• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rusty Guillotine Mafia | Ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You are at l-2. If I voted you now, you'd self hammer. You said yourself that you self hammer as scum.

Now, we can't kill scum until after we decide who to lynch the day after to cut your head. So I'd rather not cut discussion so quickly.

If you self-hammered, that'd be another kill and nite action.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If you self-hammered, that'd be another kill and nite action.
If I self-hammered as scum, the game would be over and Town would win.

I'm not asking you to end the Day, I'm asking you to put me at L-1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Game wouldn't be over. We still have to lynch another person to KILL YOU and get a flip.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If YOU ARE TOWN, then that means that smargaret is scum. If I am scum and also lynched, then the GAME IS OVER. The Mod would end the game, because there would be NO CHANCE that the scum faction could win.

I am a claimed scum; vote for me NOW.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Did you forget about the mechanic? You aren't dead until the guillotine falls, correct?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Did you lose your common sense? Why would we keep playing if a faction cannot win?

Left 4 Scum ended early because it was impossible for the Town to win, and I'm sure there are other such examples.

Besides, you are literally arguing that you don't want to lynch the person that you consider to be the FINAL SCUM because you haven't decided which other Townie you want to lynch after (I am, after all, a claimed scum). Even if you DID come to a decision, it wouldn't survive the Night, just as the decision to lynch YOU didn't survive the Night.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know, that's up to the mod and his mechanics.

How are you so sure it would end so quickly here like in that game?

Yet we don't see your flip until another is lynched. Better to be safe than sorry.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: If we place the 2nd scum on the guillotine and the scum faction cannot attain population majority, does the game end immediately?

@Ranmaru: I still don't understand your excuse. You don't want to lynch the 2nd claimed scum because you want to line up someone else after? It DOES NOT MATTER who is lynched toMorrow if I am being truthful (and thus, am scum), since that means that the ENTIRE scum faction is dead OR GOING TO DIE.

Do you think I am scum or not?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I do think you are scum. You haven't been as energized as I have seen in other games. You have only resorted to defending yourself or defending your plans which usually don't work and contain much wifom.

And you claimed mafia cop.

Also, we need to see reactions from the rest of town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know, you tell me. You claimed Mafia.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, there isn't anything that would convince you that I'm not mafia since I claimed to BE mafia?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey, your claim is believable. Nothing wrong with some town reactions.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ranmaru said:
Hey, your claim is believable. Nothing wrong with some town reactions.
Actually, my claim is decided UN-believable, since you claimed to be roleblocked.

But you evaded my question. Will Town's reactions affect your opinions, or do you believe beyond any doubt that I am scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I never evaded your question. You used double negatives. So, basically you were asking me if I believed your claim, and I do. That you are mafia.

Rolecop is ... questionable. I was roleblocked, and the only way for you to be rolecop was if Smarg could use an action and kill while on the guillotine. I have stated this already.

Nothing wrong with having the town reactions just in case.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Or rather, your question being if there is anything else that would make me believe you are mafia.

I simply said your claim is enough. Now the role you claimed is questionable.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I never evaded your question. You used double negatives. So, basically you were asking me if I believed your claim, and I do. That you are mafia.
That wasn't a double negative. The first negation was applied to "anything" and the second to "mafia", so my question was "there is nothing that would convince you that I'm Town since I claimed to BE mafia?".

Rolecop is ... questionable. I was roleblocked, and the only way for you to be rolecop was if Smarg could use an action and kill while on the guillotine. I have stated this already.
It is stated in the rules that this cannot occur, fool.

Nothing wrong with having the town reactions just in case.
So once again, there is nothing that the town could say that would convince you that I'm Town since I claimed to BE mafia, correct?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I simply said your claim is enough. Now the role you claimed is questionable.
"Your claim is enough". So, you believe that I am mafia beyond any shadow of a doubt and the Town cannot convince you otherwise?

Yes or no.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cello said:
So, there isn't anything that would convince you that I'm not mafia since I claimed to BE mafia?

So, there is anything that would convince you that I am mafia since I claimed to BE mafia?

-So, is there-

So is there anything that would convince you that I am mafia since I claimed to BE mafia?
I don't see the word town in this quote. This was without the double negatives.

Also, not mafia doesn't mean town.

Ah, so possibly Smarg killed while you blocked then?

There is nothing town can say that would make me believe you are town. I believe you are scum, by your actions, and now by your desperate claim.

I believe you cannot retract your claim easily.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
"Your claim is enough". So, you believe that I am mafia beyond any shadow of a doubt and the Town cannot convince you otherwise?

Yes or no.
Only mafia needs to lie. If you are lying, wouldn't you want town reactions?

Your play this whole game hasn't been townie. You haven't be scum hunting, you haven't been putting in the effort. (Nor has KevinM actually)

You'd even self hammer. I do not believe you.

Also, if you weren't mafia, why did you claim Rolecop?

