• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saffron City - East Coast Regional MELEE Monthlies! ON HOLD indefinitely

Alukard

Smash Hero
crismas !!!! can we make this happen for the 19th ? ... i dont see much happening that weekend ... i really want to go to a tourney that i'm not hosting so i can actually play >_>

S l o X

Smash Champion
***** people work on thursdays

not me, just sayin

you probably meant 19 and saw that im turning 17 and got so excited you wrote 17 tho

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
U guys should spread this and no johns further apart... too many tourneys one after another = bad attendance. Have them maybe 2 or 3 weeks apart and there will be at least 30 ppl at both. We have tourneys too frequent in NJ/NY and it kills the attendance imo

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
We never have them close together o_O usually Alu and I work on coordinating the schedules. I think only once or twice they're clumped together.

I haven't settled on any date yet.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea but eggm also had his tunes biweeklies too... so there was like a tourney every week in the area. It just seems like there's too many going on too often so the turnouts are getting split between tournies

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah, we're all aware of each other though. And either way you slice it, there's nothing wrong with having more tournies at all. Not everyone is going to be able to go to a no johns, or eggm's or mine. These are monthlies even Eggm's isn't happen consistently every two weeks, the attendance is always going to be medium to low unless it's hyped up.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i just wish we had sponsors at least for our pots =\ ... the entrance fee for everything is wat usually kills the hype ... if there was a tourney for like 15$ total it would be 60+ everytime ! =\

S l o X

Smash Champion
only if its a 1$ mm

cus i'm always broke.

that and I have a 5$ MM (?) with Lunar.

and I want a free dollar from Solar.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
i just wish we had sponsors at least for our pots =\ ... the entrance fee for everything is wat usually kills the hype ... if there was a tourney for like 15$ total it would be 60+ everytime ! =\
Agreed. Venue fee really deters ppl sometimes. Part of the reason I haven't set up a tourny yet for saffron is cause of venue. I'm def for sure 100% going to talk to espot next week and see what we can work out and what date I can get for this. There will be one soon though but there's a chance venue will be 10 instead of 5. :/

Alukard

Smash Hero
Agreed. Venue fee really deters ppl sometimes. Part of the reason I haven't set up a tourny yet for saffron is cause of venue. I'm def for sure 100% going to talk to espot next week and see what we can work out and what date I can get for this. There will be one soon though but there's a chance venue will be 10 instead of 5. :/
10$ is probably the best you are going to get especially since i know they get like 50+ for SSF4 at espot at 10$ venue Lol

so they are just going to hit u with "well they can do it" LOL

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
July 24th does sound good :D Hopefully I'll have some time to call t he venue today.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ok chill out guys. I can move it to the 24th then IS THAT FINE? I just threw a date out to the venue initially just to make sure we're on the calendar. I'll call him now brb lawl.

Andddd it's done! It's now the 24th!

Alukard

Smash Hero
g$ might not make it to this one cuz he is going away for vaca so i might need a partner for doubles!

Top Bottom