• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SACRAMENTO:ender's games(NEVER)MONTHLIES Show up at 10:30 for friendlies

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
Actually i change my mind i might show up but it's gonna be around 6:00 ish if the tourney is still going on.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
yeah, we are gonna have a lot of people doing friendlies because sacramento smashers are all poor or late. :/

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
maybe an hour and a half at most Id say. We could plan to do teams first this time, so singles would be later. We are also planning to do a low-tier teams tourney, we could also do crew battles, or home run contest tourney, or whatever we want to do.

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
No can you do singles first and teams later because I'm showing up on time and leaving later at like 4ish.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
sure thing kev.

any word on anyone from out side of sac coming?
JR you gonna come back to win again right? Reno is coming back too right?

We are going to try some new rules at this one I think.
You can use a neutral reset which will be you reset the screen with L+R+start after a level is selected, or if you miss it just restart the match. This does not wipe it from random. If you happen to go back to the same random you still have to play there.

Then after the first match is over counter-picking will be in this order:
Winner bans stage
loser picks stage
winner may change character
Loser may change character
this same order happens if there is a third match.

Also, not in the rules but if you want I dont really care how many stages you guys feel like NOT playing for the first round of the match to try and get it as fair as possible. If you want to give each other 2 bans thats fine, just dont tell me.

any thoughts/questions?

DRGN

Technowizard
Sorry it took me so long to get to this ender. Btw, you should include the name of the venue in the main post.

Ok everybody, here are some of the alternate rules me and ender were debating about (we wanted to get some other opinions on these things)(for future ender's games and possibly this Saturday's):

First off: the Random Resets. Me and ender's versions differed slightly, in that his version allowed it possible for a randomly reset stage to be picked again and played on (meaning if it's randomly chosen, then reset, if that stage is randomly selected again, you must play on it). My version states that if it's chosen to be reset, you can't get that stage again (if it's randomly selected again you just reset again to get a new random stage).

So, to see it, it'd officially be written up as:

The first stage of a set is randomly selected from the Neutral stages unless both players can agree on a stage.

Each player is allowed to reset the starting random stage once; this forces the random select to be run again. However this does not wipe it from random. If you happen to go back to the same random you still have to play there.
or​
The first stage of a set is randomly selected from the Neutral stages unless both players can agree on a stage.

Each player is allowed to reset the starting random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, the stage is reset again.
Neither version interferes with the allowance of banning neutrals, since that has been moved to be part of the advanced slob picks.

The goal of this second method (the random reset "sticking" for each additional reset) is to gear the first stage closer to something both players are more comfortable with, and to reduce the occurring of chance.

Second: Sets best of 5. A while back, Hyuga, Bitzo, & a few others were talking about having sets at 3 stock, 6 minute matches, best of 5. I read through the conversation and I liked the idea. (Though I realize this would be a big change, and it may be too close to Saturday to announce/change it and try it for this next one.)

Essentially it does three things: puts more emphasis on stage selection & counter-picking, reduces the impact of a bad counter-pick (whether stage or character), and (I think) encourages people to play more efficiently and more towards "don't get hit" (also to "...motivate people to learn how to play around [the most powerful techniques]..." as Hyuga said it).

This, along with the allowance of banning neutrals, I think will encourage people to think about the possibilities in their counter-picking more.

Also, Delphiki is suggesting having Brinstar on random in both singles and doubles.

So, please discuss.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i seriously dont evne know any rules of smash but all i know is that the loser gets to counterpick stage.. lol

im not lying either.. i dont evne know the counter pick stages.. wait hmm i think i do..

they are... corneria.. dk64... and mute city and rainbow cruise.. am i missing any?

neutral stages are.. yoshis story, FOD, dreamland, PS, FD. am i missing any?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
battlefield

we can go over the rules at the tourney if you want. :/

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm I think I'll have to go with Ender's version on this one.

