• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.O.S Gamers presents: Gaming Charitably: 5 /30/10 UPDATES !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Wait, are the Brawl and Melee tourneys at the same time?
So we can't play in both? :urg:

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Announcement

Ok people There will not be teams or low tiers for both Melee and brawl because the room cant hold too many people and also We are time restricted for this events and we want to make a good 1st impression on the people that gave us the venue and also make a good impression on people that come to our event. And yes melee and brawl will be going on at the same time and people can enter both you just have to make sure that you get to your matches on time.

If people have anymore questions just contact me through aim: Inlovewitlil

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
What are the dates for each tournament? I'm interested in Brawl and Melee.

Also it says registration starting at 10 am, and activities at 11 PM, are you sure that is correct?

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Ledge grabbing rules: Each player/Team is allowed up to 50 ledge grabs a match if the player/Team exceeds 50 ledge grabs whether the time runs out or not they lose the match.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I swore the team only loses if they hit the timer. This makes the Anubis Strat obsolete in this tourney :<

Tony T

Smash Ace
My only problem is the money but I guess I can help out providing I'll try find a way with the venue fee oh and Wes If you need me to bring drinks let me know like I did at PB4 anything so I can attend and help out because I honestly Don't know if I can pay the venue fee or not that's why I'm asking if I can make the payment by buying drinks and stuff for the event just let me know man.

HelpR

Smash Ace
sh33n:

preferred path: take the F to jay street

alternatively, take V to queens plaza, take the E from there to 42nd street, then take the A or C to jay street borough hall

if you get outta the train on the right exit, you'll be in front of metrotech center, in front of polytech is a red statue that is basically several cubes welded together

if you get off the wrong exit, walk up jay street, if you hit fulton st you went the wrong way, turn around and keep an eye out for the red statue.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
The AiB page says April 17, I'm guessing its been moved back?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
aw this is on the same date as my big event this sucks i wanted to really go and support this is a good cause

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i hope i can make this now, i've been planning on 4/17 for a while now, i hope 5/1 is clear for me. i know its prob beyond anyone's control but it sux having moved it so close to the original date

ANTi_

Smash Hero
LMFAO Wes you bundle of sticks Alex Strifes tournament is on this day.

Good luck getting a turnout son.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Announcement

Well This tournament was posted way before Alex posted his so in theory we got our toes stepped on, but what are you going to do? the show must go on. And for you question on gift cards its just like having cash but its just on a card thats all. You dont always have to split you winnings with people, be prepared for that cause at mlg you wont be able to split your checks with people.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Well This tournament was posted way before Alex posted his so in theory we got our toes stepped on.
Lets say

SOS Gamers - Announced on March 9th - Tournament Date 4/17/10
Asylum - Announced on March 12th - Tournament Date 5/1/10

SOS Gamers moves their tournament on Asylums date.

How the **** did YOU get your toes stepped on. Makes no sense. rofl.

EDIT - And stop comparing everything to MLG its different surroundings. lol

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I think Wes was talking about how Saffron was announced to be April 17th after this was already announced.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I think Wes was talking about how Saffron was announced to be April 17th after this was already announced.
That is Melee
This is Brawl.

Why should he care.

Two different games.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
@_@ I could have sworn that this was both Melee and Brawl.

After checking the OP, it does indeed state that there is also a Melee tournament. :/

ANTi_

Smash Hero
@_@ I could have sworn that this was both Melee and Brawl.

After checking the OP, it does indeed state that there is also a Melee tournament. :/
He can't have it both ways lol.

Melee players hate going to tournaments that are mainly advertised as Brawl and Melee as a side event (See tournaments: Apex : **** yeah Seaking)

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
He can't have it both ways lol.

Melee players hate going to tournaments that are mainly advertised as Brawl and Melee as a side event (See tournaments: Apex : **** yeah Seaking)
Its hard to be a profession or mature about things when we have people like you Anti instigating things. Ok when i said alex stepped on my toes i was referring to the saffron city tournament that has melee in it. Alex he knew about This event WAY B4 HE announced Saffron city, did anyone question him hosting his event the same day as our even? NO. So now that we not knowing that Alex is hosting an event the same day now as our newly dated event is happening people wan tto look at us like we are bad guys when we didnt even know that he posted his event up. But when Alex obviously knew about our event posting and all then later putting up his even nothing. So i see how people like you ANTI roll. And FYI Anti its both melee and brawl No tournaments at this event is a 'side-event" So please im asking you nicely before you make things up read EVERYTHING properly before you go on you instigating ways.

Now the show must go on for this event it sucks its on the same day as Alex's tournament but thats life we just have to make sure we get numbers which im sure we will whether you doubt us or not.
Anyways to everyone who is truly interested in coming and plan to come see you there and for all details just call me on my cell or email us our contact info is located on the 1st page.

Hope to you everyone there,
Antoine

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Oh.... my..... god.... Wes making a coherent post? With punctuation? AND NO CAPS LOCK?!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll be here. And I would like a good teamamte for this.

Also wess, I can bring a fuul set up as usual. Plus a stream set up. I have a recording device but can only be used with a vcr and DVD player. I have a VCR I can bring. I would just need a laptop to install the software on it and then you can stream. You can detele it after the tourny is done. But I will require a ride to and from the tourny. Carring a TV on the train buy hand is not all that easy. Now I would have a VCR to deal with.

So if I can get a ride to this tourny and back, I can bring another set up from streaming. If not, then I'll just bring a TV/WII and head on my own to the tourny.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I'll be making my NY scene debut at this tournament... FEEL HONORED!!!
Kidding, but I plan to make quite an entrance. The top dogs of MD/VA all know me by name and face and I plan to make the same true with those in the NY area.
HYPE!!!

EDIT: My Wii+TV will be there too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom