• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Other M did infact have too many supporting characters, as MANTHONY would be the only one really needed. ;) Although it was kinda nice to finally know who Adam was as well. I also liked the fight with Nightmare, though not as much as in Fusion (where he looked more intimidating actually). But I think I'm long overdue of playing Super Metroid, so am probably gonna do that.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeyy i went from page 420 to here!

This is my fav thread lol.

Hmm the fire emblem raging was very entertaining to read combined with cheese and onion crisp and cherry coke.

Also the pokeGen Revelant Face thing was cool i was playing pokemon stadium when reading that lol you only gotta press 2 buttons in pokemon stadium.

Someone said they need to make a stadium3 i couldnt agree more that would = instant buy for me but they probly dumb it down to easy mode..because we all know how hard and cheaters the CPU was a big reason stadium is popular.

Its challenging.

Urr..yh...what else..Mew2 4 Sm4sh. lololol

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Last year, before E3, we were discussing ways we could -possibly- see a Smash trailer despite its development just beginning (such as that the Melee trailer was made in a few months, so this one could be too). Now, a year later, I think we'd be hard-pressed to find reasons a Smash trailer -wouldn't- be shown.

There is no way we will not see a trailer this E3. Not only should Sakurai have something to show by now, but Nintendo, as a whole, needs something to show for to reassure consumers that the Wii U is a worthy investment. Sony and Microsoft are about to unveil their new consoles, and Nintendo is in a position to really suffer a major setback if they cannot convince people to bother with the Wii U. Nintendo needs to do two things: they need to take this E3 seriously and show what fans expect them to show, and not focus on third party partnerships. Nintendo isn't going to win with third party exclusives alone, because Sony and Microsoft will beat them every time. Rather, Nintendo needs to show off their exclusives like the Super Smash Bros, the Mario's, the Zelda's, the Mario Kart's; whatever it is Nintendo has to show for right now. By now there should be something. Nintendo doesn't need to win E3, but they need to keep attention on the Wii U. Right now, they aren't doing that.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There is no way we will not see a trailer this E3. Not only should Sakurai have something to show by now, but Nintendo, as a whole, needs something to show for to reassure consumers that the Wii U is a worthy investment. Sony and Microsoft are about to unveil their new consoles, and Nintendo is in a position to really suffer a major setback if they cannot convince people to bother with the Wii U. Nintendo needs to do two things: they need to take this E3 seriously and show what fans expect them to show, and not focus on third party partnerships. Nintendo isn't going to win with third party exclusives alone, because Sony and Microsoft will beat them every time. Rather, Nintendo needs to show off their exclusives like the Super Smash Bros, the Mario's, the Zelda's, the Mario Kart's; whatever it is Nintendo has to show for right now. By now there should be something. Nintendo doesn't need to win E3, but they need to keep attention on the Wii U. Right now, they aren't doing that.

I a billion/ Agree.

D

Deleted member

What about Wario Land 4 and Donkey Kong Country Returns?
WL4 didn't have Mr. Game & Watch, that was a transformation by Princess Shokora (the one you inadvertedly save at the end).
As for DKCR, it is impossible to tell whether or not that's Mr. Game & Watch or just a generic denizen of the Superflat World (given that he is based off of them).
G&WG4 actually refers to the character as "Mr. Game & Watch".

Anyway, a bit of a throwback to Snake.

How come he never got his infamous catchphrase in Smash Brawl? If he comes back he better have it as either a taunt, or a Victory Phrase.

For those of you who don't know:
He says it when you first see him in the SSE (though it is hard to hear) and will sometimes say it during his stage intro.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One things for sure, the first trailer for Super Smash Bros. 4 has to make a big impression in order for people to go out and get a Wii U. No sugar coating, I'm talking straight up in your face excitement from point A to point B. At this point a brief teaser like Brawl's first trailer won't cut it, the first trailer should fill us up with plenty of meat to go around.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One things for sure, the first trailer for Super Smash Bros. 4 has to make a big impression in order for people to go out and get a Wii U. No sugar coating, I'm talking straight up in your face excitement from point A to point B. At this point a brief teaser like Brawl's first trailer won't cut it, the first trailer should fill us up with plenty of meat to go around.
Brawl's trailer was effective at it's job. Believe me, it sold my family on a Wii at the time. When it comes to Super Smash Bros, Nintendo doesn't really need to do much to get people excited. Seriously, look around. For the past year and a half we've all been talking about a game that has not even been revealed yet.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
While Super Smash Bros. as a brand is potent, having a lot more detail then a brief CGI trailer would still be better regardless of how things are viewed at. At least something reminiscent to Melee's first trailer, where we can get an understanding of varies things like stages and characters.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While Super Smash Bros. as a brand is potent, having a lot more detail then a brief CGI trailer would still be better regardless of how things are viewed at. At least something reminiscent to Melee's first trailer, where we can get an understanding of varies things like stages and characters.
Melee's trailer had no gameplay before the second one. Brawl's trailer simply melded the two together.

D

Deleted member

I'll have to side with Starphoenix here.

At this rate, any major confirmed Smash details will bring massive hype to the game and the Wii U and character reveals are at the top of the list for bringing hype. Something akin to Brawl's trailer is all that we need, thought since Smash 4 has been in development for much longer than Brawl's release before its unveil, more can be expected.

I just hope that E3 2013 is actually good. If it does along with the Smash 4 trailer, I will stop following modern video games. Thankfully, Smash 4's trailer should be great, so I'm not particularly worried about that happening.

As for hopes for 2013 unveils, I am hoping for some of the following:
- A new Mega Man game (hey, I can always dream)
- Star Fox
- F-zero
- Custom Robo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
the E3 2013 SSB4 trailer will definitely increase the hype. It was already stated many times in these boards, but I will state it again: by the time E3 2013 arrives, SSB4 will already be further in development than Brawl was during its reveal. Not only that, but the fact that's being developed by a larger development team that also has experience in this genre of game.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They are going to need to put Megaman in the trailer if they are going to want to build as much hype as the first trailer did with Snake.

I know it may be a hopeless distant dream, but i'm hoping for an online BETA in the back of my mind

*sets body up for disappointment*

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mega Man would probably be a surprise announcement at the end of the trailer in a vein to Snake, but probably in greater detail in a vein to Sonic.

Of course this is presuming that we'll even get Mega Man.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
As for hopes for 2013 unveils, I am hoping for some of the following:
- A new Mega Man game (hey, I can always dream)
- Star Fox
- F-zero
- Custom Robo
YES. PLEASE YES.

These series definitely need new games, I'd like to see Golden Sun along with these games.

Any reveal will hype people. Any amount. I'm thinking to get a bigger hype have something similar to Brawl with 3-5 newcomers revealed, a third party and then something with confirming Mewtwo's return. I was thinking the story could be about him getting revenge for being cut. just a thought. Roy would be a villain for the same reason, but being the hero he is would turn against Mewtwo towards the end

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They are going to need to put Megaman in the trailer if they are going to want to build as much hype as the first trailer did with Snake.
Mega Man would probably be a surprise announcement at the end of the trailer in a vein to Snake, but probably in greater detail in a vein to Sonic.
Had Capcom not cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 for 3DS, and Mega Man's chances would be much better than what they are...

This is just my opinion, though...

Also, Mewtwo and/or Roy's returns would cause great rejoicing.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
what are the chances that Nintendo will have a playable demo ready for E3? not too likey?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
what are the chances that Nintendo will have a playable demo ready for E3? not too likey?
I'd say considering the game would probably still be more than a year away, the chances aren't too likely, also considering that Sakurai doesn't really like to show his games (and definitely not have demos of them) until the games are close to completion (though he always gets pressured to show something :awesome::laugh:). Who knows though, by E3 SSB4 will have been in development longer than Melee and Brawl when they were first shown, so it could be a possibility, though probably not very likely (and the demo would be super limited).

Either way, it's probably reasonable to expect some gameplay being displayed, either in the trailer, or some other way. It's been in development long enough to have something more than CGI to be shown, even Brawl's trailer did.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I'd say considering the game would probably still be more than a year away, the chances aren't too likely, also considering that Sakurai doesn't really like to show his games (and definitely not have demos of them) until the games are close to completion (though he always gets pressured to show something :awesome::laugh:). Who knows though, by E3 SSB4 will have been in development longer than Melee and Brawl when they were first shown, so it could be a possibility, though probably not very likely (and the demo would be super limited).