3 stock sucks, so i say P0op to that.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I like the idea of 3 stock best of 5. But then again I'm all for just about every stage being legal for counter-picking.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
we arnt even debating 3 stock right now. Im not going to do that for this next one. MAYBE the one in December.

Also this is another rule we were talking about. If you want to ban a neutral you can ban it before the first match so that counts as your neutral reset as well. and when you do that then its just banned for the whole match instead of not banning until you win a match.

the alternative would be just picking after the first match like we are doing but allowing neutrals to be banned. I dunno how you guys feel about that though.

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
Can't we just use these rules? I fixed it so it has enders rule now.

RULES:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The first stage of a set is randomly selected from the Neutral stages unless both players can agree on a stage.

Each player is allowed to reset the starting random stage once; this forces the random select to be run again. However this does not wipe it from random. If you happen to go back to the same random you still have to play there.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* 8 minute time limit.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64.
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 on Doubles Neutral.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I changed some things like what order to ban stages, when you MAY ban a neutral and that you can double blind 4th or 5th match in a finals.

RULES:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The first stage of a set is randomly selected from the Neutral stages unless both players can agree on a stage.

Each player is allowed to reset the starting random stage once; this forces the random select to be run again. However this does not wipe it from random. If you happen to go back to the same random you still have to play there. If you would like to ban a neutral stage you may ban one neutral stage before any match is played at the start of the set. Stage bans do not happen until and only at the 2nd and 3th matches.
* The Winner of the first match announces which stage they choose to ban, then the loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Character switching applies to any matches after the 3rd, but not stage bannings.
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game, And before the 4th and 5th matches of a Final series.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* 8 minute time limit.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64.
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 on Doubles Neutral.

DRGN

Technowizard
So does banning a neutral at the start take away your random reset? (I don't see it in there)

Personally I don't see any reason to have a small limit on taking stages from the first random select (not to say that we should or would have more than one), I'm just saying this is why I don't see why we would have a fraction of a ban (it's not even 1 whole ban from the random select since it has a 1 in 6 chance of failing. lol). I understand that this is trying to offer a choice between: having a reset and being able to ban a counterpick stage only, or simply banning any stage at the beginning. But wouldn't there be more overall comfort in narrowing the stages down to a balance between the two player's preferences? Also, I think there are too many similar neutrals for a single ban to have much effect. We don't get any closer to the goal by making the current bans weaker (though I'm not necessarily suggesting more bans, but that the ones we have should have more power).

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
for the whole time I have been playing smash to the rules we are using now no ban is getting weaker. You can forfeit your neutral reset (which is a privilage not a right) to have a stage ban for neutral which is a stronger ban, or you can have a regular ban + a neutral reset.

I think you are the only one who wants more evenness possibly due to stage johns? Saying the stages are too similar to not warrant multiple stage bans so the most even stage will be picked doesnt make sense either. But unless someone brings it up tomorrow we will probably go with the rules I posted. ^_^

Zoap

Smash Master
you post alot drgn. why dont u just forget all that silly nonsense and play some super smash bros melee

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hey guys, not sure if you guys remember me, Sevelious. I came for a few tourneys around Delphiki Games 4. Well, looking to come play tourneys a lil again; and can bring both TV and cube. Just let me know if you are in overabundant supply of either.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
mike tyson is pretty crazy and is it me or does he try to be like muhammad ali???

i was watching one of his matches and at the end he was like " I AM THE GREATEST!!" he said some pretty ali sounding stuff lol...

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
I really wanna play you Simna! xD I hear that you play a VERY GOOD Ness.

GG's to everyone at enders...the 25$ didn't even fill up my gas tank all the way. Fooo~ey! :( I had to use some of the money from the mm's to fill it up.

SiD

Smash Master
So, why are you in Hell Kev? Is it because you knocked me out the first round?

Or is it because you used Luigi in a low tier tourney?

Hmmmmmmmm?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Top Bottom