• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Denti

Smash Master
Llumys can chillax. :laugh:
yea the olimar boards are dead, i barley come here anymore. only the question board and social thread are where the cool kids go.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Man, Llumys, you're acting like this is something new. The matchup thread, the video thread, the stage discussion thread, they're sure as hell not the first of their kinds.
You should know by now why people make new threads instead of bumping old ones. ^^;

Llumys

Smash Champion
I've bumped quite a few ancient threads, don't you worry. ;D

Also, don't make fun of my spam. I have my reasons. By spamming all the threads, I promoted activity in all of them!

... the originals as well.

S

smash brawl player 99021

@definitivelynotfino: OMFG, another noob

I'll probably be playing Melee, IcyDeath. The reason I'm not good at brawl is because I don't have a working Wii. >_>
You smell... Not like I actually play Oli anymore anyway. I'll juan and say I play him for B+

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Also, don't make fun of my spam. I have my reasons. By spamming all the threads, I promoted activity in all of them!
I actually completely forgot about that spamming phase you went through. XD

S

smash brawl player 99021

Not that my techskillzzz suck, I just... yeah my techskill sucks :(

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Well, I asked IcyLight. He said "Ask Fino." I asked Fino oh-so-nicely and he said something along the lines of "NEVAR!".
"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" I shouted in a most flustered tone and I am now trying to think of a new and exciting way to punish him for his insolence.
D: D'aw! I'm sorry.. I hope you can find the name of the song? Maybe post a comment and someone will reply with an answer. O:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, while this is a social thread, it'd be nice if the discussion was about Olimar every once in a while. ;/

I stopped using Olimar for a while, but used him in some matches at my last tournament. It's refreshing using other characters to see their options and figure out how I can use theirs with Oli. For example, dashing away from an opponent you're next to, then quickly dashing back towards them... often times they won't expect you to dash back so quickly so you can get away with short hopping a whistle over them and n-airing their backside.

On a side note, the MK matchup looks very doable given I can get past the d-air->tornado stuff. Having room to run back and then shield/upb is a life-saver. It seems like I can shut down a good portion of his stuff... it's just tornado being a problem. ;/

edit: Also, I'll try to get back to the interviews as well as updating the video thread.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Hrm.. the MK vs. Olimar matchup just looks so difficult. I'd love to try Oli against an MK but probably not any time soon. x-x; I'll be sticking to Game and Watch. Just I've seen so many whoopsie doos with Oli vs. Metaknight.. TT__TTv Yeah, but with practice and trying really hard I know it's doable.

Mith8

Smash Cadet
Hrm.. the MK vs. Olimar matchup just looks so difficult. I'd love to try Oli against an MK but probably not any time soon. x-x; I'll be sticking to Game and Watch. Just I've seen so many whoopsie doos with Oli vs. Metaknight.. TT__TTv Yeah, but with practice and trying really hard I know it's doable.
If im fighting someone my level, MK oli inst too hard. PRoblem is, most MK's at tourneys are above my level xD

Noa.

Smash Master
Today, as the you go higher in skill, mk:gw becomes unwinnable. If an mk is using specials against gw, hrs doing it wrong. All mk needs is ftilt, shuttle loop, and some dsmash.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Today, as the you go higher in skill, mk:gw becomes unwinnable. If an mk is using specials against gw, hrs doing it wrong. All mk needs is ftilt, shuttle loop, and some dsmash.
Uhm. Hrm. Sure, it's more than likely unwinnable. Probably not possible.. still a chance..~ But I don't find it super hard. We have a lot of the top MK players in my state. OS, M2K, Kel, etc. And yeah, I can't beat their Metaknight with GnW. But I do find it easier to play GnW against MK than Olimar against MK. Now Marth is another story. XD;

Noa.

Smash Master
Gardening? Gardening is for *******. Olimar doesn't garden, he just plucks them out of the game whenever he ****ing wants. How else can we get pikmin from metal?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Gardening? Gardening is for *******. Olimar doesn't garden, he just plucks them out of the game whenever he ****ing wants. How else can we get pikmin from metal?
Have you all never heard of hardcore gardening? It gets intense. Especially when those carrots get mad.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hrm! >__<v! I guess since I'm not a super duper doo Olimar I guess I just find it easier with GnW.. which makes sense! I've been playing GnW for over a year and Olimar for almost three weeks.
All you have to do to shut down GnW with MK is use ftilt and shuttle loop correctly, lol.

Noa.

Smash Master
I apologize Today if it seemed like I was attacking you for the way you play or criticizing you or something.

I meant it just as a warning that as you get better and better, using Oli for the mk matchup would be easier.

Top Bottom