• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, I live in San Jose close to the 10th/11th St exit from 280, but I haven't found a ride. Would anyone be willing to help me out? I would be glad to help pay for gas and bring my recording setup!

Also, will there be a Project M tournament at this? sidefx said there may or may not be PM, but I was wondering if there was any confirmation; I know some people who would show up just for that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
prob not due to this being a one day event. at least not an actual tourney
Awesome. It's like people stopped trying to do big tournaments in a single day. I'd like to see more of this.

prob not

10char
What the hell is wrong with California tournaments? Half the time you guys can't stream your tournies, and even then a lot of the time your stream quality is bad. Do better.

sidefx

Smash Champion
What the hell is wrong with California tournaments? Half the time you guys can't stream your tournies, and even then a lot of the time your stream quality is bad. Do better.
two reasons.

1. the internet at the venue is mediocre at best. it randomly kicks you off if you use too much bandwidth, or just plain disconnects when it feels like it. Its meant for fuddruckers, and not for public use. (speedtest of it shows dl/ 1.5mb up/.8 barely enough to even support a stream in the first place)

2. I originally expected only a few socal people (10 or so) to come up for this tournament. Sort of like a glorified monthly tournament we usually have at the venue which brings in about 50 people. Word spread fast, and now were expecting around 100-120 people for this. So now my original plan of not caring about having a stream since its a glorified local tournament, went to **** cause its now a semi national.

wasnt planning on having a stream but ill try my best to maintain it. The venue was free and easy for me to secure, since we use it for our local monthlies around here. Next one i do ill prep more and secure a location that has solid internet (at a college campus or something)

hope that helps

edit: Also should have noted, that to compensate for lack of stream, I have secure around 7 recording setups to record various matches throughout the tournament. There will be a **** load of videos going up on the meleepacwest youtube channel.

I will be paying $5 for anyone bringing a recording set up, and willing to maintain it throughout the tournament so we can record as many sick matches as we can.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, it's always really depressing when a tournament near me gets OoR interest.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
two reasons.

1. the internet at the venue is mediocre at best. it randomly kicks you off if you use too much bandwidth, or just plain disconnects when it feels like it. Its meant for fuddruckers, and not for public use. (speedtest of it shows dl/ 1.5mb up/.8 barely enough to even support a stream in the first place)

2. I originally expected only a few socal people (10 or so) to come up for this tournament. Sort of like a glorified monthly tournament we usually have at the venue which brings in about 50 people. Word spread fast, and now were expecting around 100-120 people for this. So now my original plan of not caring about having a stream since its a glorified local tournament, went to **** cause its now a semi national.

wasnt planning on having a stream but ill try my best to maintain it. The venue was free and easy for me to secure, since we use it for our local monthlies around here. Next one i do ill prep more and secure a location that has solid internet (at a college campus or something)

hope that helps

edit: Also should have noted, that to compensate for lack of stream, I have secure around 7 recording setups to record various matches throughout the tournament. There will be a **** load of videos going up on the meleepacwest youtube channel.

I will be paying $5 for anyone bringing a recording set up, and willing to maintain it throughout the tournament so we can record as many sick matches as we can.
Well I can't really argue with that. You seem to be planing this major a lot better than some other TOs I can think of, so keep up the good work. Sorry for the attitude.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I wanted to rail Froggy so bad just now with 05-06 NK ferocity, but he had to go and apologize for being an ***. Good ****.

Boback, I'm just a little curious as to how you plan on running this mother lover with a billion people going. I know you've ran big tournaments before, and the venue is relatively large, but there is a lot of peeps coming to this. I'm not talking in terms of seeding and all that jazz either, just in the sheer magnitude of the traffic that's going to be there.

So what's going to be the protocol for handling so many people? Are you going to need a team to regulate setup usage? Straight bracket for time reasons or did you want to do pools?

If you would like me to go around making sure mother****ers are keeping the stations clear for tournament I am more than happy to do so. I ****ing love reaming *******s who don't respect the TO's rules. I am also willing to lend my big *** man voice for crowd control when you need ****ers to listen and to call matches out.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
someone give me a ride please. =]

I'm in Santa Barbara. Pretty much the second to last exit before civilization ends and it's just pure central coast and rolling hills.

sidefx

Smash Champion
I wanted to rail Froggy so bad just now with 05-06 NK ferocity, but he had to go and apologize for being an ***. Good ****.

Boback, I'm just a little curious as to how you plan on running this mother lover with a billion people going. I know you've ran big tournaments before, and the venue is relatively large, but there is a lot of peeps coming to this. I'm not talking in terms of seeding and all that jazz either, just in the sheer magnitude of the traffic that's going to be there.

So what's going to be the protocol for handling so many people? Are you going to need a team to regulate setup usage? Straight bracket for time reasons or did you want to do pools?

If you would like me to go around making sure mother****ers are keeping the stations clear for tournament I am more than happy to do so. I ****ing love reaming *******s who don't respect the TO's rules. I am also willing to lend my big *** man voice for crowd control when you need ****ers to listen and to call matches out.

basically any tv that is available will be used for tournament. Friendlies will be non existent for the first half to two thirds of the tournament due to obvious reasons. We have one day .. no .. we have 9 hours to get this **** done.

We may or may not be doing rr pools. depends on how many setups we get. A lot of people have suggested doing bracket pools how evo does it, but as far as i know thats just a giant bracket split up into smaller bite sized chunks correct? either way, im not opposed to doing a straight bracket. Seeding will be relatively easy imo, so that wont be a problem.

Also going to have people on deck waiting to play the second the set theyre waiting for is over. I wont have a problem DQ'ing people to get this tournament finished on time. Ill post up more details on that this weekend when i have more time to type **** out and update the first post.

Project M wont be happening =\. If this didnt get so out of control (attendance wise) i would have it, but we really dont have time to do it. I also want any set up we have to be used for the melee tournament.

josh, you can be on me enforcer squad.

youll get a shiny badge and everything

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's understandable, Melee comes first with such a huge attendance. Good luck with the tourney; if there's a stream I'll be sure to watch.

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for a ride up from San Luis Obispo, it's about 4 hoursish south of SF. I'd drive but honestly, can't put much faith in my '94 Volvo.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'll bring a recording setup. I have a second recording setup that I might get working as well. I also have 2 full setups and a few extra TVs that I might bring. I'm getting hyped for this.

I can also yell at people playing friendlies and do other assorted TO **** if you need an extra helping hand. Let me know.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Boback,

Is it accurate to say that the 7 recording setups you had on hand + the four setups Sung says his car's bringing + the two setups GKInfinity says he's bringing = 12 confirmed setups so far?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I think other people expressed commitments to setups that didn't have recording on Facebook/this thread, so we should have more than the 12 listed.

Last weekend, we had 11 setups, many coming from people that didn't confirm one of those 7 setups listed.

Stann

Smash Rookie
so stoked for this. i dont know if im going for sure, but i certainly am willing to drive people if anyone's down to throw in for gas, if i do go that is (like 80% sure i will). ill be leaving from santa cruz in the morning the day of.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Same here, dude.

I had hit "Reply" and typed up a good four sentences of raw hatred, and when I saw him apologize, I was like "Awwwww shucks."

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Same here, dude.

I had hit "Reply" and typed up a good four sentences of raw hatred, and when I saw him apologize, I was like "Awwwww shucks."
You can still post em if you like or pm me. I'm in a bad mood so I don't mind an argument right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom