• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumble On or Off?

Hype

Smash Lord
Do you play with Rumble on or off? Why?

I personally play with mine off because I've been playing all games with it off for years. I find I can keep the controller more steady With it off.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I keep the vibrator on.

Ladies.

Just kidding.
I turn the RUMBLE off.
(Calling it "vibrating" gives it certain connotations, Hype).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I keep it on.
I think of it as a sort of "reminder" to step up my game every time I get hit.

Scala

Smash Ace
I don't even notice it... I don't realize it's on when I play, though I guess I would probably notice if it was turned off. Regardless, it doesn't change anything for me.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I can't just see the hit and be satisfied, I have to feel it too.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Brawl rumbles far too often for my taste. Do I really need tactile response to the fact that I am dashing across the stage? It's kind of ridiculous. If it only went off when you got hit, I'd totally have it on, but not with things the way they are.

PCHU

Smash Lord
You fool!
How could you even POST such a topic?
Keep rumble on!
Doesn't it feel GREAT to absolutely MURDER your opponent in an AWESOME combo, ending it with a METEOR, or even better, a STAGE SPIKE, watching them fly HELPLESSLY into the COLD, HARD WALL, and INTO THE ABYSS?
Yes, it does.
It feels very good, and PUNISHING your opponent (who's trying to gimp you) WITH A STAGE SPIKE IS THE PWNSOMENESS!
AND DOLPHIN SLASH IS THE PWNSOMENESS!!
So yeah, keep it on.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I dunno, its like another sense of what i'm doing or what I should be doing. Weird I know, but I love having it on. Plus it helps me judge if I sweetspotted an attack/smash (Marth's tipper for one). Trying to play it off just has me left in the dust going "Ok, wtf am I doing?"
ESPECIALLY when you're in a massive brawl and its easy to lose track of your character. Feel a huge rumble? You probably got smashed and quickly refind your character (Guess its just me).
I have no clue how many times i've played without rumble and ended up killing myself simply because I couldn't tell what was going on thanks to rumble being off.

And it feels so good to feel that rumble when you get a sweet smash off someone to their death =)

PCHU

Smash Lord
I have trouble on 64 because of no rumble.
It's like I don't know who just died.....or how hard I'm hitting.
It sucks...
It has no feeling in it, so it's meaningless to try and 'be' your character....
I'm worse without rumble.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I have trouble on 64 because of no rumble.
It's like I don't know who just died.....or how hard I'm hitting.
It sucks...
It has no feeling in it, so it's meaningless to try and 'be' your character....
I'm worse without rumble.
If you talking about on the console and not the emulator, go find yourself a Rumble Pak. Super Smash Bros is compatible with it.

Oh at topic creator: Sakurai said he was purposely allowing the Game Cube controller to stay because he likes how it vibrates well. If you don't have Rumble on, you're not playing Sakurai's game! (just kidding)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Doesn't affect my gameplay at all, so I just keep the rumble on.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
^This has got to stop! At LEAST POST IN REGULAR ENGLISH LIKE YOU DID BEFORE!

ON TOPIC:

I personally like to turn rumble off.

Unfortunately, I can not post in this topic anymore because of the Jakadactyl attack.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well.. Rumble on simply because i'm already used to it and been playing with it for years so having no rumble is not an option unless of course the game I play doesn't support it, but nowadays which game doesn't? *doesn't wanna hear PS3*

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I don't really notice it all that much unless I'm playing a really laggy Wifi match and I get hit. It just keeps rumbling forever...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Can someone corfirm or deny this because one person says it strengthens your hands and one says it weakens your hands. I'm curious to know the truth.
It weakens your hands a little as your holding it while its vibrating.
It strengthens it after its done vibrating.
It's kinda like lifting weights, know what i mean?

Top Bottom