• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant1

Smash Ace
i like causing commotion

Shaun Frost (Nova) says (4:35 PM):
-No, he did
-He directly came to me and said "My brother said that he thinks I could beat Tibs"

Shaun Frost (Nova) says (4:35 PM):
-I even remember simply saying "You've never played tibs, have you?
ok im confused. who came to nova and said this? dan? So dan was saying that i thought that he could beat tibs?

Ant1

Smash Ace
I just remembered they had a 2nd reloaded half way through the year

it'll be a fair match, s.a. guy who rarely plays the game/lost most interest in it, vs one of melbournes best who plays it a lot. Gonna be an even match

i'll have to practice on my invisible wii for the match

$10 says i don't get 3 stocked

SethT

Smash Ace
$20 on ant beating tibs, hype.

(jokes.. I don't have $20 v___v)

Ant1

Smash Ace
and i suicided with snake on lame halberd,
If i hadn't you would not have stood a chance :D

i had just picked up mk and what u expect me to win all the matches against ur main? gimme some time man! Sure mk is really good but i haven't played him in aaaaages

and no practicing m2k combo against cpu doesn't count as playing mk

zApollo

Smash Ace
Putting Grim as the face for the wrongs of the PR is incorrect and baseless. In fact, the current PR was my own product after discussion with Nova, which was then only confirmed by Grim's evaluation. Thus any criticisms should be addressed to me and not be directed as an insult to Grim. Reading the last few pages has showed me absolutely no constructive direction with the exception of Ant doing ranked matches with w150, kudos to him =)

Disputes about the PR on the boards alone are not sufficient. If you're unhappy with your placing, then by pleading your case I want actions through ranked sets and tournament placings.

On the topic of ranked sets, the OP has now been updated with information regarding the common rules surrounding a ranked set.

-Ranked sets are designed to clear ambiguity in skill levels where tournament placings do not suffice. Thus matches in ranked sets hold weight for your placing on the PR.
-Sets with best of 5 is recommended, but is not mandatory. The higher the number, the more impact your set will have on the PR. The length and number of sets must be explicit between the parties before the first match for it to be valid.
-The implied ruleset is the current one used at Valhalla. This can be altered if both parties agree.
-Players may decline ranked sets as there is no obligation. However if panelists request a ranked set and there is continued avoidance of said ranked set then it may affect placing.
-Beating someone in a ranked set does not necessarily mean you will switch places with them.
-If a recording setup or ability to save replays are available it is recommend.
-There is no limit to the amount of ranked sets you may request. As with the number of games, a higher number of sets played will increase the amount of impact your wins have.
There should be less ambiguity about ranked sets.

$20 on ant beating tibs, hype.
What would be more amazing is Ant beating Attila in Snake dittoes, like he did with Luke last time.

Ant1

Smash Ace
i know josh, i banned fd and u still picked it!

really none of the matches were power ranked sets tbh then lawl.

was just a mess lol

attila is going down, as long as i have this certain song playing in my head its an assured victory.

Eagle

Smash Lord
We should be able to ban two stages. And the only neutral stage should be Final Destination

Eagle for President!

Eagle

Smash Lord
I now fully support Grim's idea (Or whoever's it was) to be able to strike two stages. And hopefully through no effort of my own, apart from expressing my interest, it will come true.

And I really wish you had underlined my spoilers.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Obviously the only option is to remove them both. And then people will stop countering me with RC and it will no longer be sad day.

SethT

Smash Ace
I would never counter Rainbow Ride against yo-loljks I do it all the time.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Gears i don't understand why you are attacking me, do you believe you should be 10th or something? You lose to everyone at smash meets, we 3 stock you at tournaments... you don't show signs of improving - Lespar is actually decent and is much better.
The ****? I'm not attacking you. Maybe if you read what I said properly, you would realize that I was complaining about you being 4th after coming 3rd in a tourney where HALF The ****ING PEOPLE from the PR weren't even there. And LOL do you magically watch every match I played? Cause you obviously don't know ****ing ****. You never 3 stock me in tourneys or friendlies. Intact every match we play you always crack a hussy fit whenever I take a stock off you. Maybe you should calm down. And I've been doing a lot better lately, even you said my G&W is pretty good, now you're saying I'm not improving at all. And no I don't think I should be 10th. Stop trying to make me look bad.

These arguments never happened when Jamage was on the PR list. Jamage has done a **** load more help to the SA scene than Grim ever has. Put him back on.

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
These arguments never happened when Jamage was on the PR list. Jamage has done a **** load more help to the SA scene than Grim ever has. Put him back on.

I think it's worth bringing up that Jamage has been the CAUSE of these arguments. Other than that, it's just you being annoyed that DoMo is high despite not having results to back it up and Aces being slightly annoyed that he was lower than me (which I can understand and we have agreed to settle with a ranked set next tournament/meet).

The reason these arguments never happened when Jamage was on the PR panel (you know he still is, by the way, right?) is because he was high up on all of those lists.

Should also bring up this quote from earlier:

Why do you think this is all Grims doing? Why do you think everything Grim has said is incorrect?
Both Nova and Apollo (who are respected members of the SA scene as well as being the best) both agreed to
1) having grim on the PR panel
2) agreed with the newest PR list

Everything Grim has said is in correlation and in relation to both chris's and shauns views on the newest PR. So in essence, you are saying that everyone on the PR panel besides jamage is wrong lol
So really, you arn't helping and you don't know anything.
And it isn't about how much someone has helped the scene, it's about correctly and objectively gauging skill level of the players in SA. Anyone who thinks that I am biased really doesn't know me well enough.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Actually there are other problems with the PR list. It's just DoMos position is the most extreme one.

If Jamage is on the panel, then why didn't he get a vote for the PR?

The reason I said that Jamage has done more than you is because it was my understanding that you have taken Jamages place on the panel. And he has more experience so he is already more qualified for the role of a panelist than you are. He's helped put up great PR lists that showed players skills mostly acurately, while you helped with this PR list which isn't that good tbh.

You don't all the blame. Apollo and Nova had pretty much most of the say in this list, so they are at fault.

Sorry to sound like an *** but that's the way I see it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Jamage is still on the PR and his vote was counted (though 3v1 means that it didn't have much of an impact), I didn't take anyone's place.

What other issues do you have with the PR? I'd be happy to try and give an insight into why we made the decisions we did. This definitely wasn't a slap-dash effort and a lot of thought went into everyone's individual placing.

Oh, I see you lurking Jamage, if you decide to post another counter argument the chances of me responding are slim.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
No friendlies were taken into account for this PR. Only serious matches.
I know for a fact thats a lie.

Actually, everyone thinking Ant is a bad player dropped him 4-5 spots, not that one line.
Considering results and who he has beaten YOU ALL obviously have no idea how to do a pr if that is the case.

Maybe I was a little annoyed at being called a ****ing moron and a ****-head. If it wasn't meant to be seen by the public, you shouldn't have showed me the information and then blatantly insulted me.
I wouldnt have said it if it wernt true. You still have no right to post private information. I never showed you I just posted it.

Angry over a video-game rankings list? Lol.
No like I already told you if you bothered to actually listen. I was angry about you guys going and doing it behind my back which I think I have every right to be. If it wernt for me most of you wouldnt know each other and we probly wouldnt have a smash scene or much of one. Like you can talk after your hissy fit at the last one anyway.

Why would it have been a best of 3 set? That doesn't even make sense, the idea behind ranked sets is to determine who is better. More matches = More accurate placing. Bo5 is the standard.
They can be either. If you won the set of 3 you would have called it at that and we all know it. You do anything to win even if it means being dishonest and unfair.

The last SG was the one where everyone was sleep deprived right? I'd hardly count any results from that. The one before that was when I didn't care about Brawl. You really have missed out on A LOT by not going to the last Valhalla and 3 meets.
Yeah so what I got like 1 hour sleep. Aces had alot more than me and I beat him.
Results count just as much as anything else and I think more so than Val since only half the people were at Val.

I'm afraid you're just bad at Brawl.
Thats funny coming from the guy with hardly any actuall skill. Have to pick MK and ledge camp rofl. Even with all your knowledge of the game you fail at skill and mindgames.
Next time try not to get DQ'ed for going over the ledge grab limit.

Can you stop bringing up things where I have to prove you wrong as your only hurting your own rep (if it can get any worse).

Maybe if you read what I said properly, you would realize that I was complaining about you being 4th after coming 3rd in a tourney where HALF The ****ING PEOPLE from the PR weren't even there.

Gears speaks truth.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Ant shouldn't be that low on the list. He's done well at the last couple of SG's while DoMo does good at one tourney and is 4 places above him.

Jamage shouldn't be 9th. He's beaten Aces and DoMo in past SG's.

If the reason is that Val is more important than SG cause of cash prizes, then that's pretty **** tbh.

Firstly, not everyone plays more competitively because of cash prizes. I didn't even know there were cash prizes.

Second, Not everyone on the PR list goes to Val, making SG more PR viable than Val. Jamage and Ant have said they will never go to Val except for Reloaded. Every person on the PR list goes to SG nearly every month. Except Lespar who's just a place-holder

SethT

Smash Ace
Beaten DoMo in past SG's... hmm... i have only vs'd jamage in friendlies but alright lol

If you have such a huge problem with me being 4th, take me off the PR and you can take my spot and have 10th place gears lol

(from domo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom