• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
When I say metagame is dead I use very pure phrasing. I mean exactly what vocal says, but I think I'm just being annoying. Sorry guys, I hope y'all still know I <3 your (especially Hilt and vocal, they my :yeahboi:)

:awesome:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Olimar's whistle is the future of his metagame.
No it isn't, it's the past
As long as Oli has his rainbow whistle he still high tier.

I heard Black Swan was good.
Without whistle Olimar would be bottom tier no doubt. Probably right above Jigglypuff, and maybe even that's being generous. Srsly, he'd get gimped SO much it wouldn't even be funny...heh heh
Olimar's metagame is anything but dead.
THANK you.
Tron Legacy was bad. Not horrible, but there's not much going for it apart from it being visually arresting.

The three best movies of the year are Inception, The Social Network, and Black Swan. Each the work of masterful directors and a must see. Out of those either The Social Network or Black Swan is probably the best. Personally for me I found Black Swan to be my most favorite.
Spot on for Tron
exactly how i felt about avatar. i actually kind of liked tron, it wasn't bad but yeah it wasn't great either. avatar was just a sorry excuse for cg and action though
Was it here that I said this? The two have a lot in common conceptually to me: weak story, amazing graphics.
I have no free will.
When the title says to do it you have no choice.
When I say metagame is dead I use very pure phrasing. I mean exactly what vocal says, but I think I'm just being annoying. Sorry guys, I hope y'all still know I <3 your (especially Hilt and vocal, they my :yeahboi:)

:awesome:
Well don't think about it that way - it's the winter. People have school and work and all that busy stuff; that's the reason I'm not posting crazed revolutions about new strategies at 4 am in the morning.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
tron's story wasn't amazing, but it kept you interested for the whole movie, avatar's was just "here's some indians lets take their crap ok" then you see them walk around for a while. tron had enough of a story that it was ok. it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i rarely look up events. this is because when i do, i end up checking all the old ones i miss, then rage hardcorestyle about all of the legendary pokemon i didnt get.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Yeah you can hack in the events to all the ones you missed.

Like the Time Traveling Celebi, that was only released in Japan you can hack that event. Also the Make a Wish Jirichi can be hacked, along with the different colored Pikachu.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
2 reasons i dont hack

1) cbf to get an AR and make it work
2) having an unhacked game feelsgoodman.

what are you talking about, dan?

oh, all i did was add a bunch of spaces. i didnt know it completely took them out. never quoted my own posts like that. my bad, bro.

Noa.

Smash Master
Spoilers for Avatar and Tron Legacy ahead if you care.

How can you consider Avatar better than Tron Legacy? Are you being ridiculous?

Lets compare them side by side.

In terms of visuals, Tron is incredibly stylistic and "cool." But Avatar's CGI is far superior to what's in Tron. Plus there is a larger variety of environments in Avatar compared to Tron. You see the beatiful planet of Pandora at night and day, at the peaks of mountains and at the forest floor. The Grid does have a variety of different situations but they all hold the same kind of atmosphere of modern, emotionless, cold metal. And Avatar is really just more damn beautiful and believable. The technology they used to make Jeff Bridges look younger for CLU and the intro looked very odd and was obviously off.

Okie dokie acting. I'll be the first to say that the acting in Avatar wasn't exactly superb. But even Sam Worthington does fine, and they have the splendid Zoe Saldana whose performance was quite impressive. In Tron Legacy all the performances are boring. Garrett Hedlund has no memorable lines. I never feel emotionally committed to his actions or fate. Jeff Bridges just went auto pilot in this film, and Olivia Wilde while cute could not show much acting due to her poor writing.

And now the plot. Yes, Avatar's plot was incredibly trite and predictable. There are plenty of stock characters and obvious setups. Doesn't mean the plot wasn't effective though. When the huge Avatar tree is burned down to the ground a great emotional reaction is demanded. Zoe's performance here over emphasizes this with her screaming out and the sadness in her eyes as her home is completely destroyed. There's no commitment like that in Tron. There's not emotional connection with any of the characters, and that's cause none of the characters have emotion. Another huge problem with the plot of Tron is that multiple things are mentioned but not explained. How well the ISOs change the world? Yes they can cure cancer and stop aging and blah blah blah but it's never explained how or why that happens. The same occurs with the threat of CLU. CLU's plan the whole movie is to invade the real world. This will obviously cause the destruction of civilization as we know it... how? CLU and 1000 men carrying sticks are teleported to Flynn's arcade. What do they do from there? Do you really expect the USA to be taked down by an army of people holding sticks? There are no identity discs in the real world. Nor vehicles that appear out of no where. It's really an empty threat. The military in Avatar is quite a real threat, and they actually do damage the stability of the heroes.

Soundtrack goes to Tron no contest.

Pero yeah, Tron is bad, Avatar is good.

And no Scott Pilgrim is not as good as the Social Network. Not at all.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Avatar was 3 hours of the best audio and visual 3D orgasm Hollywood could muster. The story blew, but it was still worth it to see Avatar. Audio/Visual is as much of an art form as the movie itself, so just ignore the words and pretend you went to a 3 hour concert with special effects like a laser show or something.

Top Bottom