• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robocop Schedule confirmed to be modified

Does the proposed Timetable minimise your chances of making your Robocop events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Due to a somewhat mixed fortune, the AFL Grand Final now clashes with Robocop. This is going to directly affect the attendance of some Smashers who are committing themselves to attending this once-in-a-lifetime event (The Saints haven't won since 1940-something). Some Smashers have expressed their desire to have the current tournament schedule modified in order to maximize our expected attendance. I will only accept these changes if there are no SERIOUS fudgings to anyone else's attendance.

The proposed changes are as follows:

Saturday: Melee Teams (Morning) and Brawl Singles (Afternoon)
Sunday: Brawl Teams (Morning) and Melee Singles (Afternoon)

Please vote Yes or No to the proposed changes, based on your AVAILABILITY -- not your PREFERENCE, especailly if you can make all events.

ONLY VOTE 'YES' IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO THE PROPOSED SCHEDULE.

Sieg

Smash Champion
1966 for the Saints. Almost as long as the Demons lol.

Collingwood hasn't won since 1990.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Either schedule's fine with me. On Sat night will it be Brawl crews before Melee crews?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I don't mind, which schedule really, I guess I like the old schedule cause it gives me more time to practice brawl and shiz.

Why not make Melee Singles in the morn and Brawl doubles in the arvo for Saturday?

Wolfguise

Smash Rookie
I don't read much here, mainly just Vic dates. But this has annoyed me enough to post. Changing the schedule is a horrible idea, and if you can't see why, then I have no idea what's wrong with you. Firstly, you're swapping around and messing with nearly 100 people who have likely booked in advance, heaps of which are coming from interstate. A lot of people don't read these forums all the time and given that you have had the schedule confirmed for a long period already, I don't understand why you would even want to change it. There is no good that can come from doing so, and for people like me, who are only attending on Sunday, this poll doesn't even address. Maybe you should make a poll that says "IF I were to change the schedule, would THAT interfere with your events?", because then the poll isn't a play on words. I think a lot of people have probably voted incorrectly here due to the highly unprofessional way you've worded the poll, even with the last line. I doubt someone meant to vote yes and I KNOW a few people didn't mean to vote no. Secondly, WHY? Why would you even consider it? You have from what I saw, 2 people in the general thread that expressed that they may not play a certain game if it's not changed. You can't just change everything simply because TWO people decide that they'd rather go and do something else when they didn't book for the grand final when it happened this week, yet they will when it falls inside of an event that they did book for. This is ridiculous. It seems to me that you're playing favourites with people like Captain Beast, without even thinking about what this could do to other people if you swapped it after all this time of it being set in stone. Thirdly, which event/game is more likely to get a larger turnout? I would assume it would be Brawl since it's newer, which again, you're suggesting that you just shove in Melee 1v1's place simply because of 2 or 3 people. What? I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. If you swap the events at this stage for such a stupid reason, I am not attending. And I am only attending on Sunday and you'd be screwing it up for me since you're going to put "Brawl Singles" there. Is there anyone else we can complain to if you get your silly change through? Or are you it?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol Wolfguise.
You're a turd 'kay?

...And lrn2linebreak.

Edit: And who the hell do you think you are? Some kind of royalty?
You can't just say "I know people don't understand the poll" (in other words "I think I'm smarter than everyone so listen to me") as a means of getting your point across, jeez.
I hope you show up so I can throw unpeeled lemons at you. :/

Yer infract for flaming, w/e I'll take it; the guy/girl's a pugnacious downer.
The more I read that the more annoying it izzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
zzzzzz

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
wtf.. AFL grand final effects all of melbourne, whether you like it or not.. and this tournament is in melbourne. Cao IS asking for feebback before he changes anything. You may have had a point(s) but you ruined it with your obnoxious argument. I blame the AFL for not having extra time or something, replaying the grand final is ridiculous considering how much of a strenuous event it is.

Oh and I'm fine with whatever Cao decides, being from OoS I made a three day commitment to RC as was recommended.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Replay has been around since the dark times.

It'll stay forever. The AFL premiership is so grand that it can't be settled in ten minutes of ****ty extra time.

This is the third time it's ever happened, others being 1948 and 1977.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Yeah i would prefer Brawl Singles to be on Sunday simply so i have more time to prepare for it as its my dominant game. That in itself is quite selfish however and i think we should be looking to maintain the general hype of the tournament as the number 1 goal. To do that we need to ensure as many top players are present for their respective events.

You can say its biassed to specific players but i dont think its such a bad thing unless it effects enough people on the other side of things. Top players are always going to be weighted higher because its so rare that we actually have the opportunity for all the best to compete against one another.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
On a personal basis, the proposed changes would be inconvenient for me as I planned some events for my birthday on Saturday night. Shouldn't schedule real-life events around my Smash calender, I guess...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks Dean, you got a valid reason, it won't make things any easier but that's not a fault of our own.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah i would prefer Brawl Singles to be on Sunday simply so i have more time to prepare for it as its my dominant game. That in itself is quite selfish however and i think we should be looking to maintain the general hype of the tournament as the number 1 goal. To do that we need to ensure as many top players are present for their respective events.

You can say its biassed to specific players but i dont think its such a bad thing unless it effects enough people on the other side of things. Top players are always going to be weighted higher because its so rare that we actually have the opportunity for all the best to compete against one another.
Excellent post by the way. It covers pretty much how I feel about the current situation, although I am against changing the schedule in principle. I'm looking for more responses from others. As it stands according to my own judgements (which aren't merely just from this poll), there is not enough opposition for this proposal, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's likely they all aren't going to be voiced either. Managing this situation is going to be tricky.

It is much easier and safer to leave things the way they are, and I'm inclined with this position, but...

at the moment, leaving the schedule as it is means no singles attendance for: Accelerate, Syke, AussieRob and Sieg, all of which are Queenslanders, 3 of which are key players in the Melee tournaments.

So far, the proposal doesn't appear to negatively affect any of the top/prominent Brawl players, with the exception of Dean.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Omg...they new that robocop was on this wke, why did they book tickets? >.>
brawl stays sunday plox.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I would prefer brawl singles be on the sunday but if keeping it on sunday causes more loss of players than changing it to saturday then I think it should be swapped.

Wolfguise

Smash Rookie
Gaganova & shmot, is this how you greet all people who sign up to this site? Whatever hey? I'm probably talking to scared antisocial guys who act big on the internet but have nothing in the real world. And my points have been ignored anyway so you can go to hell. don't say I didn't tell you that this poll plays on words.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm probably talking to scared antisocial guys who act big on the internet but have nothing in the real world.
Lol
Haha, hur, ha, hee, tee lol, rofl, lmao, haha, zeze, lolol, gaga, harahar.
Anyway, most the stuff I say on here I'd say irl.
And lol @ you calling Attila (shmot) scared and an e-hero.
Just...lol. His arms are probably bigger than your legs, you cretin. :D
You'd better go to RC, or people will think you're scared, and antisocial, lol.

Goooooord someone delete/ban this guy, already.
And anyone stupid enough to respond to him (i.e. me).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wolfguise, you shouldn't cast judgements on others and likewise to the other offenders. If someone attacks you, you can report it to me, instead of fighting fire with fire. I'd like to mention your points weren't ignored, it's just one of the many I have to consider in making a decision. As I have stated earlier, I'm more comfortable with the idea of leaving the schedule as it is, but I wanted to have the proposal run by the community first.

Also, don't be too naive about the poll and how it's constructed -- what's important is how I'm using the results, in where votes are reviewed individually, rather than a collective vote in this circumstance. All the poll needs to do is give me a greater understanding of people's positions (it worked because it inspired objectors such as yourself to post), and it would have served its purpose.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hmm. doesnt really bother me.

But I don't really understand why they need to have ANOTHER grand final... Couldn't they have alternatively played another quarter?

:/

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Hey, I don't mind the replay, as inconveniencing as it is. I feel like the only neutral going for Collingwood~

Splice

Smash Hero
I'd prefer Brawl on Saturday anyway. I'm just gonna burn out if it's on Sunday tbh, i think I'll win on Saturday. So the proposed schedule works really good for me anyway.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have just been notified that the User: Wolfguise has been creating about a dozen anonymous alternate accounts for about a year now, begrudgingly reporting lots of people. We aren't completely certain, but the user may be traced back to Jadegreen. Consider the user's input nulled.

Sirias

Smash Champion
To whatever Wolfguise said, his/her points were valid, but in a relatively narrow-minded sense.
And also if it was Jadegreen... Interesting. I never knew someone could possibly hold such a strong grudge against basically any entire community, rather than just one person.
OH WAIT! I hated furries for ages... XD I guess I'm like her. Eep~ Although, in my case, I still hung out with the furries. <3 Still wubz thoze gaizzz~~~!!~!~~!

Anyway.
It doesn't change anything for me, the dates that is.
I really would much rather go to the AFL Grand Finals than play Smash, though...
And I don't think it's really too much of a reason to change the dates just because key players are coming (especially all from 1 state, we're prepared to not play Melee in order to watch the Grand Finals, lol).
Either way I don't mind, of course I'll miss out on playing you guys in a tournament environment (if I can get a ticket to go (hopefully Zac's parents are going next week, then I get a free one (I think <3))), but I'm not really going down for Smash, I'm just going down for the experience again, and to be in Melbourne. c:
Also, no worries about refunds either, if me paying helps run the tournament, that's kool! C: I'll still be a part of it, even if I'm not even there! :D

Nonetheless...
If it CAN be changed... Then I suppose, if you're worried about more people being there (not necessarily only top players), just do whatever holds the most people.
Otherwise, stay as it is if it's not that big of a deal.
It's going to affect the tournament either way, though, since I'm assuming that some Brawl players will also be going to the Grand Finals, too.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
HAHA oh wow, who would've thought she would still be lurking Smashboards >_>

I don't read much here, mainly just Vic dates. But this has annoyed me enough to post.
Sounded convincing to me =P

So that's Ryan, Syke and Kas out of Melee singles if it's not changed? That's quite a big blow to the Melee tournament imo, it'd be disappointing to see some of Australia's top Melee players not enter the biggest tournament of the year (this also goes for Brawl).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Kas: So far, there's one outright objection, the rest seem either indifferent or in support. It's in our best interests to change the schedule, especailly if it keeps Kas in Melee Singles <3

Edit: Hotdog is completely correct.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Talk to you about it online if you're on MSN, easier, post is too long. XD

edit:

My mind is now made clear.
Lol. :D
CHANGES KGO!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry, but? Jade, wttttttfff...
Yer, rethinking ever staying with Kaion, lol...

On topic: Should just go ahead with the change, otherwise Melee is gonna suffer baaaadly because of it.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'm inclined to say that if even one person gets ****ed over by the change in schedule, then it shouldn't be done, since that's hideously unfair to people who made commitments around the current schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom