• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 !! November 17-18 ! Road to Apex! NEW VENUE! Streamed by VGBootCamp!!

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
HMMM the last time i remember being embarrassed for this community was when they started singing the pokemon theme song at pound 5, but this takes the cake

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I lost so much respect for Unknown and Kirbykaze. Way to rep Canada.

Why not divide up the money to Eggm, Hax, Chillin, and maybe DJ and Scar too? Splitting is so disgusting in competitive anything.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 102 (52 members and 50 guests)
1000g2g3g4g800999, Idea, Roneblaster, JTsm, bertbusdriver, SacaSuMoto, AppleAppleAZ, philbobjoe, Grabougla, Bieber, NeoZ, bloodxbit, MattDotZeb, Dre the Ace, God with a Wavebird, Atlus8, AlienAllen, AllyKnight, TKD+ITA+Mar=, alcheato, BetaBahamut, Tarv, PGH Carroll, unknown522, don_metaknight, overclockd, Mr. Happy :), KTSM, th0rn, Stratford, Mahone, dkuo, Arcadia157, the green baron, Jagoffian, Calvo819, np4944, randomsaint, Juke, Captain Smuckers, Kaizer, Fizzi, JustBlind, unreon, pikmin.org, Engo, KoRoBeNiKi, Muro

dkuo

Smash Lord
How unfortunate.

Props to Alukard and the TO's for running a fun tournament that was unfortunately botched right at the very end - being ignorant of the circumstances, RoM 5 was a great experience.

I'll be posting shoutouts in the results thread, but it's good to be seeing people again.

Sol

Smash Lord
Alukard has held successful ROM's before. It's not his fault the players were *****es. The fail boat may have set sail, but we can learn from this ****. GG's to everyone I played anyways. also #newvenuecurse

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
too bad ROM5 was the ****tiest tournament I have ever seen due to the players ****ing it up.
You're going to call a tournament **** due to the actions of three players? Everything else was fine. Calm your ****, Ally.

Next time don't give em any money Alukard, this is hurting your REP and everything. **** this tournament waste of my time
Alukard's rep is fine. He didn't do anything wrong and it was clearly the players who chose to put on a poor show. However, I should say again that the stream and all of the rest of the tournament were fine

Lot of poor actions in this tournament.
watchu talkin bout
Responses in bold.
Anyone who says that this tournament wasn't a good tournament is wrong. The majority of it went smoothly and this tournament was an overall success. I see a lot of people acting like a few bad matches made this tournament some sort of cancer. Calm your ****ing ****.

EDIT: Unknown and KK just wanted to go home. That's why they wanted to split and that's why they agreed to split. It is wrong, but undeniably they were salty because GIMR was forcing them to play a match that they play all of the time.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
At least the top 4 are still legit. Props to Hax and the rest of em for making the tournament fun to watch.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
because m2k is one of the best player he gets allowed all this bull**** and kills the community.

if he got banned from apex at least for melee singles along with kk and unknown it would be a step in the right direction.

all these warm ups, extra time in the middle of sets, ignoring the rules... :mad:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
The actions of a few can ruin an entire endeavor, Wretched. Don't be daft.

(not referring to you) I like how someone could say that APEX GF was ruined because the hype was killed by Puff/YL. That can be argued. This tournament's conclusion could not. 3/10, this left a bad taste in my mouth.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The end of this tournament so perfectly highlights why Melee will never grow and why everyone else thinks it's a horrible joke
This random guy is right

First off, before I begin. This is Revival of Melee 5, the 5th tournament in an AMAZING series that has had great moments (Kage vs. Mango, M2K vs. Shiz, Dr. PeePee the entire tournament.) This isn't some local where you can screw around. This was a national and you guys messed up an amazing tournament otherwise.

Honesty guys. 3 people in the crowd standing and watching the GF's, a few sitting?
Winner's finals was a bunch of random characters?
Loser's finals was basically given up?
Unknown never used his main in grand finals?
Top 3 split, entirely?

And this happened at a NATIONAL?

To you guys specifically, Mew2King, Unknown522, KirbyKaze.

M2K: You have been playing this game for ages. I think that it is impossible that you didn't know DSR and that you didn't read the rules for this specific event. That that there was that big an argument before you played Hax and before the redone 5th game was bull****. On another note, get a new f***ing controller. Bothering to do controller checks, is stupid and should not take 2-4 minutes every time. You also even did button checks between games in a set? Are you serious? Do it for 30 seconds, then restart. Thanks for taking so much time and then splitting like a *** afterwards anyway. If you don't care about this game as you have noted 50,000 times before, go do something else and stop ruining an experience that the majority of the rest of the community has.

Unknown: You had a reasoning to do what you did with M2K in Winner's. That was right. I do not mind people splitting if they are subtle. Use your main so at least there is some hype and it makes it so collusion isn't obvious. This was the most obvious splitting since some brawl tournaments a while ago (and those were LOCALS.)

KirbyKaze. I am still not sure if you were actually in collusion with them. If not, sorry. If yes, then read everything and this: I do not mind splitting as said before. Same commentary as with Unknown.

I feel bad for Alucard and others for hosting this amazing event and having this bull**** happen as well as the commentators for trying to give hype to something that should not have happened.

For the record, I do not care if I get an infraction for this post. I am saying what the majority of the rest of the people are probably thinking. KoRo out.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Responses in bold.
Anyone who says that this tournament wasn't a good tournament is wrong. The majority of it went smoothly and this tournament was an overall success. I see a lot of people acting like a few bad matches made this tournament some sort of cancer. Calm your ****ing ****.

EDIT: Unknown and KK just wanted to go home. That's why they wanted to split and that's why they agreed to split. It is wrong, but undeniably they were salty because GIMR was forcing them to play a match that they play all of the time.
Not gonna respond. had enough from stream. Stay mad. :awesome:

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm still not sure what happened, but I can do my best from what I heard on the stream!

- Alukard changed the bracket so Winner's-semis had a Canadian player vs a U.S player on both sides!

- M2K used the DSR Modified rule when this tournament is using the Standard DSR rule! M2K won the Winners-Semi finals match against Unknown, but Alukard had them replay the last match on a different stage!

- The "button check" before the start of the matches!

phish-it

Smash Champion
So it looks like when Nationals make it to the 5th installment bad things happen.

First Pound 5, then Rom 5.... FC was successful useing weird incremements; it avoided the number 5 curse.

Looks like we've got one more Apex before the downfall, enjoy it kids.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
So it looks like when Nationals make it to the 5th installment bad things happen.

First Pound 5, then Rom 5.... FC was successful useing weird incremements; it avoided the number 5 curse.

Looks like we've got one more Apex before the downfall, enjoy it kids.
good lord...the prophecy of 5 extends to tourneys as well?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero