• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
dude, green greens is the stupidest stage there is and yoshi's is just the smallest stage there is....simple

Jupz

Smash Master
Read the posts...

we host those stages in Perth and there are no complaints. "its stupid and small" doesn't cut it as an argument to ban the stage.

obviously its vyses choice in the end though. just read those links.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Size matters.

OOOOH YEAH.

Greens greens have too many wall infinites, and promotes camping to the point where if the other player tries to approach they might just get a bomb to the head.

YI Melee is too small, walk off chains grabs etc
Also, if you miss a tech this can happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbcZnjzwLU

=P

OMG, I_LAG just helped us.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
YI Melee is unfortunately something I couldn't come to stand,

Green Greens on the other hand, after lurking Perth for a while read up on 'why it should be legal'.
And have been mildly practicing it ever since.

I personally like it with Marth as it gives me apples, and I've become quite accustomed to glide tossing tactics that make me **** =)
Infinites are icky; the only semi-real ones are D3's dthrow, and Wolf's dthrow and Ike's fthrow up to certain percents. Others such as ROB and G&W's dtilt have opportunity for smash di. All the other dtilt infinites push chars forward hence = no more infinite.
All of the infinites get cancelled out by the tree blowing wind. Also if you play the stage optimally, you will use attacks to hit out the bottom row of blocks on each side (the ones above stay there), so no infinite can work.

Bomb explosions only last 1 frame, so any air dodge should cover it. I think I also recall reading there's a specific time when blocks will fall; knowing this will keep you reasonably safe.

Camping is camping, I would like to fight a Pit or Snake on it again to see if I can over come it.
Everything else considered, I don't see it as much worse as Jungle Japes; all depends on how campy people can play on it against me (Mr no projectiles can't camp).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just something I need to run by you guys.

Actually, just read my next post, it sums things up a lot more succinctly if you don't care about the details.

The Venue fee for LanSmash will remain the same, however, $5 of that venue fee you paid (regardless of the amount of days you are there) will go towards the singles pot/s. That's how LanSmash will be able to match our previous plans, (and it's a **** good idea in terms of circumventing the need to keep a consistent venue fee regardless of what you're playing)

My goal for this is still 70 people in Brawl Singles (The rest will come as it comes).

With 70 people for Brawl Singles (only) with a $5 Entry fee + LanSmash matching that $5 we would have a pot of $700 for Brawl Singles.

:V

However, people who register for both games will have their LanSmash matched pot boost split between them ($2.50 to Melee Singles pot and $2.50 to the Brawl singles pot).

(And of course, only entering Melee will put all of your entry fee towards that).

I think that's the fairest method I can come up with.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ok... I'm lost, how much do we pay to get into Lansmash? Then how much extra do we pay for the pot?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Venue Fee:

1 day
$15

2 days
$25

Event Fees:

Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5

Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $5

LanSmash Contribution:

$5 will go towards Brawl Singles for every Entrant only entering Brawl
$5 will go towards Melee Singles for every Entrant only entering Melee

$5 will be split for each singles event for every entrant entering both games.
(This I'll be able to figure out easily on day 1)

In this way, the minimum pot size for Brawl singles with 70 entrants will be $525

Jupz

Smash Master
Woah looks great vyse.

Btw read my thread on YI melee.

DDD can only CG 6 characters up the slope, they are characters he wrecks anyways. Besides, most of the time he can't make it over the blocks because his Dthrow breaks them. If you're one of those 6, or you're worried about Pika, you can camp the left side and pikas CG will run out by the time you get there.

The stage is soooo unique (more then any other stage) and there so many useful tricks to do with blocks and slopes. Also MK sucks there.

Sirias

Smash Champion
$45?
I really don't know about that.
Although that doesn't mean I'll be entering every event.
But I probably will anyway.
$45.
Wtf.

Jupz

Smash Master
A lot of characters such as snake, toon link, and pikachu force him out of there very easily. It will only be helpful in some matchups (marth, king dedede, etc). The walls trap him in there.

Plus, theres the edge grab rule.

Also IDC about venue fees.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Easier dair planking. He has several MORE safe options to just air plank and refresh his jumps.
Small stage means he can side B to ledges from the flipping centre.

Small sides = easy ko.

Metaknights pretty **** difficult to hit properly anyway.

One combaw from mk could probably kill on YI melee.

One well placed Uair combo to whorenado or shuttleloop will kill almost undoubtedly.

false_angelwing

Smash Cadet
Easier dair planking. He has several MORE safe options to just air plank and refresh his jumps.
Small stage means he can side B to ledges from the flipping centre.

Small sides = easy ko.

Metaknights pretty **** difficult to hit properly anyway.

One combaw from mk could probably kill on YI melee.

One well placed Uair combo to whorenado or shuttleloop will kill almost undoubtedly.
20+ Neckbeard points

Sirias

Smash Champion
Antho was all about attendances, but he's got a huge fee?
Random.
I'm not whining so much as I'm wondering why to pay so much to play a couple of games.
Sif be like America.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
$45?
I really don't know about that.
Although that doesn't mean I'll be entering every event.
But I probably will anyway.
$45.
Wtf.
rocky is cheaper

vyse, entry fees suck

go home already
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226449
Rocky is cheaper by just $5 and that's only if you pre-register. If you pay everything at the door, it's also $45 for the whole shebang. And on the other hand, that extra $5 goes straight back into the tournament pots so it's virtually the same thing.

Wtf, Kas, I thought this is what you wanted from what you were saying before about saying $25 wasn't a lot of money.

Surely you didn't just 'forget' about the event entry fees too. Either way, the prices are in line with Rocky's and it's only a huge fee if you're playing both games. Enter only Brawl or only Melee and it's just $25. The community centre would have been the same deal.

The 'attendance' I'm striving for would be from the masses of Brawl-only players that I've been targeting since last year with a lot of my efforts, and so they'd come in, pay for their one day's worth of games, and be done.

These prices are the same as QBB was as well and what I described in the paragraph above did indeed happen (We had an overwhelmingly large amount of Brawl players), so I don't think the event is over-priced to the point of deterring people.

But now you can see also why we never had tournament fees at LanSmash. Suddenly that $25 you paid turns into $45. Also if you read what I said before, now that the burden of covering the venue fee by making sure X amount of players come has been lifted from my shoulders, I don't have to cut every single corner I can think of to get people in the door.

Now it's only priority to ensure a good sized tournament and pots to be able to really call it a 'Major National Smash Event'.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
rocky is cheaper

vyse, entry fees suck

go home already
vyse is better

scoot, your gay dont complain

get out of this thread already.

yeah seriously dude, you wouldnt believe how much time and effort vyse puts into these things (not to mention stressing out trying to make everyone happy)
so comments like yours are unneeded and deserve a punch in the face.
and dont come in with any of this "uhhh guys cant you take a JOKE!" BS because clearly
is not very funny.
neckbeard jokes are much better.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
so this guys walks into america and says omg a black guy
.. sound familar.

this thread needs more cake.. cake discussion.. captain falcon icecream cake GET.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I have this visual representation now of Vyse being a short bald guy who screams randomly and looks terrified thanks to Atyeo pointing out how much effort he puts in_ Regardless of which the date change means i'm coming and i'll be dragging as much of Perth with me kicking and screaming_

My biggest question now is_ What kind of cake will be there hmmm_?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom