• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Valhalla Smash Tournament Thread. Valhalla resumes October 1st!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol, I don't like it. At all. One of the worst stages for my character.

Ghostbone likes it because he can use Puff.

Unless of course we are talking about Brawl, in which case... <33333333333333333 for Meta Knight :D

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I can't even remember removing Brinstar (edit: apparently it's not even legal at SG, even before the changes), I just know that list was seen by myself and Mason.

Brinstar is probably more fair than KJ anyway...
I think the Melee list may have been decided on how universal it is, I wouldn't consider it final, yet - unlike the Brawl stages.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Brinstar is probably more fair than KJ anyway...
I think the Melee list may have been decided on how universal it is, I wouldn't consider it final, yet - unlike the Brawl stages.
Brinstar is legal almost everywhere though isn't it?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I know the current stage list is considered the safe one, Grim did tell me the current stage list is the one most used.
However, Grim can decide the final list (within reason, no Temple or w/e) since I'm not entirely up with what Melee stages are used most often (especially considering some of the stages at the last major).
I don't have a problem with Brinstar regardless.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I might go if i can get 60 return flights or something lol. (meaning reloaded)

Depends if I'm rich by then =P. But yeah will most likely have to save up money for more important things for the time being... Damn, I need to win tatzlotto or w/e its called =p

earla

Smash Lord
got a confirmed date of june tourney? i may be aroudn there like 15-20th approx.

i play melee, brawl, 64

probably will attend reloaded too in july.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
There's nothing in that date, soz.
Nearest is 10th of June, but those tourneys don't have monetary prizes.
Me and Chris will be happy to meet up with you if you come though, I don't live too far from where Dan does and my stepdad can do drop offs to that area if you stay up where you were last time.

Otherwise, I'm fine to host.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Im down for a meet with Earl if you come down here even if I have to travel.
If needed my house can be used again.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, been a while since Ive posted so here goes.

Valhalla prize money for April will be the same as the December event, whatever that was lol.

Now about Reloaded:

Reloaded date is confirmed For Friday July 15th - Sunday July 17th, starting at 7pm and finishing around 8am (same hours as last time). While the time is tentative it is the most likely.

This will make for Saturday the 16th of July to be declared "Smash Saturday". Singles, Doubles and Melee will be held concurrently, and the timetable for these events will be determined by the Valhalla Smash team, and likely Jamage (as he has been Captain Smash at Reloaded, even though I havent asked yet).

Tentatively, I am setting a total Smash prize pool (1v1, 2v2, Melee) at $800.00, with the split being determined again, by the Reloaded Smash team, and no doubt pursuant to feedback here on the forum.

Entry Cost is yet to be determined, but it will likely be at least $20 for the full event. We are considering a $30 entry fee this year to cover all prize money. (Tekken, Streetfighter and other tournaments will be Friday Night, Halo and others will be on the Saturday night). The reason for this is that there is near parity in the prize money between PC and Console this event, which is traditionally subsidized by the BYO PC guys.

Ill be watching feedback for the next month, with all revealed at the April event. If you want to contact me direct, email me @ the_wookie@adam.com.au, add me to msn @ jlassey@hotmail.com, find me on facebook or do whatever.

Let me be clear. The date is FINAL. We arent stuffing you around this time.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So $20-30 covers the cost of all the tournaments we want to enter?

Also is there no Melee doubles? Just Brawl?

Edit: For reloaded I mean

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
As always, one $20-$30 cost would get you into all console tournaments and all days (or all PC/Console tournaments if you bring a PC). In addition, it grants you entry for door prizes and other random comeptitions.

I believe we normally do melee, but what format that is I leave to the Smash team to work out. There will be a separate thread for Reloaded shortly.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
They have to drop their pants....

or something lmao.

Nah I wouldn't know, but i hate seeing people sometimes when i cant tell their gender. I usually just ask their name first and hope to god its nothing like Ashley. (since ive known guys being called this)

SethT

Smash Ace
Pity you can't dress up as a girl to get in free. They have it somewhere in the rules.

SethT

Smash Ace
Well that depends highly on how well one can dress up. Although feminineness for me is in the past.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
haha awwww.

Well at least you dont get people thinking you you look 14-15 when im actually nearly 20 :/ Although i do feel flattered when people think im only 16-19

At least i dont look super old or something... xD

SethT

Smash Ace
psssssh it shows off my physique :D

Yeah i get mistaken for 18 - 19 all the time :D

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm probably going to have a Luigi challenge at this (lightning mode against a LV9 Luigi).
It will cost nothing and will have a small prize donated by me.

5 stocks (maybe 3 if time is gay)
8 mins/5 mins.
Stage: Won't be known until the day to prevent practice.
If nobody beats it, stocks/% wins.
If people win it (more than one), the time taken decides placement.

Edit: If people win it, what sort of English is thissssssssss$$$$$.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Just the cape, MK won't need to be banned with the stage I'm going for (I was going to limit stuff but I cbf with dumb rules).

And to reiterate: I'm not intending for this challenge to be fair for every character, some will obviously suck beyond sucking at it. I expect people to do everything in their power to win.

Top Bottom