• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings

sidefx

Smash Champion
@trail: rides from LAX to norcal is lookin non existent. of the 4 cars that i know of that are coming up, theyre all full except for one which may or may not be full. theres like a 10% chance the spot might clear up, just waiting on approval to take the days off though.

=\\\

if you fly into SFO its usually more expensive than it is into Oakland. San jose airport is also an option, but youd definitely need a ride from there because there is no direct public transit to get to the rest of the bay area. (the other two airports have direct access to BART (our subway system))

sidefx

Smash Champion
This ****'s on my birthday. All I want is for the tourney to be streamed. Will my prayers be answered?
i wish i could say for certain itll be streamed but ill try.

the internet there blows (well its capped) but sometimes its really really good and sometimes its not even working. and the management has no idea what the hell a router is so its all a coin flip.

we tried using panera breads internet which reaches to where the tourny is held, but they kick us off eventually for sucking up their ****ty bandwidth.

@trail nvm i didnt see the posts on the other page about sung giving you a ride

someone bring me an edible or 5.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
i wish i could say for certain itll be streamed but ill try.

the internet there blows (well its capped) but sometimes its really really good and sometimes its not even working. and the management has no idea what the hell a router is so its all a coin flip.

we tried using panera breads internet which reaches to where the tourny is held, but they kick us off eventually for sucking up their ****ty bandwidth.

@trail nvm i didnt see the posts on the other page about sung giving you a ride

someone bring me an edible or 5.
Ya right now my plan A is just to go into LAX and come with sung (called him he said its all good). However, flights into San Fransisco aren't all that much more expensive so my question remains if anyone would be able to help a ***** out for housing and airport rides (when i arrive on friday and when I depart on monday).

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I still think flying into socal for a norcal tournament is weird as hell, but hey man, you do what you gotta do.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Trail. You're an OG. You helped get this game where its at today. If you want to fly into Oakland or SFO I would have your back. Eff if you could fly into Sacramento that would be boss but I have no idea if you even can.

Just making sure you know though:

A) You'd be in Sacramento, which sounds cool cause it's the capital but it's not. The pool of good smashers is pretty damn shallow but we have some pretty decent players.

B) It's a bit of a ride to and from the airport from SFO (about two hours) or Oakland (a little less) but IDGF.

Definitely go through Norcal if you're going to fly through though, cause as was previously mentioned, your chances of catching a ride back from lax are pretty slim.

I'm assuming there wouldn't be a problem with anyone in the bay housing and giving you a ride. If that turns out to not be the case, I got you no problem.

I can promise booze, greenery, and some good peeps to hang out with though. Whatever you decide I'll be your safety net.

EDIT: AND **** IT, since you'd be here for a little while and you're from bum**** no where, we could take a trip to San Francisco to see the sites if you wanted.

DOUBLE EDIT: My number is 916 532 9614. **** PMs. That is all.

LEGENDARY TRIPLE EDIT: I don't want this post to seem like an "I'll only do it as a last resort" post. A lot more of the smash homies are in the bay so you may have a better time chilling with them or something. Just to be clear, I'd ****ing be stoked if you wanted me to pick you up and house you. Not even a question.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Trail if you list out some possible fly-in times to SFO/SJC. I'm sure one of us will help out.

darkatma

Smash Hero
What day is socal getting in?

I can house a car of people saturday and sunday nights, as long as they respect the house, since it is my parents' house. They'll be gone for the weekend though, so we can play lots of smash till whenever. I'm probably 30-40 minutes from the venue as well.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
:/ am I not being clear? I was asking if anyone would be able to help me out if I flew into SF or Oakland, if not then i'll be headin up from LA.
oh my bad, I read
Ya right now my plan A is just to go into LAX and come with sung (called him he said its all good). However, flights into San Fransisco aren't all that much more expensive so my question remains if anyone would be able to help a ***** out for housing and airport rides (when i arrive on friday and when I depart on monday).
and figured that by "plan A" you meant, that's what your 1st option would be.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Dang, NintendoKing really stepping it up.

I still remember playing with him and McRusty and Simna back at I think Connor's house many years asgo.

Darkatma,

Our car wants your housing! Please thank you!

Can anyone else house Friday or Monday? Either day would mean a lot to us!

Kels88

Smash Lord
So Khepri has just informed me that my flight stops in San Fransisco(SFO) then heads to LAX after. So could anyone give me a ride from this airport? no point in flying to LA if i don't need to. my flight reaches SFO at 9:30 A.M Friday, July 27th.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yo NintendoKing, I'd def. be down to chill with you guys. Drinking/smoking and broin sounds like just my kinda thing, im gettin old and I don't really care for playing smash all night like I used to. However, flying into Sacramento would be way too costly, $520 was the cheapest I could find. I found San Fransisco for $388, but I don't wanna make you drive all the way out there to get me unless you are absolutely down to do that. I'll hit you up tonight and we will see whats what.

If not I'll continue with my LAX plans.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
When does your flight head back?

Accounting for the fact that trail would be coming through on Friday and I'd be in SF that day if there were huge gaps in your dudes' arrival and departure times I'm afraid I would only be able to put up Trail. If Trail declines my offer I might be able to work something out for you. I say might becaaaaauuuuuse...

Unfortunately I don't have any connection to you (trail has CK) so unless Sheridan or any of the other old farts that know me can vouch for you, I'm a little bit more hesitant to come through for you.

If I get the all clear from any of the old fogies and either Trail declines the offer or your flight times are reasonably close to each other, the same offer extends to you good sir. Booze, greenery, melee, site seeing, and a chill time.

EDIT: TRAIL: Fly to SF then and I can scoop you up from there. I dun give a hoot. I got you.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I would get there Friday morning at 9:00 AM, but I'd be willing to wait there til whenever. I'd prob just go grab a beer somewhere and flirt with some ******s til you could get out there. Monday I could head back either at 7 AM or 5:45 PM. So whatever time would be good for you is the one I'd go with. Kelly is a funny *** black kid, me and that boi rep the southside of Chicago all day so I can vouch for that lil melon head.

wtf im from thie middle of ****ing no where? u been to the chi before? ur crazy as hell lol....

For real tho, if you're serious about hookin me up with these rides/housing I got you back 10 fold if you ever happen to come out to Chicago one day. I don't forget this kinda ****.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
There's a good vouch.

The only other concern I would have is for the departure flight times. I don't mind waiting around in SF and showing kel around till you arrive, but if the departure times equate to him leaving at *** crack on Monday, unless someone in the area feels like allowing us to post up for a bit till I'd have to take you to the airport, I'm not too positive I could take Kel as well.

I can stretch a bit, but I'm no Stretch Armstrong. That guy is super ****ing accommodating.

EDIT: I definitely have a reputation for talk with no follow through, but that's only when I'm the only person I'm affecting. I'm not about to **** any of my homies over. You can ask boback, sheridan, or whoever, I come through for my bros (and girls who are bro like). If I say I'm going to pick you, I'm going to ****ing pick you up. Done.

DOUBLE EDIT: They should allow us to double post, going back and reading edits is confusing as ****. If your willing to be a bit flexible with your departure I'm sure I can take Kelly as well.

This is still up to him though. He may want to smash all day and night with all the norcal pros in the bay. We'll smash up here, but yeah, still Sac.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Dang, NintendoKing really stepping it up.

I still remember playing with him and McRusty and Simna back at I think Connor's house many years asgo.

Darkatma,

Our car wants your housing! Please thank you!

Can anyone else house Friday or Monday? Either day would mean a lot to us!
When do you get in on friday? I don't wanna have too many people over while my parents are here (think conservative asian parents), but once I send them off to the airport (sometime on friday, will check with them), I can house you guys and the midwest

Who'alls gonna be in your car?

So Khepri has just informed me that my flight stops in San Fransisco(SFO) then heads to LAX after. So could anyone give me a ride from this airport? no point in flying to LA if i don't need to. my flight reaches SFO at 9:30 A.M Friday, July 27th.
I will double check, but most likely I can pick you up kelly. Actually, my parents are leaving from the same airport that day, but I'm not sure when.

Trail I can also house you, since NK lives hella far away (you're welcome to come over and chill with your bro NK)

Also I like that the flight to LA is cheaper, even though it stops in SFO airport LOL

Anyways my number is 408-202-9185, text me sometime if you guys wanna confirm/figure out stuff

Kels88

Smash Lord
I'll probably be leaving from LAX since that's where my flight originally leaves from. Khepri's going to be driving me there. And i'd like to probably play smash as much as possible while i'm there. not sure how far the bay is from where we'll be.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
There's a good vouch.

The only other concern I would have is for the departure flight times. I don't mind waiting around in SF and showing kel around till you arrive, but if the departure times equate to him leaving at *** crack on Monday, unless someone in the area feels like allowing us to post up for a bit till I'd have to take you to the airport, I'm not too positive I could take Kel as well.

I can stretch a bit, but I'm no Stretch Armstrong. That guy is super ****ing accommodating.

EDIT: I definitely have a reputation for talk with no follow through, but that's only when I'm the only person I'm affecting. I'm not about to **** any of my homies over. You can ask boback, sheridan, or whoever, I come through for my bros (and girls who are bro like). If I say I'm going to pick you, I'm going to ****ing pick you up. Done.

