• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm a pretty new Smasher and I'm by no means good (I've gone to a few fests back near my place in NJ). I'm out here in Berkeley for the summer and I've been missing out on some Smash action for a month. I have no controller with me, so I don't think I can enter the tourney, but are people playing friendlies at the tournament? Will there be any extra controllers lying around? Also, will any noobs like me be there? Even if I can't play, I may see if I can hop on the BART and make it out there.
I'm a noob! I have no problem bringing an extra controller or two either. :3

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Well Mango Juice was a 1-day tournament and it was one of the best tournaments I've ever been to, so I have faith.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I think we stayed past 9 PM though.

I didn't even know you went to Mango Juice! I never saw you. Crazy. We may not have been aware of each other's existence back then.

By the way, if we're going to have singles pools, can we have doubles pools? If there isn't time for pools for doubles, why do pools for singles? Let's do straight 3/5 bracket. That way we're guaranteed to have time for loads of friendlies (as well as legitimate commentary on hype matches without holding up the bracket).

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Note: I WILL pay for gas if you drive me! How many people will be driving from Santa Cruz?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I'm willing to bring my recording setup if folks want to get tournament matches recorded.

If I end up going.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
By the way, if we're going to have singles pools, can we have doubles pools? If there isn't time for pools for doubles, why do pools for singles? Let's do straight 3/5 bracket. That way we're guaranteed to have time for loads of friendlies (as well as legitimate commentary on hype matches without holding up the bracket).
dudesupbro.jpg

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Best way is to contact him via facebook, unfortunately. I'll talk to him about the structure though.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Probably won't have time for doubles pools.
Singles pools instead of 3/5 bracket so people get to play more people in a tournament setting.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Toph,

Since the tournament is Sunday it might work out. If our carpool decides to go we'd like to go the day before and get housing Saturday...

But we don't want to drive the 7-plus hours back home right after the tournament. The earliest we'd get home is 3 or 4, and Ben would have to drive with no sleep.

I dunno.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hmm, if I wasn't housing WA I'd volunteer to house you guys. But there are a lot of Norcal people who seem pretty hospitable, I bet you guys could get housing for sure. I'd AT LEAST look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom