• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robocop Schedule confirmed to be modified

Does the proposed Timetable minimise your chances of making your Robocop events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Is it at all possible for Dean to make amendments to his birthday night plans? That's the best card I have to play right now.

Condog, I agree, but I am faced with a rather difficult decision that I'm sure you wouldn't like to be in. Ultimately, I have to do what best suits the majority, and it's inevitably something that I'll be responsible for. I'm going to disappoint people whichever direction I take from here, so it's in my best interests to take the smaller hit if I have to.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Um.
Might be able come if the changes are made. It does change 'birthday dinner' to 'take-away kebabs' though.
It doesn't really matter. It's not an overly important number (17) and I understand I'm fairly low priority as both a local and not a top player. And there's still Sunday for teams and friendlies.
So yeah~

tibs7

Smash Champion
All hype will die if brawl is on Saturday, everyone will leave after brawl dubs the following morning.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Um.
Might be able come if the changes are made. It does change 'birthday dinner' to 'take-away kebabs' though.
It doesn't really matter. It's not an overly important number (17) and I understand I'm fairly low priority as both a local and not a top player. And there's still Sunday for teams and friendlies.
So yeah~
If I bring a nice cake and have the crowd sing happy birthday for you, will that make amends? I'd be most settled if you accept.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Not really.
Some Melee players are playing Brawl.
And if it was the other way round, then all Melee players would leave after Melee doubles finished.
Either way, it'll lose hype FROM THE OPPOSING game, which makes sense, derp.

Edit:

Also, yeah, why don't we have some birthday special thingie for Dean, then? :D
How does that sound?
I'll sit on your lap. <3
No wait, that's creepy, considering I'm 3 years older than you.
Mmm... How about...
I buy you a prezzie. :D
I'll try find something in Melbourne on Thursday/Friday. =]

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Tiiiiiiiiiiibs, you fanboy.
I won't leave. <3

AND as if people want to WATCH Brawl over Melee.
Melee's much better to watch.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
All hype will die if brawl is on Saturday, everyone will leave after brawl dubs the following morning.
Tibs, I'd call that as incorrect. That scenario only happens when:
a) a tournament is brawl-centric (turnouts for this is balanced), and
b) a tournament has no hype. This is the most critical and hype tournament of the year, it will be sustained until the very end, just like last year.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Wtf kas is 20 years old!? Honestly thought you were older lol.

Splice

Smash Hero
Tibs did you forget Melee is the better game?

Melee singles last is best idea ever, most hype to be had indeed!
I will most assuredly be staying for Melee.

I just hope everything goes ok for Dean <3

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
If I bring a nice cake and have the crowd sing happy birthday for you, will that make amends? I'd be most settled if you accept.
Also, yeah, why don't we have some birthday special thingie for Dean, then? :D
How does that sound?
I'll sit on your lap. <3
No wait, that's creepy, considering I'm 3 years older than you.
Mmm... How about...
I buy you a prezzie. :D
I'll try find something in Melbourne on Thursday/Friday. =]
I appreciate the guestures guys, but this won't be necessary. Just make the tournament worth my while (which I'm sure it will be) and I'll be fine ;D
Also, 100 people singing happy birthday is a rare occasion, it is also suitably unnerving, hehe.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be making the switch official today. Updates to be made on the main thread.

Thanks to everyone who made the negotations easier. <3

Sirias

Smash Champion
So changes are official, aye.
Nnnoo worriieeesss.

And yerrr, I'm 20, that's still pretty old! :C
I'm 1/5 of a century.
Srsly.
Only 5 more years and I'm 1/4 a century.
FML.

<3 Daddy.

Edit:

Wait.
Wtf?
Why did you think I was older than 20?!?!?!?!??!
WHAT IS THIS?!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Federation Square, a 5 minute walk from the venue -- THE place to watch the GF (outside of the MCG). It live-screens the grand finals in the city's main public plaza. It usually gets about 10,000 spectators every grand final. It's also where the winning team goes to show their cup to everyone.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
couldnt we have a tv in the venue showing the grand final aswell so people that dont wont to go to fed square can watch it?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Why was the schedule changed?

There's going to be problems for some brawl players now not being able to enter singles. There's going to be clashes no matter which game was on during GF's, and I truly think it was an unfair change by changing the schedule by impacting on some other players just to meet a few players needs.

tibs7

Smash Champion
well scoot no one from the brawl side of things said anything.
but yahhh, now i cant watch my saints :(

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Why was the schedule changed?

There's going to be problems for some brawl players now not being able to enter singles. There's going to be clashes no matter which game was on during GF's, and I truly think it was an unfair change by changing the schedule by impacting on some other players just to meet a few players needs.
People who didn't want the schedule changed were in the minority...Did you vote in the poll...

Cao went with the majority thats the best he could do in what is a pretty difficult situation

swordsaint

Smash Master
The change doesn't affect me, but I know a few people who are.

Personally, I don't think a small majority should be accounted for especially so close to the event when there is going to be an impact either way, but that's my opinion.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Scoot you should have said something then, I don't think they were any objections from any of the top brawl players and if there was I think the Melee players voiced their opinions more. But either way you're right, there was always going to be problems and clashes which ever direction Cao took. He had a hard decision to make and decided to support the majority which is a decision you should respect. He can't keep everyone happy.

Either way this is 1 more reason why AFL is balls =(

Crews just got less hype too.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Actually now that i think about it, I dont like the order of this schedule. Kinda didnt want to run into singles until sunday, but eh. w/e

AFL sucks

Splice

Smash Hero
Edit: Derp .

Is crews 8 players or 10 players, is that confirmed yet?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Splice: Yes it is. Check here:

SCHEDULE
Friday October 1 (Day Zero)
3pm-10pm: Robocop Pre-Party (Dodgeball, Friendlies, Bar Hopping and Special Dinner)

Saturday October 2 (Day One)
7am: Open
7am-9am: Setup and registration
9am-2pm: Melee Teams
12pm-10pm: Brawl Singles
10pm-11.30pm: Melee Crews
11.30pm-1am: Brawl Crews

Sunday October 3 (Day Two)
***WA and QLD visitors note: this day marks the commencement of AEST Daylight Savings Time; wind your clocks forward +1 hour when Saturday ends.***
9am-2pm: Brawl Teams
12pm-10pm: Melee Singles
10pm: Close

Scoot: It is in everyone's best interests to check the boards regularly and post their situations. I can't act for others without receiving their input, considering the tight timelines I'm given. Also, I think everyone agrees with what you're saying, but based on the inputs I have received, I have made the call that will provide the best outcome possible.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
They lose money for playing it again btwwwww. <3

Keep trying lol.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...l-replay-profits/story-e6freck3-1225929696794
???

The change doesn't affect me, but I know a few people who are.

Personally, I don't think a small majority should be accounted for especially so close to the event when there is going to be an impact either way, but that's my opinion.
Normally I'd agree with you. And Cao normally would agree with you too.
If a significant amount of top brawl players were also in the same boat, it'd be a different story too.

At any other tournament, I'd agree with you too.

But this is Robocop, this is the hype tournament of the year. We're all going to it because all the big names are, M2k included. A lot of us want to see the big names duke it out at the business end, and if they're not who we want to see, it'll feel like a huge wasted opportunity.

You're not wrong. It's a crappy set of circumstances.

EDIT: In after lock? LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom