• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB in the new tier list

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Tier List Version Four

S :metaknight:

HIGH
A :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :marth: :warioc:
B :dedede: :pikachu2: :olimar: :lucario: :gw:

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob:
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf:
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2:

Low
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

Condensed Version:
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario
B: King Dedede, Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch
C: Pit, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, R.O.B.
D: Donkey Kong, Peach, Fox, Luigi, Wolf
E: Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Ness, Bowser
F: Lucas, Ike, Yoshi, Mario, Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff
G: Zelda, Link, Ganondorf

Older Tier Lists
v1 (September 1, 2008)
v2 (January 1, 2009)
v3 (June 5, 2009)

Do you feel ROB's rank is good? I'm sad to see him going down more and more every list, but hey, he's not as good as I'd like him to be.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
R.O.B. is now bottom of C tier.

He moved down 5 spots to become 17th, which is now bottom of C tier under the new system.

Thoughts? I sort of expected this, to be honest. As much as I love ROB, he has too many bad match ups at a higher level of play, plus the decreasing number of ROB mains.

:(

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I don't see it really. I figured he'd drop but not below Pit. ZSS I think is better as well, but she could have been below as well maybe. I can understand the rest being above us though. We gotta step it up though as ROB mains.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
ROB's still an arguable top ten character, his tier list position means jack ****. Even if the fact he gets ***** pretty hard by MK was the sole reason for his ridiculous drop (but then what about Lucario, Dedede... oh you get the picture), having a good match-up against Snake and Diddy is pretty darned commendable on the other hand.

Whatever, it is what it is. 3/4 of it is inaccurate. It's fiction. It embarrasses me to be involved in Smash tremendously... because it's GARBAGE! And the editor that let it come out is GARBAGE! ...That's all I got to say. It makes me wanna puke.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Grrrrrrrrrr I Posted This Thread A Minute Before You
lol, I just noticed I got ninja'd pretty hard. XD

eh, let the mods decide which one to lock.

I don't see it really. I figured he'd drop but not below Pit. ZSS I think is better as well, but she could have been below as well maybe. I can understand the rest being above us though. We gotta step it up though as ROB mains.
Pit's actually not that bad, there's just not a lot of Pit mains out there, or at least I don't really hear much about them. ZSS, IMO, would be higher if more people used her. She seems underestimated to me, even though she's a pretty solid character.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
As far as I know, it's not just match ups. ROB's usage in tournaments is going down because of the abundance of MK, and we are seeing less and less top 10 placings out of him at larger tournaments. It's a sad fact, but I'm sticking with ROB 'till the end, even if he drops to F tier.
Which should never happen. XD

ADHD

Smash Hero
Rob still has potential to be better and rise, why is pit so high? Pit's only good when he's planking, otherwise he should be below rob.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Pit has even worse tournament placements than ROB, with even some of the D tier characters above him, and that didn't stop him from shooting him for no known reason.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Pit has even worse tournament placements than ROB, with even some of the D tier characters above him, and that didn't stop him from shooting him for no known reason.
pit is bad, there is no way..

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Well don't look at me, I sure didn't have a say in the new tier list. :rolleyes:

The jump from DK (under ROB) down to Wolf (above Pit) in the tournament rankings is pretty significant.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
He's above ROB because the tier list isn't a carbon copy of tournament rankings, which are also influenced by the amount and strength of players repping each character. Frankly, I always thought Pit was underrated. All that said, I don't think he's better than ROB nor do I think a majority of the B/C-tier characters above him are. I guess ROB's the underrated one now. *shrug* "Whatever."

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Our character sucks because of MK.
This.

10This.

And Pit is only a threat with planking involved. Yet Wario and G&W, 2 other characters who plank well, dropped. Maybe Japan's tier list is rubbing off on ours. But regardless I'm stickin w/ ROB all the way, even if we don't make it back to B tier.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Mmmm.......yea.....I guess ROB should be 15th(ish) or so....but I don't mind it.
That's why I agree w/ it.

BTW, call me Mizu.
Cool. Since I start to care more for Brawl, I guess I should post more on the ROB borads rather than lurking. But I guess what really gets to me is Pit. But no matter, we have even more fuel to shut people up...
who don't use MK

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
MK doesn't make our character bad. ROB is a great character. Meta-Knight makes ROB unviable. The characters above ROB are just better. And, even though I say this every tier list, ROB is no different than he was a tier list ago.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Tier list one: 6th better.
Tier list two: 9th better.
Tier list three: 12th better.

21st worst(17th best)...

=(

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think the Ice Climbers are better. I worded my post wrong, the characters above wrong are better than more characters than ROB is better than. For the most part. *COUGHPITCOUGH*

Top Bottom