• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rusty Guillotine Mafia | Ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good call man. I wouldn't have voted until later toDay anyways. I want to see more from Swords, Cello, Kev... Yeah. Smarg too, but she is vla for now.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@J: If I were scum and self-hammered, my faction would lose regardless of whether my scummate was Ranmaru or smargaret.

@Ranmaru: Vote for me. If you're town, then smargaret is scum and this really will work out for the best, since it means that we truly will be in a better position toMorrow. And if you're scum, it will prove that J is your scummate.

@Ryker: I need you to really think and actually pay attention to what I say after Ranmaru puts his vote on me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry Cello. I'm not going to listen to you if you don't even respond to ANY of my posts in regards to you.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Ranmaru: You would KNOW from your perspective that smargaret is scum. I can only be Town or scum. If I am scum, then if I self-hammer, then there is no NEED for discussion to continue since the game would be decided.

If you are Town, what is wrong with proving that you are?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thing is, you shouldn't self hammer ever. It'll give scum more room to breathe.

There is always a need for discussion, town needs info.

Town trying only to prove himself sounds selfish, and not looking at the town as a whole.

Cello, are you thinking of the whole town as a whole? What is your motivation to win?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I have been at L-2 twice. Once with J, Ranmaru, and myself, and now with J, you, and July. In both cases, J is the ONLY common link. If smargaret were scum with ANYONE that isn't me, then why wasn't I lynched? Admittedly, the first L-2 is a bit sketchy because Ranmaru removed his vote after being told he was in a trap, but that can be rectified by him putting his vote on me.

The ONLY good explanation for that is that either I am scum, OR J and smargaret are scummates, OR smargaret is town.

Leave me in this position for 24 hours; when I am not quicklynched, THAT is absolute, 100%, definitive proof that one of the following is true:

1) smargaret is scum with me,
2) smargaret and J are scummates,
3) Ranmaru and I are scummates
4) Ranmaru and J are scummates

And we can cover all possibilities by lynching Ranmaru --> Cello --> J.

@Ryker: Tell/convince Ranmaru to vote for me. Why he won't is beyond me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah, too risky. If you guys would rather lynch me to be safe, go ahead.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Thing is, you shouldn't self hammer ever. It'll give scum more room to breathe.
I am not going to self-hammer, you idiotic twit. If it were possible for my self-hammer to "give scum more room to breathe", then I would be scum with either you or smargaret, and the game would be over. I want to be put at L-1, BY YOU, purely to acquire the information that you desperately think that we need.

There is always a need for discussion, town needs info.
If there are 5 players in an open set-up game, and a Cop claims a guilty on a player, does the Town waste time "discussing" matters, or do they simply lynch both of them? In that scenario, the Town has all the information that it needs, just as we do here. But, here, we must proceed in a specific manner to cover all possibilities.

Town trying only to prove himself sounds selfish, and not looking at the town as a whole.
How is having a proven Town BAD for the Town?

Cello, are you thinking of the whole town as a whole? What is your motivation to win?
I am providing proof of who the scum are. I don't understand how you don't see this as a Good Thing.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Ran is scum because I'm the voyeur, his failclaim proves this. The mechanic means this has already been discussed - saying no discussion means we've decided on a course of action already, not let's not figure out what we're doing today, does that make any sense at all?

Sorry, FMIL is going to be here literally any minute. J is Ran's scumbuddy; why else is he working so hard to get Ran off? Pay attention to his waffling right after Ran cc'd me yesterday.

Everyone looking at how I was on later last night - I left my computer on. I don't know what the window is for staying "viewing this thread" after you leave, and what leaving the computer on and the tab open does to it, but I really did go to bed after my 1527.

You have about 5 minutes to ask last minute questions.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nah, too risky. If you guys would rather lynch me to be safe, go ahead.
I'm sorry, what?

What is too risky? Putting the person that you want to lynch at L-1 is "too risky"? HOW?

