• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasses

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2154-1222
Definitely going to this! I live in Walnut Creek after all. :p

Gonna be practicing all month.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Kels apparently isnt even confirmed for this, lmao.
Why is his name in the title?
To attract hype. A lot of tournies do this, and then it comes later that most of the big names aren't even showing up for it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
If the all the strong players from Cali showed up then I would have been surprised if Kels got top 5.

darkatma

Smash Hero
+1 for kels woulda placed well

I don't think he would've gotten 2nd, but the people who i'd say would for sure beat him would be:
Mango, Dajuan, Zhu, any jigglypuff player

Close matches with
Lovage, S2j, Ballz

edit: I don't think kels would necessarily place well, I just think he has the potential to. I wouldn't be surprised if he got something like 17th either.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
too bad he isn't coming. i could have taken all your $ in sidebets.

edit: he wouldn't necessarily place well, but he would have placed well? not even trying to hate, though it will come across that way, but the evidence of him being at a level to be projected at 2nd is lacking

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Johnny/Oscar/Wes > Dajuan/Zhu.

Then you dont understand how good Kels is.
Mango, Dajuan, Silent Spectre, Zac, PewPewU, Oscar, Johnny, Jeremy, Wes, Kirby Kaze.

It's not disrespectful to claim Kels getting top 5 v that group of players (plus more if random puffs like Sheridan give him trouble) would be surprising.

What OOR players have come in and done that? DaShizWiz and Jman? Both are better than Kels. And I really like Kels' Fox.

sidefx

Smash Champion
if this is a success, i think ill host another one in late fall/winter. (before the end of the year).

**** plane ticket prices.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Johnny/Oscar/Wes > Dajuan/Zhu.

Mango, Dajuan, Silent Spectre, Zac, PewPewU, Oscar, Johnny, Jeremy, Wes, Kirby Kaze.

It's not disrespectful to claim Kels getting top 5 v that group of players (plus more if random puffs like Sheridan give him trouble) would be surprising.

What OOR players have come in and done that? DaShizWiz and Jman? Both are better than Kels. And I really like Kels' Fox.
Johnny/Oscar/Wes aren't necessarily better than Zhu and Dajuan..
actually up till recently i'd say dajuan can beat all those guys.. and still beat johnny last time they played.
Zhu is hella good, I'm betting at least even with the socal dudes or better

Anyways I am fairly confident Kels stands a good chance against SS, Zac, Pew, Johnny, Wes, and slightly less so against fly/oscar/kk. He plays very careful and with good execution, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he was able to beat half that list of people.

It just comes down to personal speculation really. I have never played lovage/wes/kk in tourney so I have no idea how good they truly are, but kels is no slouch when it comes to playing good people. Destroying darkrain and vanz 6-0 is not noob material. I feel like I have a decent chance against 1/3rd of the people on that list, and kels is much much better than me.

also I don't think shiz and jman are better than kels now. maybe in their primes.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Oh my goodness, shut the **** up. Instead of fapping to all your favorite good players, try to get as good if not better than them. You dont get to live vicariously through smashers that have put the time and dedication to Get where they are. So stop pretending like you mother ****ers know who is this best. You all lack the capacity to comprehend their level of play anyways. Suck some more ****.

:phone:

darkatma

Smash Hero
I would pay an abundant amount of cash to see Kels vs SilentSpectre.
hmmmm rob would you mind spotting kelly some money for his plane ticket?
i'm volunteering 60 bucks outta my own pocket to get him here, but he needs a bit more, since tickets are in the 400 range, while he's looking for something 200-300.

I really want to see kels play against everyone here, even if I am completely wrong about his skill level and he actually blows compared to california.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
And the sky isn't necessarily blue.

actually up till recently i'd say dajuan can
It's long been a pet peeve of mine when people say could/might/may. Try should/will/must.

Zhu is hella good rusty
If he gets and stays un-rusty he has a shot against S2J/Oscar/Wes.

Destroying darkrain and vanz 6-0 is not noob material.
Darkrain beat him back in March. Vanz also lost to Abu.

I feel like I have a decent chance against 1/3rd of the people on that list
You don't.

also I don't think shiz and jman are better than kels now. maybe in their primes.
Shiz and Jman don't randomly lose to Puffs like Velynn or Idea.

When Jman came to SoCal he beat: Lucky (in both Winners and Grand Finals), Zhu, Mango, Falcomist, SFAT, Tai. He won a tournament with the following heavy-hitters attending: Light, Axe, S2J, Fly Amanita, Westballz, Bob$, Shroomed, Scar, Taj, GamerGuitarist7, Darrell, Tang, Silent Spectre, PewPewU, HugS, SFAT, and Hungrybox.

Kels has a long way to go before he ever accomplishes even half of that.

When Shiz came to NorCal he beat Lunin, Lovage, Lucky, Shroomed, SS, and Falcomist twice (losing once in Winners).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQm-6baAAQ

3- and 2-stocked by Zoo.

He's got his work cut out ;).

sidefx

Smash Champion
ill put in $60 as well.

@atma my paypal account has been frozen since genesis 1 (**** paypal) so i can give it to you in person if you want next time you come up to concord for some smash

darkatma

Smash Hero
yoo you are amazing boback
alright, i'll let him know!

@shadrach kabango: lol I don't think you know my skill level. You can think I fluked my way to 13th at Genesis 2, but ima tell you results were pretty real. As a somewhat decent player, I feel like I can tell skill level better than a random.

I already said, I'd love to be wrong too. Donate to kelly!

darkatma

Smash Hero
Blah Blah Darkrain/Vanz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTfyLHm3lc
he lost to darkrain in winners and came back and destroyed him in loser's. I think that shows something about his adaptive ability/tryhard-ness

also vanz losing to abu doesn't detract from his good placings at most tournaments. Just means he blows vs jigglypuff

Also the only national Kels has ever attended was Pound 4, and he got 13th at that.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
The best ****ing part are all of Ps comments on that video LMFAO

Like the top 3 make him look like the worlds biggest troll or biggest fake and thats hilarious

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
actually up till recently i'd say dajuan can beat all those guys.. and still beat johnny last time they played.
Zhu is hella good, I'm betting at least even with the socal dudes or better

Anyways I am fairly confident Kels stands a good chance against SS, Zac, Pew, Johnny, Wes, and slightly less so against fly/oscar/kk. He plays very careful and with good execution, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he was able to beat half that list of people.
As of right now, I think Johnny / Oscar / Wes definitely have an edge over me / Dajuan.

I also think Kels has a better shot against Me / KK / Fly compared to Johnny / Wes just based on what I know about each person's style.

I'll definitely train up for this.

Anyone still need a teammate? Fly, Dajuan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom