• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I had Attila in mine and still came 9th. No pool johns or bracket johns here.

Get better SA, the only people who finished behind any of you were yourselves anyway lol. W150 is amazing good, do not remove him. He was late getting to the venue and therefore wasn't allowed to enter pools. His Falco is better than the MK's I vs'd on the day.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Aces left so he forfeited :/

And the bracket was set out so that I would have played S.D., everyone agreed with it when they saw it before the tournament started, but then people complained because the bracket they agreed to didn't turn out how they wanted.
Quite annoying.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure S.D would have given you a run too Ghost, he almost downed Corpse.

This tournament should have been called johnloaded. That's all anyone seems to be doing now that it is over.

Splice

Smash Hero
SD had a good tournament
don't know how he made Corpses win unconvincing though (didnt see)

I guess Jaices win vs Dekar in pools was unconvincing too? :p

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm going to start talking with the other panelists about my opinions now, I would like to wait until those new guys come to a tournament... But it has been a while.

We'll see, but expect it relatively soon.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
more casual than me at brawl?
thats unpossible, i don't even play the game or have a wii

and remember boys and girls if A beats B and B beats C that doesn't mean that C loses to A

btw it was also my brothers fault that i lost, also i got up early and didn't have my usual 10 hours sleep + my mind was elsewhere and i was sick after eating too much KFC, oh and the controller i was using had sticky jam buttons. Not to mention my tv had input lag lol and techa was annoying me at the same time i was playing, also leish interrupted me mid match, putting me off my game.
It was also cold, the air moisture level was too high, you dont own a wii, not enough of a crowd to perform too, didnt strecth before the match or warm up, forgot to take your vitamins/medacine, other player was using a colour that put you off.

. W150 is amazing good, do not remove him. He was late getting to the venue and therefore wasn't allowed to enter pools. His Falco is better than the MK's I vs'd on the day.
Missing out on the last 4 tournaments and barely playing anyone recently he's definatly inactive and theres no way to really rate him until he starts attending regular tournaments, Eagle also.

I'm going to start talking with the other panelists about my opinions now, I would like to wait until those new guys come to a tournament... But it has been a while.

We'll see, but expect it relatively soon.
Good, lets do it right this time.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I think you give too much credit to the newcomers. Jamage has been playing since the start. I'd put all my money on Jamage to beat all 3 of them.

SethT

Smash Ace
I think you give too much credit to the newcomers. Jamage has been playing since the start. I'd put all my money on Jamage to beat all 3 of them.
Well, we have a toonlink (didn't see him play), and a donkeykong I gimped in the first 5 seconds as olimar. Don't know about the third. That being said I really did like the DK and his play style, just that Jamage plays D3 who I'm pretty sure gays him over.

Even if they are better, I doubt they'll take Jamage's place anyway considering its there first major tournament and Jamage has been running the scene.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
No, it isn't lol.

1. D3 actually has good grab range, the best non-tether grab range, in-fact. ICs have AWFUL grab range.
2. D3 can't be separated.
3. D3 has more useful moves, excluding the infinite, than Ice Climbers, and better overall stats.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's why I say... if Dedede power shields one of DK's moves... hes ****ed.
He can handle him while racking up damage until he gets one power shield read and there's not a move DK has that won't get dash or shield grabbed.

ICs can't shield grab much (well spaced moves), even when power shielding something,

Ghostbone

Smash Master
No that isn't correct at all. DK v D3 is actually winnable if DK knows what he is doing.
$1,000,000 money match, my D3 vs your DK?

Play the MU and see for yourself. If D3 doesn't get the grab, the MU is pretty even if not in DK's favour.
What is this "if D3 doesn't get the grab" bull****, D3 will get the grab, that or the DK will put himself in a position where D3 can just keep hitting him without him being able to retaliate.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I've seen a dk player, who lives in canberra, **** a d3 player who was trying to use the infinte lololol.

it just so happens though that this dk player is actually the sun god of time and can read the infinte possibiltys through the veins of time

Splice

Smash Hero
D3 vs DK isnt as bad as MK vs DK. Thats worse methinks.

And if Cal can beat Masons MK with DK
Then I'm pretty sure Ad3pt could beat Ghosts D3 with DK
$1000000 MM is dumb :p

DK platform camping is rather viable vs D3, at the level of play DK vs D3 is at in Australia, anyway.
I doubt DK could ever beat D3 on the D3s CP, if the D3 uses good CPs of course :)
DK can acheive a viable starter, especially with FD not included in starters.

This conversation has happened before recently hey

Also Pikachu sucks Mason

:)

More importantly, I miss Jon. I met him once but some people can have such an impact with just that. Would like to know him better.

Splice

Smash Hero
Thats kinda my point. I wasn't trying to be conclusive of anything.

Would you be so arrogant as to bet a large sum of money against Cal, because this time you wont "play badly" and you will beat his DK with MK ?

Splice

Smash Hero
I seriously think its easier for MK to poke with aerials and Utilts or simply Nado **** and gimp MK, then it is for D3 to get a grab on DK and start the infinite. :/

idk man still, so much confidence
Especially your D3 which you dont main and would probably be kinda clumsy.
Clumsy D3 :)
Whereas Cal and his tight DK would be real solid.
Solid DK :)

Remastered

Smash Lord
I play D3 well, and Cal plays DK well, and he can definitely give me a run on certain stages. We both main the chars, so we understand this MU probably more than most. Splice knows what he is talking about.

If D3 can camp, the MU is definitely more favourable. The MU becomes so much less about the infinite when players know how to avoid it. Around 60:40 if you play it right. Difficult but still winnable for DK.

Anyway we discussed this recently as Splice said so no need to re-discuss.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
DK vs D3 isn't winnable for DK (well technically it is, but it's really bad, like 80:20 D3's favour).... the match-up isn't all about the infinite, it's about how DK has a really hard time avoiding it, and is really vulnerable while trying to avoid it.

It is similar to IC in that they don't need the infinite to win, they just need the threat of the infinite to win.

On some stages it would be better for DK, but on most it's a pretty terrible match-up.

Basically I'll money match anyone's DK with D3 if they want lol.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Theoretically, it's winnable for DK, in practice, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom