• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saffron City - East Coast Regional MELEE Monthlies! ON HOLD indefinitely

Alukard

Smash Hero
so like ... me and jesus need a ride to tec0's place after the tourney ... he said he lives 10 minutes driving from the venue

LLDL

Smash Hero
Since prog can't make it, I'll take care of the recording. I have a new capture device and laptop + mic =D

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
figured out that I am going to miss the paint balling on saturday because I have to work its early in the morning. Theres a slight chance I can make this now because they will be 45min away paint balling just as I get off of work anyways. and if anyone has paint balled b4, you just cant show up and press start and join in.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
K he will be there around the 24th, but he will come out around a week after or so.... His name is YEAH! I'll have him PM you and D1... ^^

D1

Banned via Administration
I won't be making this cuz I quit smash.

LOL j/k I'm going to Cali this weekend for Good Sh** German along w/ G$, PC, M2K, etc...mad heads are going so this is gonna be hype. I might as well enjoy my summer so why not enjoy it on the West Coast for a week eh?

^_^ I'll miss ya guys! My flight's this Wed. morning, and I'll be back by Tues. <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Swift you're the shizz for knowing stuff about Magic.

I wish that could was a tourney-viable card.
was back in the time spiral block a few years back(reprinted for t2). I dont think it was ever viable in its first release tho. I ran WUr which eventually became my UW.......counter you/anti aggro/Wog/charge battery lands and gain card advantage, until akroma resurrection/sacred mesa/or confiscate wrecked you mid-end game. The deck eventually became a bit slow and got kinda wrecked by the other counter deck(dralnu) out at the time. It kinda got wrecked by a psuedo early game aggro BW deck that was fcuking hot at the time too.(too fast and too tricky). I'd beat(with god hand)/break even with various builds of the rock deck(BWG). It did well at in pro level play, and unfortunately I wasn't skilled enough all of the time to make it work......

edit: lol then lorlwyn block came out and I didn't want to learn new cards and make a WHOLE NEW DECK so i said **** it

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I gave up after Kamigawa Block and just recently decided to try my hand at the older formats again, since Smash is all but non-existent around here.

Time Spiral Block? Lorwyn? Those sets are just silly myths concocted by the people who play T2. They don't actually exist to Vintage players.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
Me tati and ROG r supposedly coming to this, assuming neither of us passes out @6am from drinking.

quick question: is this still MLG rules as stated in the first post? I really hope it is but i understand if ya changed it and havent updated first post.

also what time do ppl usually start showing up @?

LLDL

Smash Hero
VaNz, since theres gona be no swift D1 DJ G$ or prog for commentary, do you mind hoppin on my mic for some of the matches? or at least winners losers and grand lol. Or, are there any good commentators comin to this wanna hop on the mic?

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been wanting to do commentary for a while. I'd be th insightful type not the cursing yelling not talking about the match type :p

Cia

das kwl
VaNz, since theres gona be no swift D1 DJ G$ or prog for commentary, do you mind hoppin on my mic for some of the matches? or at least winners losers and grand lol. Or, are there any good commentators comin to this wanna hop on the mic?
lol.. i've only done commentary a few times, so i'm not really good at it. i'll do it if no one else wants to tho.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I gave up after Kamigawa Block and just recently decided to try my hand at the older formats again, since Smash is all but non-existent around here.

Time Spiral Block? Lorwyn? Those sets are just silly myths concocted by the people who play T2. They don't actually exist to Vintage players.
when I think kamigawa I think about the cool dragons, lots of nice big drops and mid game drops. Then I think of this =(........

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Umezawa's Jitte

and how ppl started sideboarding them just to offset the other guy

Yo i think me and hbk winning this.

Top Bottom