• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
There has to be an easier way to WB gyro cancel. I can never get it right. Wavebouncing my laser, up B, and even side b is hella easy. I can't do it for downb for some reason though.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Pretty much what Sil said. Hit downB, and just roll the control stick to the direction you want to turn. If you still can't figure it out, I can teach you this weekend. =D

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I roll it like Sil said also.

edit: I'm liking this Silhouette guy. I like what goes on in his head.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Neat

also Box: You don't need to be precise when you press Z/L/R, just hold it down anytime after you've pressed B and the gyro will vanish quickly without any chance of airdodging.
My controls are quite different though. My R button is attack, but my L and Z button are the same. I think that may affect this.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I half circle, so that if I'm going right, quarter, down b, quarter, making a half circle with down B in the middle, I;m not to great at it though, and see how it can be useful

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
how is metaknight vs ROB a bad match up. I think ROB has a pretty decent matchup against him. Idk how you can say MK can gimp ROB. Please explain how that can ever happen. ROB has no way of getting gimped by MK. There are too many things ROB can do before that. anyone care to explain?

TheMike

Smash Lord
Tell us how to avoid MK's gimp, his fast attacks with big priority(the same as Falco's Blasters!) and large hitboxes, how to avoid the juggling...

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
you can f-air while recovering before he can hit you with anything else. And come up from low so he cant do much. and when recovering from low you use up-air with recovery so you attack MK while recovering. MK cant do anything about it. I guarantee you play my friends ROB you will never gimp him.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
While that IS what I do and it has landed me success most of the time, MK CAN do something about it. In fact, I'm pretty sure he can do SOMETHING about EVERYTHING ROB has.

Sudai

Stuff here
MK's DAir out ranges ROB's UAir. MK would be ******** to be in position to be hit by a FAir as his FAir and BAir both out range it and a smart MK would be under and in front of you and the second you FAir, you get an Up-B to the face and die.

Try again.

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
If the MK was under rob then he probably wouldnt be f-airng. You do other things in different situations. Play better as ROB and there is always something you can do. You can fly under the stage, attack, fake go under the stage, come back really high in the air, laser to hit MK from coming out at you then recover, use gyro to fend MK off. Just do different thing and mind game the **** out of them and you will never get gimped with ROB. Just suck less.

Sudai

Stuff here
"Play better as ROB and there is always something you can do."

Play better as MK and you -always- have an answer to -anything- ROB can do on recovery. For the most part, the same could be said for every facet of MK vs ROB.

Try again.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Lol, they are the really good ROBs. Anyway, perfection is impossible, so your argument holds no water at all. Decent MK> Good/Pro ROB in most cases.

Sudai

Stuff here
That is definitely not true at all. Perfect ROB owns a good MK. Have you played against a really good ROB?
lmao

I'm done with you. The information is on the boards already so there's no need to explain it again. Go do some reading, play against some better MKs, and you'll understand. You clearly don't have any real knowledge to back yourself up.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

According to this non-forged evidence I somehow acquired, Fox beats Pikachu, DK beats DDD, and Ganon beats the Ice Climbers.

A Von Karma is perfect, my logic is flawless.

Top Bottom