It seems your plan is to preserve yourself. My plan is to scum hunt. Yet, we must discuss as well. Also, it's hurtful for town to self hammer.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ranmaru said:
There is nothing town can say that would make me believe you are town. I believe you are scum, by your actions, and now by your desperate claim.
Then why isn't your vote on me?

They'll read what has been said and form their own conclusions. You don't need to know them since you KNOW smargaret to be scum and you cannot be convinced that I am not.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
And that excuse is unreasonable.

Vote for me. If I am scum, the game is won for Town. Since I am Town, then I will know that smargaret is scum and save you from the lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, so since you claimed, why do you still say "if I am scum"?

Yet since Maf can lie, so I think you saying you are town doesn't mean anything anymore. I don't think what you say matters anymore. You aren't very credible at this point.

It's hard to believe people if they lie, regardless of alignment. If you were town, why would you lie and confuse Town? I think this is worse than self hammering.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
What i see here that makes me worried is the fact that if Smarg is town and the team is July/Ran we lose if we follow Cello's plan here.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's literally entirely safe to lynch Ran vs Cello.. I know people wanna stake the game on it.. but we lose nothing by seeing what Smarg flips and going into a Lylo the next day with a few less people.

I'm really confident in my LyLo ability as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, I see. If you are worried about my flip, would you like to lynch me and then Cello? (since he claimed Mafia) Think about how many myslynches we have first.

Although, I do not find it a bad idea to lynch him now, since he claimed Mafia. Wouldn't it be crazy to ignore that? So it would either be Me than Cello, or Cello than me. It's up to you guys.

But it depends on the myslynches we have.

Also Kev I worry about you and Swords. Especially since you didn't post much. I fear you aren't putting much effort.

Also, I never have seen you think about me and July together, could you elaborate on why you think that?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay, Cello's claim is a bunch of WIFOM. There's no way we can know rather or not it's true, or why he would do it. Town Cello would want to do this as some sort of weird Cello gambit, scum Cello would do it to create WIFOM.

I'm just going to go on and say that this is scum Cello. He's already in the negative zone and this is null to me so it doesn't really drag him any other way.

ToDay should end in a Ran lynch. Not willing to risk this game on Cello lynch. Cello can go toMarrow.

Ran, from a third person pov, would you be gunning for your lynch toDay or Cello's? Be honest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am always honest. Yet Cello's claim is questionable.

Yet if the majority favors lynching Cello, I'll vote him.

If I am to be lynched, that is fine. I will be here tomMorow, and you bet your *** I will be gunning for Cello. Seriously, I will beat cello with a stick. No, with Beatstick! lol, if he is town that is (and we lose because of him D: < )

I will scum hunt whilst I am alive. (or even on the guillotine)

Also, I won't vote myself. That is hurtful to town. (Need to force scum to vote me)

July

Smash Apprentice
No idea what Cello's rolecop is supposed to prove, unless he was trying to catch Ran in a slip since Ran said he was roleblocked last night.

Ran, whenever you want to put Cello at L-1 is your choice. I know there is still outstanding conversation between you and Kevin and maybe between you and Cello. I agree I would like to hear more from Swords before the end of the Day.

@Kevin: We lose on of our mislynches if we lynch Ran now, he's been helping town ever since the cc situation while Smarg has done very little in the game in general; you are right it is a risk but if you believe Smarg is scum its definitely a risk worth taking.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I have said before that I'm totally fine with my lynch, because I made a mistake in my CC. I'd want people to have at least some trust in this town. I could understand from someone else's pov that I am a question mark to the town.

Yet I do not disregard Cello as a question mark either, especially from that desperate act. (It seems desperate)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I don't think you understood my question. Say you weren't voyeur. Now say that smarg claimed voyeur and someone else counter claimed her yesturDay. Now fast forward to toDay, where Smarg is currently on the guillotine. You're given the choice between the counterclaimed person and Cello to lynch toDay, who do you choose?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's literally entirely safe to lynch Ran vs Cello.. I know people wanna stake the game on it.. but we lose nothing by seeing what Smarg flips and going into a Lylo the next day with a few less people.

I'm really confident in my LyLo ability as well.
I'm confident in your LyLo play, yeah sure. I'm not confident in July/Swords Lylo play.

We do lose something, so stop saying we don't. We lose a clear and instead kill the biggest scumspect.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, I'd choose Cello. I have stated that I didn't like his play at all. He doesn't help, he hops wagons, he only defends his plan, ignores anything about stances (yet KevinM does so as well) and, the guy has claimed Mafia. I wouldn't trust anyone that tries to pull something like that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Swords, before the roleclaim and CC, who were your top three scumspects?

Do you believe that neither Cello nor Smarg is scum?

Do you see why I advocate Cello's lynch?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Again, it's WIFOM, so there's no point in trying to force an answer to this right now.

Unless you have you're own opinion to share?
Only thing I know is that scum use wifom as defense in being lynched.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ran, you won't self-vote, correct?

I'm not going to switch votes.

I'm asking you not to switch votes, J.

I have no idea what July is gonna do.

Top Bottom