• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling around at the speed of sound

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
What comes up, must come down!

Back in Melee I could wave dash pretty well. I never got SHFFLing down though. XD

I only learned the techs just for the heck of it since I rarely had anyone to play. And the ones I do are all scrubs. (even now lol)

Down throw to Knee was the most epic thing in smash before SHAWNIK came along imo.:chuckle:

I only use the airial spin shot with Sonic. I can do b reversals with Sonic but haven't found a time to implement them in a real match yet. I haven't tried foxtrotting or grinding either. I still kill myself in wifi lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
hay sup i dun reid thred llz

i have problems doing the down dodge.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't get it either, but I just go with it.

Also you need to be given :093: privileges to post :093:.

:093:

lil cj

Smash Lord
The Lucas mains need something like this...lol
(sorry for copying yall...but you Sonic mains are just too cool):)

:038:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The Ness' have Hyper-Ness, I'm already jealous because their dolls spin around.

Oh and Haunter is just yet another Sonic meme, like Steak, we just use Haunter to fill the void that we don't have a Steak icon to post.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Did someone namedrop Hyper Ness?

Also, lil cj, as much I like teh Shawnik mains as well, we oughtn't copy their Pokeymanz. It's theirs by divine right.

As for technincal skill, I have none. The closest thing is B-Sticking with Sonic, I find that I can run up to opponents and do a Back Air a little faster than with RAR...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yep, that's it.

Just make sure if you're going to copy our pokeymanz, you don't use the copyrighted Haunter without Boxob's permission. Otherwise all other pokeymanz are yours to use.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Mainly, if you see Haunter, then it's guaranteed they're in the SBR.

Because I'm unaware of anybody outside the SBR that uses Haunter, unless they're some random person.

Rollin' around at the speed of sound!

Got places to go, gotta' follow my rainbow

Can't stick around gotta keep movin' on

Cause what lies what ahead only one way to find it!!!

Must keep on moving ahead!

No time for guessing follow my plan instead!

Just stealing what you can't see!

Take my hand, i'll set you free!!

Follow Me!

Set me free!

Trust me and we will escape from the city.

I'll make it through.

Follow me!

Set me free!

Trust me and we will escape from the city!

I'll make it through, prove it to you!!

FOLLOW ME!!!

OH YEAH!!!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I just want to get a general idea of how technically skilled some of you guys are.

I find none of the techniques in Brawl difficult to perform, even Yoshi's Dragonic Reverse (Seriously, worst name for a tech ever) isn't too hard. But I know that others may find that simple things like spinshots or ASC difficult to do.

When I saw the above quote, it made me realize a lot of brawl players weren't conditioned from Melee's crackwhore speeds. Additionally, I lol'd pretty hard.

Lastly, I would like to state that this is meant to be a legitimate topic, and not a spam fest, get this locked, get me infracted, and I'll see that all your steak is taken away.

You never once actually asked a question anywhere in this opening post, which is counterproductive to gathering information in a legitimate topic. (I'm also wondering how you got so many posts in less than a month, but Brinboy I believe holds the record on that in far excess so whatever). I have trouble doing some ATs because I am of the personal opinion that most of them are gimmicky mindgames for most characters. If I feel I can gain a true strategic advantage, I might put forth the effort to care, but I do just fine in tournament without any real practice as it is. I also think the term AT has become pretty loose these days. Also, Follow Me is my favorite track in Adventure 2 and is the only reason I actually clicked on this topic.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Yep, that's it.

Just make sure if you're going to copy our pokeymanz, you don't use the copyrighted Haunter without Boxob's permission. Otherwise all other pokeymanz are yours to use.

I can gives teh_permission too.

I've given it a couple of times already.

I believe it's Me, ROOOOY!, KID, Blarfenzo, and Tenki who can give Haunter rights.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I can ASC, Spinshot, whatever that superdodge is, etc.

I don't know how to make the most out of DI, or even really if I'm doing it right. I've been pressing down towards the stage angled towards my opponent whenever I get hit hard, and I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

I can't do foxtrot/dash dance competitively

I can do all of Sonic's specific techs, but they're pretty easy =/
I could wavedash in melee but couldn't [read: didn't try] foxtrot/waveshine

Tenki

Smash Hero
I can ASC, Spinshot, whatever that superdodge is, etc.

I don't know how to make the most out of DI, or even really if I'm doing it right. I've been pressing down towards the stage angled towards my opponent whenever I get hit hard, and I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.
...no not really.

most attacks send you flying up and away from the stage.

If you're holding upwards when the attack connects, it will mean that the move will send you less horizontally and it will give you more room to float down and possibly 'tilt' the trajectory so you spend more time flying towards the corner of the screen (more space to float/regain control) than if you didn't DI.

If you're holding downwards, it will 'tilt' the trajectory so it launches lower and stronger horizontally. For most characters, this means it'll be easier to gimp them. Most of the time, it also means that they'll die faster because of the more "pure" horizontal knockback.

That's not to say that downwards DI is always bad. If you DI downwards from a more horizontal move, you can tilt the trajectory to send you into the floor and you can tech the floor, or floor bounce and escape hitstun immediately. If someone's juggling you, then hold downwards and it'll "increase" the horizontal knockback so they'll have to work a little harder to chase you (you know, why juggling at higher %'s is usually harder to do?)

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
None of the techs are particularly difficult for me, mainly just the DACUsmash with characters I don't really use. It's mostly beginning to incorporate the techs that I have problems with...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
As deep as Brawl is, there are still perhaps some things that still need to be discovered.

We still have to find out how we can make USmash spike at will. That would be too cool if we could manipulate that, because I know myself it is doable on at least Olimar.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
:013: > :093:

I don 't care about Haunter.

:013:
I do. Someone give me Haunter priveleges plz.

After seeing Peach's Bair Lock, I think there's a lot out there for us to discover yet... We've even found something with Ness/Lucas in Pokemon Stadium 2 recently, so I have faith that there's still stuff to be found.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
AFAIK, it's caused by a lot of things, but that's why I'm saying if we could extensively test this Steak out, we would get Sonic highly boosted by that alone.

I just remembered it's also doable on the Falcon.

Adding insult to injury, I say.

Olimar was also easy to gimp in terms of Sonic gimping, doing this just makes it all way too easy.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
...no not really.

most attacks send you flying up and away from the stage.

If you're holding upwards when the attack connects, it will mean that the move will send you less horizontally and it will give you more room to float down and possibly 'tilt' the trajectory so you spend more time flying towards the corner of the screen (more space to float/regain control) than if you didn't DI.

If you're holding downwards, it will 'tilt' the trajectory so it launches lower and stronger horizontally. For most characters, this means it'll be easier to gimp them. Most of the time, it also means that they'll die faster because of the more "pure" horizontal knockback.

That's not to say that downwards DI is always bad. If you DI downwards from a more horizontal move, you can tilt the trajectory to send you into the floor and you can tech the floor, or floor bounce and escape hitstun immediately. If someone's juggling you, then hold downwards and it'll "increase" the horizontal knockback so they'll have to work a little harder to chase you (you know, why juggling at higher %'s is usually harder to do?)
Oh wow that explains alot. So basically:
Hold Down -> ^% of surviving/breaking from a vertical-based trajectory attack
Hold Up -> ^% of surviving from a Fsmash or something

infomon

Smash Scientist
liek... it depends. If you're hit by an attack that sends you straight upwards, down-DI does nothing. You can hold anywhere between upwards (no DI) to flat horizontal (most impact from the DI; it will change your vertical trajectory to a diagonal one).

Most ppl try and DI in the opposite direction of the attack, but that does nothing >.>

If an attack sends you at a 45degree angle, you can DI up to go higher but less far horizontally, or you can DI down to go lower but farther horizontally. It's a tradeoff you need to make; depending on your position, try to send yourself in a direction toward the stage corner, which will give you the most distance you can travel without hitting the killzone.

Hope that helps...

Top Bottom