =P

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Winning with character that are underestimated is the best feeling ever. The look on your opponents face as he loses. Priceless.....

Roager

Smash Ace
I have three secondaries, two of which are pretty high tiered (Marth and DK), but I play my low(er) tier secondary (Ike) more often. Except for certain matchups (mainly the worst of the worst, like Oli, Pika, or MK). I focus on four characters to keep my counterpick options open, if need be. If only I was epically pro level with any of them lol.

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll probably need to pick up some real characters if I ever make it to the tournament scenes, but I have a few years till I can drive on my own, so I have a while. (I want to go to Race's tourney, but I'm not sure if my parents really want to drive me to a Brawl tourney lulz. :3)

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I'm not sure who I wanting to main. I'm pretty decent with a bunch of characters, Falcon being my most played.
I suppose Ganondorf and Snake would be my secondaries. I like snake's play style.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I think anyone who plays a good Falcon would probably be pretty good with Sheik.

Both of their strengths lie in their gimps except you trade off less air power for more ground capability with Sheik. Finally, you can do something else besides jab -> down throw!

Mario and Fox are also characters that are fun to fly around in the air with.

The highest person I use is G&W because he's retardedly overpowered and does alright against MK. Also, he has the fastest taunts ;p

Tenki

Smash Hero
As captain falcon seems to have lost what made him good in melee, we (competitive) falcon mains, almost must have a solid (*cough*high tier*cough*) secundary:ohwell:

it took long for me to accept the fact one can't focus on falcon only in brawl..
so, for falcon's sake..who is your secundary? and why?

I'm practicing marth atm..

what?:urg:sakurai made me do it
/john

falcon ftw, but all help is welcome:laugh:
:3

any character can win any matchup if the player is good enough. /10tierlists

Even though they weren't SWF TO-hosted tourneys (there were a few players who did seem to know what they were doing, since they talked about tiers and such, and I know that two of the better players I went up against definitely go to SWF) I won the two tourneys I attended without ever having to resort to changing characters :dizzy:

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
My real competitive main is Falco, but recently I've been playing Captain Falcon 60% of the time.
So 35% Falco and 5% other.

I main Falco because he totally fits my playing style. I played him in Melee, but the changes made to him in Brawl make him more eRonin-friendly =)

Captain Falco ftw

wangston

Smash Lord
Falco is my tourney main. Captain Falcon is my money match and friendly main. Besides it's only on letter difference. They are practical the same character. Nothing like playing a friendly or mm against some ones main and then beating them with Falcon. It feels good.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I used to main snake prior to switching to falcon.

I won alot of the local tournaments in the SC area(which is a joke in itself) so I no longer feel a need to win. now I feel a need to win with Falcon.

I have no secondary, but I do at times get very tired of going into every matchup at a disadvantage.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Wario is for me, if I can't get a lanky speedy guy to do my dirty job, then I use the most dangerous blob in the world!

Smash Apprentice
I play Weegee and DK, both being totally different to falcon but fun to play and strong.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
While I do certainly main Mr. Falcon, I find that I am compelled by some all powerful force to zealously second Toon Link. I stubbornly mained Ylink all through melee and found great success in some respects. But regardless, I am admittedly a giant Zelda Fanboy.

:)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I play everyone on equal level. I just need to practice low tier chars longer than high tier. My Sonic (been using for a month or two) isn't even equal with my Metaknight (Rarely use him)

Psychofox

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2681-0374-2022
I use falcon the most too, he just fits my play style so well. One thing though is how much better his up B is, how in melee he'd even appear to go over the edge but not grab it. I take advantage of his flubbed knee to combo a bit, and he's just a lot of fun to play. I use yoshi a lot too, not as much as falcon, but he's nice with his awesome bairs and grabs. I use falco and snake not as much.. wario I use a bit and learning diddy's techs are fun. I recently tried ganon and actually did not too bad against my equal, owning his pit. hehe.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
tiers are 4 queers

I second Sonic, personally I see him as broken but apparently he sucks. So im still not a tier queer

I used to use Snake, but I don't really anymore. I don't know why but I do better with Falcon and Sonic than with Snake
Dude, I used to think you were. I'm so sorry. Snake: everyone has a personal playstyle, you hear it all the time and even if you don't believe it it's true. Fast, laggy-hit, luck-reliant characters must fit your mental playstyle and Smashing abilities...

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Mains: Falco, Captain Falcon, Yoshi
Secondaries: Snake, Lucas, Sheik

Start set with CF, move to Yoshi if MK, Falco if lose to anyone else not named G&W. For him, Snake.
Lucas and Sheik are just fun. And because Mother 3, Ocarina of Time, and Brawl are the three best games ever made.

Top Bottom