• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling around at the speed of sound

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
He's The Fastest Thing Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

I noticed while playing Guilty Gear that mots of my muscle memory is intact. Its pretty awesome when you pull off the infinite with Baiken on potemkin.
I noticed cannot airdash on the ground though =(

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
for every game of Brawl I play I play 20 melee matches

usually consisting of my Multi-shining/Pillaring Failco or mad SFFFLing Falcon

not too good compared to melee pro's but I can still do some stuff...................mind you I have not mastered these techniques completely yet

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
for every game of Brawl I play I play 20 melee matches

usually consisting of my Multi-shining/Pillaring Failco or mad SFFFLing Falcon

not too good compared to melee pro's but I can still do some stuff...................mind you I have not mastered these techniques completely yet
Yeah I should do the same since it really makes the learning curve of some techs like the IC's desynch that much easier to perform.

in fact, I would actually recommend trying to be good with Fox in melee, or being good with eddie in Guilty Gear.
Both of those characters require incredible technical skill, hell Eddie requires you grow a third hand XD

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Take my lead and I'll set you free!

melee was fun. i was luigi and mario in it. i prefer luigi because of his awesome wavedashing. if i tried to play melee now, i'd be like "I'm too slow"! and i dont feel right when i'm not using Sonic...(weird, right?):dizzy: i'd say i am technical as Sonic, but I need clarification about it...

SonicX580

Smash Lord
But guys what about the rumor about Sonic and Tails and melee? but I highly doubt it but just in case is it true?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Yes. If you beat 15 minute melee in 14 minutes you will unlock Sonic and Tails.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Trust me and we will escape from the city!

My tech skill is ok. I can wavedash and stuff but not very well, mainly because I only discovered what wavedashing was when I joined this site xD And by that time, Brawl was out and I didn't see much point in learning properly

My tech skill in Brawl...erm...I can tech off walls and the ground and stuff? I've mastered Peach's Float and all her other AT's...I can semi chaingrab with IC's. I've got nearly all the Sonic AT's down - still working on the spinshot (although I find Down + B and Up on the C stick do the trick most of the time)

Still, I will never be satisfyed with my tech skill will never be complete until I can learn how to do this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b4sTCS7knCM

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
My tech skill is ok. I can wavedash and stuff but not very well, mainly because I only discovered what wavedashing was when I joined this site xD And by that time, Brawl was out and I didn't see much point in learning properly

My tech skill in Brawl...erm...I can tech off walls and the ground and stuff? I've mastered Peach's Float and all her other AT's...I can semi chaingrab with IC's. I've got nearly all the Sonic AT's down - still working on the spinshot (although I find Down + B and Up on the C stick do the trick most of the time)

Still, I will never be satisfyed with my tech skill will never be complete until I can learn how to do this

oh yeah! EMZ showed me that. that bair trap is funny. :laugh:
Spinshot is too good. and IC chaingrab, i would not even dare to try it...

infomon

Smash Scientist
If you're talking about the IC Fthrow/Dthrow > Nana Fair spike > regrab and Fthrow/Dthrow ... repeat, that's their easiest CG but it only works at low percent (up to around 30ish, character dependent), and even then it's dangerous. They can SDI the Fair to try and get behind you, or at least mess up your spacing for the regrab. Just most ppl don't >.>

Even when you take someone to the edge, the easy thing to do is Nana Fair spike them out of your Fthrow off the side. But again, they can SDI to the ground/ledge and tech. So instead you can actually get Nana to Fair them right out of Popo's hands (no throw), which they can't avoid. However, you need to do the Fair at the right time, because if you're too early (with respect to the opponent's %), the Fair won't hit them out of the grab. :)

SonicX580

Smash Lord
:(

dude, that pic was an april fool's joke.

yeah, I fell for it too, once upon a time......

:(
That is very cruel...

Back On Topic: Can you guys give me a list on what Jab can clang with? like mario's fireball because I'am thinking about making a thread about this here.

infomon

Smash Scientist
That is very cruel...
I think it was some popular gaming magazine that did it.

Back On Topic: Can you guys give me a list on what Jab can clang with? like mario's fireball because I'am thinking about making a thread about this here.
ehhh.... I studied Brawl's priority system extensively, and my advice is that you don't bother with those sorts of lists. Many have tried similar projects, and not just with Sonic. The problem is that there are way too many attacks in Brawl for this to be worthwhile, and the priority system has underlying mechanics that are much simpler to learn on their own, and helps explain pretty much every hitbox interaction you'll find. Even though the system is pretty complex, it's better than trying to compare every attack with every other attack.

There are different types of hitboxes. Ground attacks like jabs, tilts, smashes, as well as most Specials like Falcon Punch, Dyn's Fire, and Mario's fireball, will clash with opponent hitboxes if they would deal within (or less) than 10% of the opponent hitbox. So that right there explains why Sonic's jab beats the fireball, they cause within 10% of each other, so they both clash, the fireball is destroyed, and Sonic's jab is interrupted (he quickly returns to a neutral standing state).

There are exceptions to these rules, though. Fox and Falco's lasers don't clash with anything (except like shields and starman-invincible opponents, which doesn't really count). MK's jabs/tilts/smashes also have this property, and so do most aerials. Anyway, you can look through other threads about the priority system for more depth.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace

So I watched that video and read a comment that said:

Awesomeee.
SONIC PLAYERS BE AFRAID :<
-----------

>_> Am I missing something?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ok I looked for it in all the post titles and why the **** did everyone forget
"no time for guessing, follow my plan instead" and skip 4 lines straight to the second line of the chorus.

Sonic adventure lyrics are SERIOUS BUSINESS, guys.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ok I looked for it in all the post titles and why the **** did everyone forget
"no time for guessing, follow my plan instead" and skip 4 lines straight to the second line of the chorus.

Sonic adventure lyrics are SERIOUS BUSINESS, guys.
Ryko gets cookies. Next time you hold a tournament I'll bring some chocolate chip cookies.
And I'll bring my hacked wii.

Whoo!
Oh yeah!

Rolling around at the speed of sound,
Got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow.
Can't stick around, have to keep moving on,
Guess what lies ahead? Only one way to find out!
Must keep on moving ahead,
No time for guessing, follow my plan instead.
Trusting in what you can't see,
Take my lead, I'll set you free.

Follow me, set me free,
Trust me and we will escape from the city.
I'll make it through, follow me.
Follow me, set me free,
I'll make it through, prove it to you.

Follow me!
Oh yeah!

Danger is lurking around every turn,
Trust your feelings, got to live and learn.
I know with some luck that I'll make it through,
Got no other options, only one thing to do!
I don't care what lies ahead,
No time for guessing, follow my plan instead.
Find that next stage, no matter what that may be.
Take my lead, I'll set you free.

Follow me, set me free,
I'll make it through, follow me.
Follow me, set me free,
I'll make it through, prove it to you.

Follow me!
Follow me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2etE3mgy8

anyways continuing on topic.
One thing i noticed is that characters that are towards the most tech heavy end tend to do rather well and those that are very basic in gameplay also do well.

Mk and marth are characters who exemplify basic gameplay but do it on a degree that is unrivaled by most characters.
While those that are tech heavy like Fox in melee are very good or Eddie in Guilty Gear.
Though I suppose thats a fallacy in my argument considering its the quality of their capabilities rather than their abilities.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I think it was some popular gaming magazine that did it.

ehhh.... I studied Brawl's priority system extensively, and my advice is that you don't bother with those sorts of lists. Many have tried similar projects, and not just with Sonic. The problem is that there are way too many attacks in Brawl for this to be worthwhile, and the priority system has underlying mechanics that are much simpler to learn on their own, and helps explain pretty much every hitbox interaction you'll find. Even though the system is pretty complex, it's better than trying to compare every attack with every other attack.

There are different types of hitboxes. Ground attacks like jabs, tilts, smashes, as well as most Specials like Falcon Punch, Dyn's Fire, and Mario's fireball, will clash with opponent hitboxes if they would deal within (or less) than 10% of the opponent hitbox. So that right there explains why Sonic's jab beats the fireball, they cause within 10% of each other, so they both clash, the fireball is destroyed, and Sonic's jab is interrupted (he quickly returns to a neutral standing state).

There are exceptions to these rules, though. Fox and Falco's lasers don't clash with anything (except like shields and starman-invincible opponents, which doesn't really count). MK's jabs/tilts/smashes also have this property, and so do most aerials. Anyway, you can look through other threads about the priority system for more depth.
Sounds complicated so with that said I'am quitting on that.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually liked Shadow in SA2, but then everything went wrong from there...

:093:

Boxob.

Smash Lord
They never needed shadow to make a plot, the plot shouldn't have been so dramatic in the first place.

IMO, they should have never went 3D. Should have kept the characters down to 4. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman.

Going with the same kind of level designs, no bull**** auto-game-play like in Sonic rush.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Wow, I'm so cool. I just started playing melee again and I already feel good again with Falco. Too bad Dutch people don't know what melee is.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm playing Sonic Adventure 2 right now.

Shadow was lame back then too.

MARIAAAAA! in the gayest sounding voice. Ever.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Sonic Rush was good despite what the gameplay might have been like (which was good anyway) because it let you do what you were supposed to do with Sonic - run stupidly fast

Lay off the new Sonic characters like Shadow

For all those people living down there...please...give them a chance...to be happy...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They never needed shadow to make a plot, the plot shouldn't have been so dramatic in the first place.
Dude, I'unno man. I loved SA2. That was a great game.

IMO, they should have never went 3D. Should have kept the characters down to 4. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman.
I would be amazed if they made another straight up 2D game like that. I might cry tears of joy.

Going with the same kind of level designs, no bull**** auto-game-play like in Sonic rush.

Auto-game-play? Sonic Rush? IMO Sonic Rush is one of the best Sonic games recently released. The play reminds me a lot of what Sonic Unleashed is like. I loved being able to use ring energy to just increase speed and destroy everything in my way without slowing down. I do agree though they should go and dig deep back into their roots. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles will always be the greatest Sonic game ever IMO.

EDIT@580: Graphics don't really make a game. Game play makes a game.

Top Bottom