If you don't want to put me at L-1, which is A PREREQUISITE OF LYNCHING ME, what else do you propose OTHER than lynching you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why didn't you log out Smarg?

So you rather quick lynch without discussion?

Do you think town can win without info?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sorry, what?

What is too risky? Putting the person that you want to lynch at L-1 is "too risky"? HOW?

If you don't want to put me at L-1, which is A PREREQUISITE OF LYNCHING ME, what else do you propose OTHER than lynching you?
Too risky at this time bro. I'd rather not the day end early. I do believe you'd self hammer, you have self voted yourself.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Too risky at this time bro. I'd rather not the day end early. I do believe you'd self hammer, you have self voted yourself.
Do you believe that I am scum?

If so, why is my potential self-hammering a problem, since that would end the game in a Win for Town if I were to BE scum?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
I didn't log out because I'm lazy like that and it's not like my fiance - who is the only other person with access to this computer - is going to troll my mafia accounts. You don't stay logged in anywhere?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Do you believe that I am scum?

If so, why is my potential self-hammering a problem, since that would end the game in a Win for Town if I were to BE scum?
Self hammering isn't good for town. It doesn't help. It seems gambity to me and I don't rely on gambits.

I like discussion. You'll have to wait. I'm sorry Cello, but I'm not anxious to end the day.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I am not going to self-hammer if I am Town.

I am going to self-hammer if I am Scum. Which, once more, would result in a Town Win.

It doesn't particularly matter if I am lying and Scum, since what I propose covers that contingency.

What is there to talk about when this will provide PROOF of who the scum are, OR result in a Town Win if I am scum and self-hammer?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why do you dislike being scum?

How can we know that you dislike being scum?

You see, I don't trust your proposals at all. They seem crooked to me, and in a town where there is scum hiding, it's scary to try and see if you really would betray yourself as scum and betray your scum mates ultimately.

I simply do not believe your plan will work. I am fine with scum hunting. I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures. Don't try to complicated it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
You see, I don't trust your proposals at all. They seem crooked to me, and in a town where there is scum hiding, it's scary to try and see if you really would betray yourself as scum and betray your scum mates ultimately.
There are only two scum in this set-up. This OPEN set up, something you seem to keep forgetting about with your talk of masons and the like. Since there was a CC, we KNOW that one of you and smargaret is scum. If I were going to sacrifice myself, WHO would I be protecting? There wouldn't be ANYONE else to protect.

I simply do not believe your plan will work.
Please tell me, in your own words, what my plan is and why it "will not work".

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also about your plan:

It's wifom. That's why it can't work.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I did answer.

Did you ever protect anyone? List who and why.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's risky, and wifomish. We don't know what scum would do. So it's not worth it to take the risk. It's better to scum hunt.

I don't rely on gambits. You explained your plan.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Let's put it this way.

I'm mafia.

I am fully and freely claiming that I am scum, but NOT who my PARTNER is. Since, as scum, I could only have one partner. Since, as an open set up, we KNOW the roles present in the game.

As the Town Voyeur, you KNOW who the other scum is. Will you vote for me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
May I ask why you claim scum now?

I was roleblocked when I viewed Joey, so if you were scum, you'd be the roleblocker. (Because Smarg is on the guillotine) Yet, if the scum is claiming toDay, why would he have blocked me yesTerday NiTeE?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ranmaru said:
May I ask why you claim scum now?

I was roleblocked when I viewed Joey, so if you were scum, you'd be the roleblocker. (Because Smarg is on the guillotine) Yet, if the scum is claiming toDay, why would he have blocked me yesTerday NiTeE?
None of this matters (except the the Roleblocker part, which is why I claimed Cop).

Will you vote for me or not, and if not, why not?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So if you are rolecop, that means Smarg could have done an action and kill while still on the guillotine?

Not now, later I will. Want to see what the town thinks of this.

Now that you claimed, your plan wouldn't matter anymore.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
What could the Town's opinion POSSIBLY matter?

I CLAIMED SCUM. Your vote SHOULD BE ON ME.

Top Bottom