• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Turazrok

Smash Master
:/ Geddan is the new 2nd best olimar, as the last standing bastion of pink boots.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
DTilt's always my surprise attack - for both the opponent and me :) I don't know why I don't use it more, but when my mind makes a split decision too it almost always turns out well for me.

Who here's played Tactics? I've never finished it so I picked it back up, such a great game :)

Also: wtf is up with AiB? Is anyone else having problems? Ever since I started playing again (i took a couple weeks off) there are just times where i can't get the site to load, in any browser. I've never used wifi at my house, so maybe that's it, so is this just me or is the site just nuts?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i played lain over and over and over and over again before mlg

he said i was better at the MU than PS

i try to grab them first and dthrow cuz it has a hitbox

also, it does work to sit on top of the platforms and wait until the timing is perfect to nair\dair\fair, and once they're seperated keep them that way until both of them are dead, just like they do to you with the cg's
did he show you the vid of me tripping and losing to him when he told you XD (btw, i beat him a week ago)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah I keep up with it Rich. I was a bit confused near the end of the episode but then I thought about it for a bit and it all made sense, haha. Thought it was a good ending to a great show.

Geddan

Smash Ace
so my question is, is it worth it to spend the 6 days or so it takes to watch the entire series? i never bothered watching it since i was already too far behind to know what was going on when i did happen to see a random episode here or there.

btw, if you come to the Hawaii Smash Invitational, you can see a lot of the same locations where lost was filmed. :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Altogether there's about 80-90 hours to watch for the whole series, and if you don't watch it from the beginning, you really can't (or won't lol) enjoy the show, which is why so many people hate it/say it's bad XD. It's really confusing and it plays off of suspense (both of which are important, haha), so watching it all at once in a week wouldn't be the same. If you do decide to watch it, I'd suggest spreading it over the course of a month or two, since there are 120 episodes (lol). But if you actually sit down and watch it, and don't stop when it starts to get confusing, it's a great show. The character development is amazing and I like confusing story lines XD.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so if anyone wants to watch, there are vids of me vs m2k, chibo, lain, and ninjalink from a lil over a week ago

@today
sorry i haven't been on aim recently... but the interview probably won't happen until after mlg, i've been practicing a lot to make up for the controller switch

Denti

Smash Master
so if anyone wants to watch, there are vids of me vs m2k, chibo, lain, and ninjalink from a lil over a week ago

@today
sorry i haven't been on aim recently... but the interview probably won't happen until after mlg, i've been practicing a lot to make up for the controller switch
I watched those videos, nice stuff. against m2k, you should know you can whistle the last hit of his nado and punish him.

Denti

Smash Master
theres actually a little secret though to doing that 95% of olimars don't (and probably won't ever) know ;1
whats your secret dabuz? I do know if they dont raise the nado you cant whistle it. I also generally punish with jab cuz it's our quickest move and sets us up for a combo or just gets the MK out of our face. I'm eager to hear this :D

edit: wait! would it be our incomplete nair to combo? sounds like it would work

RichBrown

Smash Master
I can't stand it when people do that

"Oh I know blah blah blah and no one else knows it look at me this knowledge puts me above you guys"

Dabuz you're awesome but help some brothers out!

Turazrok

Smash Master
I return. Also I'm 2nd best oli again. Rich and Logic use the wrong colors >_>.

Laem

Smash Champion
Same for me, but unlike ToKneeOrNotToKnee, i have something to say:

Olimar is a gimmick.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Random question of the day: what was your favorite ever victory kill? Mine was landing a throw > dair spike on a guy with 10% damage or so :)

Jane

Smash Hero
gimmick [ˈgɪmɪk]
n
1. something designed to attract extra attention, interest, or publicity
2. any clever device, gadget, or stratagem, esp one used to deceive

sounds like oli to me :)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Pink Boots is played out. Old. Outdated. Last month's turkey on this month's bread.

If you want to be sensational in this town, you need to switch to silver, kid.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why does no one play in the green suit? Green's my favorite color so I most often choose that suit, but it seems like no one else pays it any attention :/

RichBrown

Smash Master
I think purple gimps are one of the most satisfying kills for Olimar, especially when you hit them out of their double jump. You can feel their shame. Can't go wrong with an UpB kill and they DI really bad.

Fully charging a purple and having them run into it is funny too

One time against M!kehaze I was at 130ish and he was only at 70, last stock, and I ran up to him and charged a purple, but I let it go before it was fully charged, and somehow it connected and he died :p

Holy diicks next week at this time I'll be on a plane to Columbus :o

Top Bottom