DOUBLE EDIT: They should allow us to double post, going back and reading edits is confusing as ****. If your willing to be a bit flexible with your departure I'm sure I can take Kelly as well.

This is still up to him though. He may want to smash all day and night with all the norcal pros in the bay. We'll smash up here, but yeah, still Sac.
Kelly is gonna go back with Kephri and depart from LAX. The only person u'd have to take care of is me and I listed to two different departure times i could choose from in the previous post. Whichever one is good for you I'd be down with. I also wouldn't mind just bumming it the **** up and crashing at the airport on Sunday until my flight leaves the next day. I'll sit out there wit a lil coffee mug and pocket some change you know what I'm saying. I'm super flexible with when you pick me up, like I said i'll wait around til whenever. But i absolutely can't miss my flight back home or my boss is gonna **** me up the *** the next day.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I just spent the past hour typing out this big ol post only to say **** it.

Trail, do you have a number I can call you at?

EDIT: Or you can just give me a call. 916 532 9614.

ANOTHER EDIT: Trail no matter what, you're taken care of. So don't fret.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
When do you get in on friday? I don't wanna have too many people over while my parents are here (think conservative asian parents), but once I send them off to the airport (sometime on friday, will check with them), I can house you guys and the midwest

Who'alls gonna be in your car?
When do you want us to?

I think it's safe to say we are pretty big on sleep so arriving by 8, playing smash for a few hours and then sleeping by at least midnight would be optimal.

I'm priy much organizing everything for my car so whatever works is what I'll sell. The car is me + Ben (Scott Pilgrim) + Jocelyn (his girlfriend) + Jeremy (Fly Amanita).

darkatma

Smash Hero
That sounds good, I am glad ya'll want sleep. Hate hosting people who will stay up the whole night, since I'm a light sleeper.

Don't think i've ever played you before adam >_>
should be fun

Btw what are you guys planning to do saturday? Visit around the bay?

@NintendoKing: yo sorry I never got back to you after my class. I went to someone's house to play smash and lost track of the time haha

sidefx

Smash Champion
josh is the homie.

cookies/brownies is fine btw. and potent as ****. :D

btw kels lax is no where near norcal =\ 6 hour drive. just letting you know in case you guys dont know exactly how long of a drive it is from LAX to norcal (where the tournament is)

@roy, if plans fall through and josh cant take you for whatever reason or some **** happens let me know, you got my number i got your back. and saturday i think a bunch of us are trying to get some sort of bbq going or something, somewhere.. just to chill and what not. ill post up more details when the date gets closer

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
That sounds good, I am glad ya'll want sleep. Hate hosting people who will stay up the whole night, since I'm a light sleeper.

Don't think i've ever played you before adam >_>
should be fun

Btw what are you guys planning to do saturday? Visit around the bay?
=)

I am down for sight-seeing/doing something free 'cuz I'm a broke *** student. Also down for playing a lot of smash cuz for me, let's be real, dat's da whole point. Crimson Blur says a tournament is worth it if you get, like, 2x as much smash as the travel time. 12-16 hour travel time = 24-32 hours of smash!

So I'd really like to go to a smashfest or something.

Doesn't Brandon live in Fremont?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
He moved, but I think hes still relatively close. However hes usually busy as **** because hes on his grown man two job grind.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I'm sure a smashfest can be arranged

Brandon's moved or moving right now, not sure where exactly
Zhu lives 10 minutes away from me, Lord lives 15 mins away
Eh actually most of the bay is within 30-40 minutes, so it shouldn't be a big deal wherever we end up smashing

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I've got 'em boback dun worry about that, but it's awesome you're willing to pull through if I can't. Gotta take care of our own. I'm also gonna give you one of my favorite treats (you will fall in love :D). And there definitely needs to be a barbecue somewhere so that the old farts can sit back and reminisce.

Darkatma. Can peeps stay until monday? I wouldn't mind crashing with you guys as long as we have a place to stay on monday. If you can't...

Is there anyone in the bay that would be able to house trail, adam + crew, and moi for at least monday night?

darkatma

Smash Hero
I've got 'em boback dun worry about that, but it's awesome you're willing to pull through if I can't. Gotta take care of our own. I'm also gonna give you one of my favorite treats (you will fall in love :D). And there definitely needs to be a barbecue somewhere so that the old farts can sit back and reminisce.

Darkatma. Can peeps stay until monday? I wouldn't mind crashing with you guys as long as we have a place to stay on monday. If you can't...

Is there anyone in the bay that would be able to house trail, adam + crew, and moi for at least monday night?
already discussed over phone, not a problem

I AM SO HYPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom