• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Glide attack "clashes" with pretty much every move, both air and ground. I figured that would be common knowledge by now, come on guys...

Bees!

Smash Ace
Gyro, laser, a well spaced f-smash, and dropping a nair from above are some of ROBs best options.
Thanks! [o o] also something me and friend were messing around with.(Nothing groundbreaking) If you shield a grounded shuttle loop you can run under and Hyphen smash or U-smash also SH uAir. However I am not sure if this is guaranteed. Does anyone know if it is? Can anyone test it?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Glide attack "clashes" with pretty much every move, both air and ground. I figured that would be common knowledge by now, come on guys...
C'mon E. How many of these guys were around in the beginning? ROB jumped from 1.0 to 5.0 during the early days, and these guys are booting ROB 2.0 and thinking they've got a bright future.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Thanks! [o o] also something me and friend were messing around with.(Nothing groundbreaking) If you shield a grounded shuttle loop you can run under and Hyphen smash or U-smash also SH uAir. However I am not sure if this is guaranteed. Does anyone know if it is? Can anyone test it?
That would depend on how high he was when he did the glide attack and weather or not you Pshielded it or regular shield. I usually Dsmash if i shield it.

but more useful than that is while he is gliding to run under him and Hyphen smash. Its relatively fast and they rarely see it coming, if they unleash the glide attack it'll probably clash tho. In theory the clash should lead to a Dsmash so its all worth it.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Falco is nice. Every characters that does well against DDD, MK and Zamus is a good option for a secondary. And yes, it's known.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for answering, I hate playing as Snake.
And The Mike, do you know any Brazilian match finder? I tried to have a match against americans, but the lag is terrible.

tibs7

Smash Champion
just wanting to know how ROB does against wario. i want to use him, but am afraid of the **** lol.
if ROB does do ok against him, if you could tell me what to do and what not to do that would be sweet
cheers.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Its a 50-50 mu tibs imo its mainly based off the fact that rob aerials have extended hitboxes as well as ftilt so if you play smart it should be very difficult for him to approach

The bad side is that wario can juggle pressure us to no end and isnt the easiest of targets to camp

Trillest

Smash Ace
Nah GwJ u gotta mind game be all like rob is **** but its the only character i play then BAM beat em

Hence why there is no need for secondaries for the sake of mu's unless the zamus know the inf and can do it 100% of the time

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok fellow ROBots I have a question. My ROB is really good and such, but it seems like I've become predictable as of recent. I've grown so accustomed to ROB that I play almost all off instinct and it's been getting me punished since they know what I'm going to do before I even do it. So I'm trying to break these "habits" of my playstyle. Any advice on how to do so?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well, ROB is already a predictable character to begin with, but I had this same problem. What I did to break my habits was I "forgot" him. What I mean by that is, I stopped playing ROB to the point I got so rusty that I only remembered basic stuff, ATs, and things like that. With that done, I just learned to play again and that was that. This technique taught me what I believe to be the most useful strategy to play ROB with.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Good idea. Guess I'll look ino that then. Maybe I can work on my secondaries in the meantime and try ROB again next month.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Anyone know the best way to land back on the stage vs Snake? I can fight him on the ground, I just can't in the air. I constantly get pressured with Usmash, grenades, Nair, ftilt and pivot grab upon landing. It's like the only problem I have vs snake.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
4 words.

Wave bounce gyro cancel.
I thought it wasn't called WB
iSuConfuzed.

but yeah, basically imagine what snake does to people when he reverses his grenades, but rob can do it more

Overswarm

is laughing at you
it's also worthless because people can shield, see you are doing it, and hten hit you before your gyro cancel ends.

It only works when someone doesn't know what it is or they over commit, and if they have over committed an air dodge would already work.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah OS, because something that takes 5(or less, not sure on numbers but it's fast) frames, and allows you to do ANYTHING including the same thing in the other direction is completely useless.

Top Bottom