Either way, it's probably reasonable to expect some gameplay being displayed, either in the trailer, or some other way. It's been in development long enough to have something more than CGI to be shown, even Brawl's trailer did.
Thats more along the lines of what im expecting out of E3. im sure that no matter what amount of Smash4 is shown i'll **** bricks lol. like others have said before, its doesnt seem to take much to get people hyped for Smash!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The latest Pokemon news:

NintendoAmerica Join fans around the world tmrw for the 1st Nintendo Direct of 2013. Mr. Iwata will share a short message w/ Pokémon news @ 6 AM EST!

IWATA! Worldwide announcement! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

GoNintendo had a rumor up that it'll be a "half-generation" game called "Rainbow", which will basically be a bigger version of Pokemon Yellow but with FOUR regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh) plus about 20 new Pokemon. I HIGHLY doubt this rumor, especially because doing a multi-region beyond maybe, like, two regions, would be really hard to do...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The multiple region thing is false, let's just get that out of the way before everyone jumps onto the path to disappointment.

So, Iwata is involved with something related to Pokemon?

...NEW BANANA POKEMON CONFIRMED, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS! :troll:

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The multiple region thing is false, let's just get that out of the way before everyone jumps onto the path to disappointment.

So, Iwata is involved with something related to Pokemon?

...NEW BANANA POKEMON CONFIRMED, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS! :troll:

Given the fact there are at least five lines of Monkey or Ape pokemon I can think of off the top of my head, I think any such banana pokemon would be in great danger. :troll:

Also, I totally agree tat the multi-region this is false, ESPECIALLY having that many regions. After the first roughly two-and-a-half regions you'd have basically everybody at level 100 even if you had done only minimal grinding, and so the entire game would either be broken or would require way too much suspension of disbelief (like seeing the first gym in Sinnoh with level 96 pokemon, or coming across Patrats or Zigzagoons in the 80s).

However, I could see, maybe, MAYBE, there being a smaller multi-region game. Like, I dunno, maybe a region connected to Unova (maybe the Pokemon-World version of Boston or Philadelphia).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Attention, passengers, the Hype Train will arrive tomorrow, January 8th, 2013 at 11 o'clock AM, Greenwich Meridian Time. Make sure you have all your expectations high or you'll be refused entry.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if that announcement means Gen VI, expect the number of Pokémon hit the 800 mark or getting close to it, seeing as we currently have 649.

now what kind of surprise have they in stock for us tomorrow?

and I've posted 800 posts here... hmm...

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I have a feeling regardless of what the announcement is, it will not have much of an impact on Smash4

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I have a feeling regardless of what the announcement is, it will not have much of an impact on Smash4

That's not necessarily true. If there IS a Gen VI reveal and the "mascot" of the gen is some sort of humanoid Pokemon, I'd imagine that there would be a legitimate chance of it making the roster. Regardless, I don't think that's going to happen at all, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

yani

Smash Lord
That's not necessarily true. If there IS a Gen VI reveal and the "mascot" of the gen is some sort of humanoid Pokemon, I'd imagine that there would be a legitimate chance of it making the roster. Regardless, I don't think that's going to happen at all, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Spot on Hoots! Spot on.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Not sure if this hints anything but yet its interesting:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/287940481814523905

Oh, they are either way-too-foreshadowing this or deliberately trolling us.

Also, I think it's safe to say that if there's a Gen 6, it WILL affect Smash. I mean, at the VERY LEAST, you got to think that some G6 PKMN would show up in Pokeballs, and if they reveal a "Lucario/Zoroark" type of bipedal badass Pokemon, there will probably be a chance that they could be a playable character.

I think if a Gen 6 is revealed, it wouldn't hurt a Gen 5 characters chance of getting in.

Pikachu and Jigglypuff will stay. Original 12, it is obvious.

The Pokemon Trainer Red would most likely be switched out for Gold since of the 2nd Gen Remakes, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Lucario would be replaced by a 5th Gen, like Zoroark.

Then chances are the roster would be boosted up to 5, leaving one more spot. That spot could be used for a 6th Gen (if it is revealed in time), 3rd Gen (if a remake is revealed in time), a possible other 5th Gen, or a Side Game Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom