• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(S.A.) Jan 2010 Reloaded 5: 10k cash, $90k prizes - preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I copied this from Gotgames forums. Holy **** $500 for brawl doubles!!!
Wow, if these prizes are legit, then that is awesome. This is a LONG way off, but surely brawl wouldn't have died by then, and perhaps interstaters can come, and hopefully a lot of them do. As i need to educate some of u.

Reloaded 5: 10k cash, $90k prizes - preview
You know its coming, and a number of requests we can reveal some of the information for the upcoming event ahead of the official launch:

While we havent finalised some things yet, we can say that we are aiming for $100,000.00 in cash and prizes at this event. We expect more than a thousand attendees at this event.

Date: January 16th - 17th
Time: Saturday, Jan 16th 10am - Sunday, January 17th, 7pm

Entry Cost:
$30.00 Standard BYO
$10.00 General Entry

Yes we noted that ticket prices were both too high and confusing last year.

The event launches at Valhalla on July 18th, and tickets will be available from then on. Tickets will be available online from here

The main competitions:

Counterstrike Source 5v5 - $3500 cash ($2k 1st, $1k 2nd, $500 3rd)
Halo 3 4v4 - $3500 cash (split as above)
Warcraft III: Defence of the Ancients - $1500 Cash ($750 1st, $500 2nd, $250 3rd)
Ultimate 1v1 Fighting Championship - $1000 cash total
(tekken, soul calibur, streetfigher, smash bros brawl)
Smash Bros Brawl 2v2 - $500 cash total

The major PC and xbox competitions will feature group stages on day 1 and finals on day 2 of the event.

Other tournaments have yet to be announced but Call of Duty will make an appearance, and we're hoping Battlefield 2 as well. Games released after December 7th will not be considered for official competition for this event.
The named competitions are open for discussion on the Reloaded website at ReloadedLan • Portal. Please note the site is a work in progress.

Motel accomodation will be available from $40 per night, with a bus available if number require.

Competition discussion is available at ReloadedLan • Portal. The site is still a work in progress and is not due to launch officially before July 18th

*Note: Immunity and Klaus teams Ill be speaking to you shortly.

But yeah S.A. doesnt matter does it dekar :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nothing for singles though?

Where's the ultimate team partner I was looking forrrrr?

S.D!? Double Doo dooo doooo is unDEDEDefeated.

MAYBE AMATERASU?

But srsly... singles... SINGLES.

Ant1

Smash Ace
U have never fought me and djb in doubles, we are undefeated. Double snake's = dead people.
Or sonic and DK. It's all good. But u guys should know that u can't win, our D.I. skills are too good.

Zero

Smash Hero
$1000 prize pool split over 4 games. Soul Calibur will be lolz.

NSW guys, every other state is planning a huge tournament for the summer, we need to get started on one too.

EDIT: Snake and Samus will make your fanfiction a living nightmare.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Reloaded 3's main event was teams too - singles being a fudged up side event thingy. That didn't stop the tournament being awesome. And I did win a chunk of money.

S.D

Smash Master
sam likes me better
Obviously you wouldn't go to SA for a Brawl tournament of any description Thomas, regardless of the amount of <3 I have for you.

If people are serious about going and my prize money will cover the flights and accom I'd actually consider coming and winning with you Shaya. I don't mean to be rude but the words sure thing certainly spring to mind XD

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hmmm, should really go to this, no chance of winning the moneys, don't care, its the friendlies on giant tvs with NBA Hangtime and Fortei falling asleep with a controller in hand while playing Bomberman that will be awesome.
Hope there is Melee!
And Crew Battles!
And N64 related madness!

Browny

Smash Hater
wow...

how come reloaded 4 has no interstate people whatsoever when the prize for doubles was $200 worth of stuff, but now its supposedly $500 and everyone suddenly cares. is it really all about the money for you guys?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
only for shaya...

I'm coming because I've decided I want to travel out a bit more, but I will wait till after the America trip.

I'll probably be down there at least once before reloaded 5

Toby.

Smash Master
djb said:
or maybe its because traveling interstate costs money? and the more money you can potentially win, the more tempting it is to fork out the money to go? because that would make it affordable? its not that all we think about is money, its that the money PROBLEM (that all smashers have to deal with) has to be solved before anyone can travel anywhere.

geeeeez
edit wrong quote

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Tibs is mine! <3 :grin:

Australia's goin' down.

Money doesn't matter to me. Food and hotels do!

Browny

Smash Hater
Ant1 here-
This time guitar hero amateur comp is mine!
Lol u guys can also enter comps like Mario Kart Wii. I came 2nd in that and i have never played the Wii version be4, but i had played double dash. I think i won gears of war 2 from it lol.

If entry fee is around $40 like it was last time, u can expect the winner of this tournament to have their character gain a huge amount of points for that character rankings list.
If u have no partner, u could always team with desert eagle;

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
guitar hero! it better be no 3, gotta get my fire and flames skills going again...

Browny

Smash Hater
Last time it was world tour, but i think this time they should make it guitar hero III. I would enter the pro division for lols.
Noone can beat this guy twilightdawn, i think he can get like 830k+ on fire and flames expert.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last reloaded was:

- Poorly organised (IIRC, we were only given information on it like a month or so before hand?)
- Poor prizes. SSB was shafted, even you said it. I even remember you going "man that's like no point in going". How can you expect us to be happy to pay like $20+ to a tournament venue where the Counter Strikers take it all... and we get told our prizes will be "MAGICAL MARIO TENNIS WII" or some crap. If a tournament is to have smash there, and wanting to attract out of state attendance, it's AT LEAST gotta give a **** about us.
- 500 other tournaments were already running around the same day, same time across the eastern states. I travelled to Melbourne at around that time; which was a) cheaper b) actually had REAL prizes c) there was a tournament running in SYDNEY and I believe one in QLD too...

Yes, last reloaded was LITERALLY boycotted by the Australian Smash Scene, after their 'disrespect' towards us.
Hell if there's going to be 10-20 people travelling out of state for this; plus 20-30+ people already in adelaide and there is ONLY going to be $500 in prizes for DOUBLES, there's not so much incentive.
The previous reloaded CAO was referring to had like $1000+ in prizes for melee; plus a strew of other prizes too.

See the issue?

Browny

Smash Hater
i see the issue... being all about the money again?

w/e lol, i dont care if it is. i know travelling is expensive and uni costs > brawl. Just dont try to be giving SA players **** for not travelling (lmao i went to melb where first prize was $15 for doubles 1st place only and like $20 split across top 3 in singles... amazing), and then at the same time try to deny its not all about the money. Its not like we have any incentive to go anywhere either with a trip costing around $180+

im anticipating a very predictable response to this post. before anyone tries to be funny, grow up

Gords

Smash Champion
Hmmm, should really go to this, no chance of winning the moneys, don't care, its the friendlies on giant tvs with NBA Hangtime and Fortei falling asleep with a controller in hand while playing Bomberman that will be awesome.
Hope there is Melee!
And Crew Battles!
And N64 related madness!
yeah im interested in going to this if your going DJ but wont know until closer to the date., and definately up for some melee and N64 funsies.

If u have no partner, u could always team with desert eagle;
Hmm Desert Eagle, that name sounds familiar.
Is Desert Eagle SAs Toon link player?
If so im definately up to teaming with him if i can make it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think you missed my point slightly.

Why should we go to a place to play a game where we are not treated with the same deal of respect from the organisers as another game would? Why should the money we pay be redistributed to the counter strike or other game players more in their favour over us?
I didn't mind going to melbourne fully aware that there wouldn't be any prize money; because the money I paid is going back into the community to help it (through paying of the venue, 'savings' for future events, etc). Reloaded holding something akin to a 'side tournamaent' when there are serious players for the game is a slap to the face. Expecting out of state turnout when what they provided (and may end up providing this time as well) was distinctively not 'worthy' is what I'm getting at here.

While the issue stems with money, it isn't all about money.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Also...

Dekar won a new LCD monitor in Reloaded 3 by throwing a bottle into a rubbish bin.

EPIC TECH SKILL RIGHT THAR

But to clear up, Smash here has never been about the money; if it is, it only affects the top 3 people; the rest just come along for the joy ride and they constitute the majority.

Browny

Smash Hater
Shaya I dont think you understand how these things quite work in SA lol... reloaded is MASSIVE. last time they had a whole basketball court dedicated to an indoor laser skirmish, and over 100 TV's and 360's provided for almost 48 hours. Thats where the money goes. youre also paying for the dozens of other console comps you can enter, even a brawl nut like me might only spend 1/2 the time actually playing brawl when theres so much of everything else on offer.

Brawl is indeed a side tournament, but when you see the scale of these LAN's, everything becomes a side tournament.

Toby.

Smash Master
wow...

how come reloaded 4 has no interstate people whatsoever when the prize for doubles was $200 worth of stuff, but now its supposedly $500 and everyone suddenly cares. is it really all about the money for you guys?
i see the issue... being all about the money again?

w/e lol, i dont care if it is. i know travelling is expensive and uni costs > brawl. Just dont try to be giving SA players **** for not travelling (lmao i went to melb where first prize was $15 for doubles 1st place only and like $20 split across top 3 in singles... amazing), and then at the same time try to deny its not all about the money. Its not like we have any incentive to go anywhere either with a trip costing around $180+

im anticipating a very predictable response to this post. before anyone tries to be funny, grow up
I'm pretty confused.

First you're disgusted because it was all about the money with us.

Then I said: yes money is a big problem so obviously a higher payout makes things potentially more affordable.

And then suddenly you are talking about us giving SA **** for not traveling? I feel like im being drawn into some paradox whereby it is both disgusting and acceptable for money to be important, and somehow no matter which way I go I will still be wrong.

DJB you know i <3 you but srs, whut whut whut?

I dont think I have *ever* bagged out SA players for not traveling interstate :confused:

Browny

Smash Hater
wasnt directed at you toby lol. I know theres plenty of other people here who like to do it, gotta stop em before they try to be original again. It only really applies to those people, since i know the exact response im gonna get (heres a hint, i wont get it coz theyre currently banned).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
They should have a whole bball court dedicated to bball this time imo.
that is the first good idea I've heard this whole thread

also djb I know many of us dont 'bag' you out for not travelling because of money.
we bag you out for talking it up about how good you are (you do pwn it up on wifi though) and how much your gonna beat us (great job at giving your whole state a bad rep ant) and how you should be included in all eastern state things - because if you wanna be included you have to travel.

there, thats how you make an ignorant statement guys, far out I have to hold your hands through everything

and toby, what about the paradox of the buring poster? :dizzy:

tedeth

Smash Master
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the level of play in SA, but two of their loudest better players (not mentioning any names) act extremely disrespectfully and spread hilarious slanderous remarks.

I remember playing Desert Eagle in my early wifi days. He was a really nice guy and a good player. I hope he comes to this I'd like to meet him in person.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol's my above post was half serious half jokeing with a touch of sarcasim and ***-hole-ism.
SA are good since djb came 5th in the melbourne tourney he went to, and there are more players then just him and ant so it'd be stupid to assume that whatever those 2 do is representative of their whole community, as I mentioned above.

I'm just keeping it real guys
perhaps you would be if this was merely the internet, but as vyse has said, this community is more like a second family to him, and I feel that way too and so would many others I think so lets keep it civil, or else you'll get GANON STOMPED.

no really you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom