• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Clannad - Drama/Comedy, can make you cry man-tears

Ouran Host Club - Mainly a comedy, can be REALLY funny at times but you have to put up with a lot of boring near the end

Durarara - Slice-of-life/action/comedy/whatever, the characters and story are really interesting

Excel Saga - Pure comedy, except during like... the last two episodes. The very last episode is also VERY NSFW, BTW.
You watch these!? Yo, I love all four of them!
Excel saga the most! Did you read the manga?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I started on it and got through the first seven or eight books, but kind of got sidetracked when they released another Elemental Gelade. ^^;
It seems a lot tamer than the anime, but it's just as funny.

So did you watch it dubbed or subbed? I personally cannot stand Excel's VA in the dub.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I know the dub and it was just completely terrible. My high school's anime otaku leader had to stop it and play the sub instead. I've been watching the episodes on YouTube, but I can't seem to find all of the episodes. However, the manga is what made me cry with laughter. So I'm pretty glad the school bought the volumes. ^^

Mince is the best dog.

Latch

Smash Apprentice
It might just be me, but it seems like people on smashboards are joining the herd by the thousands. So many people with pony profile pics...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Clover do me a favor a merge these posts. Posting from psp with character limit. Nevermind, ended up getting on the desktop and did it myself X:

So I've been doing a lot of thinking. And alcohol. And Iwould like to hear the olimar board's opininion on the matter. This is a girl situation that i'm turning into a smash metaphore.

Let's say you have two regions that you are able tobe in. The fist are players that youcan place first against extremely easily among. They understand why you are good but are not fully able to appreciate it, for reasons irrelevant.

:phone:

The people of this region are "easy money" and a great community. Sometimes you don't make as much as you want, but hyey ,free cash money. The people in this region have idolized you and since she was ****in eight years old. This is option number one, and the region you are currently living in.

The other option is a region you moved from a few years ago. This community is completely different. You are not given a free ride here. You are forced to work and improve yourself to keep up. However! The people in this region understand what your qualities are. They don't just like you, but everything that makes your playstyle. This region, these players, understand you. Though placing well in this region is a game you've lost several times.

So what do you do? Do you go with the the chance? The risk of failing in the region you were in in the past just because you love the challenge and love feeling understood? Or do you go with what's guaranteed? With what you know you can for sure have no matter what, based on your known abilities? Sorry to throw this in the Olimar boards. But this was something that I've had on my mind, and this metaphore came to mind. Felt it was something you all could understand, perhaps, and what better place to ask. You're my family, after all.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
To me, it would be the option you find most rewarding. It may be easy to do one, but the rewards of it and the happiness you get can out weigh the other option so much.

The choice that your heart tells you is more rewarding and what you will be a lot happier with is what I think you should go with.

kelumhi

Smash Cadet
When given two options in life, choose which ever one you will not regret.

Hindsight is 20/20. regret is a reaction to hindsight. Aim for what will allow you to be happy with the decision that is made. ;)

this was brought to you by your friendly lurker.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
But the risk of going the second option, failing, and having nothing in the end scares me. It's a circle I've been in too many times. A gamble. What does it matter what it's worth if there's the chance of it being unobtainable? Is this possibility, this atmosphere, worth discarding what I currently have?

/devil's advocate
/emo

edit: @kelumhi, well said. Though I don't know if regrets are unavoidable in this situation. That's probably why I brought this up in the first place, haha.

Dnyce

Smash Master
The people in this region have idolized you and since she was ****in eight years old.
-DEAD-
When given two options in life, choose which ever one you will not regret.

Hindsight is 20/20. regret is a reaction to hindsight. Aim for what will allow you to be happy with the decision that is made. ;)

this was brought to you by your friendly lurker.
This ***** got 10 post count and he's ****in channeling Confucius or somethin'

Mucho respect. Post moar plz :)
But the risk of going the second option, failing, and having nothing in the end scares me. It's a circle I've been in too many times. A gamble. What does it matter what it's worth if there's the chance of it being unobtainable? Is this possibility, this atmosphere, worth discarding what I currently have?

/devil's advocate
/emo

edit: @kelumhi, well said. Though I don't know if regrets are unavoidable in this situation. That's probably why I brought this up in the first place, haha.
Here's what I've learned. When something is a "gamble" the first thing you should question is the risk-reward factor... and you have to step away from all the 'what ifs' and just be very pragmatic. If you go for the other girl and she declines, there is absolutely no loss there. Don't give me this whole "being alone and having nothing is scary" thing. If you're looking for a woman to use as an emotional crutch for your problems - or w/e you meant by that - no matter who you're with, it's going to fail... or at least be a very unhealthy relationship. However, if she says yes... then you got what you want. No risk, high reward... I don't see the problem. Now, from the other side where you don't take the 'risk'... you're guaranteed regretful thoughts in the back of your head / continued doubt in similar/future situations. You lose every time.
I've noticed that the least successful people tend to avoid any failure at all costs... while the most successful/happy people in the world are veteran failures. Take "fail" out of your vocabulary and replace it with "learn" or "experience" and hopefully it'll start to change the way you think about certain 'gambles'.

***starting doing other things and forgot what else I was going to say or organize my thoughts @.@ (sorry if **** don't make sense lmao) most the stuff I talked about applies to other ****, just tried to gear it toward your situation. tired as **** so not even sure if I'm talking bout the right **** atm, lol

Latch

Smash Apprentice
Hilt, it depends on what you want to look back on. You can either have the mindset "well good thing I chose the sure thing, because I got something" or "well it's nice that I got something but what if..." If you are a "what if" type of person, you are always going to wonder about the higher risk option, and like Dnyce (or Fino, I don't even know what's going on there) said, looking at failure as a learning experience makes lots of decisions simpler.

Jane

Smash Hero
I was gonna post my input but fino wrapped it up so nicely that I don't have to do ****.

Hilt, go for the non-guaranteed one. After all, the easy one will always be there. Lol

Latch

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, I didn't even think about what Jane implied... if the guaranteed one will still be an option if the second option fails epicly, then it's not even a question. Go for the second option!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Hilt, whatever decision you make, don't regret. Life is too short to sit back and regret things. Learn from every situation like Fino said. I've been in that situation like 50715271895 times and I know how you feel. Whatever you may choose, be sure to embrace it! :) I know you'll make a good decision Hilt, you're smart!

Dnyce

Smash Master
Ayo

**** this social

forget everything I said in that last post

go for both...

then trick them into making a video for papa bear Fino.

-dip-

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Sorry, Hilt. I cleared my cache a while back and was too lazy to log back in and post about it. ^^;
Been playing Resident Evil Revelations and Tales of the Abyss 3DS when I'm not busy.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Clover do me a favor a merge these posts. Posting from psp with character limit. Nevermind, ended up getting on the desktop and did it myself X:

So I've been doing a lot of thinking. And alcohol. And Iwould like to hear the olimar board's opininion on the matter. This is a girl situation that i'm turning into a smash metaphore.

Let's say you have two regions that you are able tobe in. The fist are players that youcan place first against extremely easily among. They understand why you are good but are not fully able to appreciate it, for reasons irrelevant.

The people of this region are "easy money" and a great community. Sometimes you don't make as much as you want, but hyey ,free cash money. The people in this region have idolized you and since she was ****in eight years old. This is option number one, and the region you are currently living in.

The other option is a region you moved from a few years ago. This community is completely different. You are not given a free ride here. You are forced to work and improve yourself to keep up. However! The people in this region understand what your qualities are. They don't just like you, but everything that makes your playstyle. This region, these players, understand you. Though placing well in this region is a game you've lost several times.

So what do you do? Do you go with the the chance? The risk of failing in the region you were in in the past just because you love the challenge and love feeling understood? Or do you go with what's guaranteed? With what you know you can for sure have no matter what, based on your known abilities? Sorry to throw this in the Olimar boards. But this was something that I've had on my mind, and this metaphore came to mind. Felt it was something you all could understand, perhaps, and what better place to ask. You're my family, after all.
first thing first, if you can get that video that fino was talking about, there's your ticket.

now, with the region that is harder to win in, just go over there and say "do i have any chance of winning?"

if no one wants to let you win, then ask if it's possible that with enough practice, if you can win.

if they say it is possible if you get better and ****, decide if you want to get "better". I for one don't mind being at my current skill level, so i wouldnt go into a region that makes me get better to get anywhere.

if you want to get better, and you have a chance of winning by doing so, go to the new region.

if you have no chance, or if you like your current skill level, hang out with your old friends and take their money, cause they're your *****es.

Top Bottom