• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB in the new tier list

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Do the best you can. No1 said anything about winning against him, because everyone does poor against him. But that's no excuse to why we do poorly against Snake, Wario, Diddy,
PIT
ect. because we don't. We need to "reinvent the ROB" and get sumthin going with him.

Oh, and what part of MD do you stay at lol?

Maybe. But how many characters feel like they beat ROB easily? Snakes, DDDs, Marths, ect. do. Even the MUs in our own tier feel like they beat us. These MUs we should be going about even with bit they all feel like they beat us. We need to prove them wrong. The tier list is supposed to be accurate but, like they say, step it up and he'll rise. No way we should be where we're at, but we only have ourselves to blame.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/R.O.B._(SSBB)
This is what they think of us...
I think everyone has to work harder in general. But if MK was gone ROB's job would be much easier. Also, I live in Bowie but right now I'm in Greensboro training for HERB 3.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
People saying to step it up vs MK(good ones)are idiots, sure it's winnable but the work you gotta put in it is immense. If MK didn't have that ******** lagless tornado the match-up would be way better. It's really annoying to fight good MKs because the only thing they do is spam jump to avoid projectiles than they get close and start spamming dair to tornado and you're stuck there not being able to do much.

It's so easy to keep ROB in the air with MK and rack dmg, which is why I just go MK vs MK now. If your player skill is great you will beat the mk player since most of the time they're under your skill level but it simply MK that make them so good.
Chibo is the only true ROB main left now placing decently because I mostly go ROB vs everything not MK than switch to MK to counter that annoying bat.

ROB is dropping simply because no one is placing good with him lately and most ROB are quitting for MK or simply using them both which make ROB score go lower, ROB is a pretty solid character with only like 4-5 bad matchup(AND they aren't that bad except for MK and DDD). Unless someone find a gamebreaking AT with ROB, I'm afraid ROB will only go lower for he will never be able to beat a good MK.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
People saying to step it up vs MK(good ones)are idiots, sure it's winnable but the work you gotta put in it is immense. If MK didn't have that ******** lagless tornado the match-up would be way better. It's really annoying to fight good MKs because the only thing they do is spam jump to avoid projectiles than they get close and start spamming dair to tornado and you're stuck there not being able to do much.

It's so easy to keep ROB in the air with MK and rack dmg, which is why I just go MK vs MK now. If your player skill is great you will beat the mk player since most of the time they're under your skill level but it simply MK that make them so good.
Chibo is the only true ROB main left now placing decently because I mostly go ROB vs everything not MK than switch to MK to counter that annoying bat.
ROB is dropping simply because no one is placing good with him lately and most ROB are quitting for MK or simply using them both which make ROB score go lower, ROB is a pretty solid character with only like 4-5 bad matchup(AND they aren't that bad except for MK and DDD)
I feel the same way. At my last tournament, a guy just spammed tornado and there was nothing I could do.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I think everyone has to work harder in general. But if MK was gone ROB's job would be much easier. Also, I live in Bowie but right now I'm in Greensboro training for HERB 3.
I live 10 mins from Bowie, so whenever u come into town let me know. Maybe we can have some friendlies some time soon. Besides, my ROB needs work so yea.
Beats losing to Bert lol

ROB is dropping simply because no one is placing good with him lately and most ROB are quitting for MK or simply using them both which make ROB score go lower, ROB is a pretty solid character with only like 4-5 bad matchup(AND they aren't that bad except for MK and DDD). Unless someone find a gamebreaking AT with ROB, I'm afraid ROB will only go lower for he will never be able to beat a good MK.

I'm not saying the MK MU is winnable by any means. But that's no excuse for the other things that keep ROB down. I totally agree with the last paragraph though.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
When MK populates more than 70% of the skilled players at a tournament, MK is more than enough to keep ROB down.

But That doesn't answer to the other characters. MK will be there and we have to accept it.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Accepting it won't make the matchup any more winnable or make ROB move up in the next tier list.
You're misundertanding my point. ROB can move up on the tier list if we perform better. MK will always prevent us from A/B tier but he (ROB) has a lot of winnable MUs against the higher tiers. now if MK were banned, then yea, I could see ROB creeping into lower A tier/high B tier, but MK isn't the scapegoat for every tier list and why ROB drops.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
He just moved down from low A, mainly because of the rise in MK, who says ROB can't be high A again? He can deal with a good amount of the characters in the 3 tiers above him, and does relatively well against the two characters who are moving up, IC's and Diddy.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Mk is the best secondary to any rob imo. Although, my secondaries are Wario(who is ok vs MK), peach(who is even vs DDD), and Mario(who I still do better vs DDD than I do with rob, lul.)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
MK is the worst secondary in the game because he becomes better than your main.

The best non MK secondary for ROB is Diddy.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Btw I tried using the Speed UpB variation at the ledge a couple times in tourney at VC7, and even though it looks impressive as hell lol, it didn't get me one kill and got me killed once lol. It's mad easy to defend against if your opponent has a reaction time of a whole second or less lol (which is horrible btw).
I was watching your videos that you recently uploaded and took note of when you did the ledge boosts. I believe I only saw one instance where you did it and it made sense to. I'm thinking you're like me and want to try it out every situation you have a gyro in your hand and your char is a good deal off the stage. And I'm not sure I would approach MK with it unless I reversed the toss and back aired...and I believe you flubbed the boost on mk because it looked slow. If you want me to be specific on them, I'll go back and watch them if you want me to really point out what I think might have been the problem. It definitely doesn't convince me that it isn't useful. Because even though people see things coming, doesn't mean the situation won't fall in your favor. We see a lot of things coming in Brawl. :p

Mr.E

Smash Lord
The prblem with the "Speed UpB" thing is mostly that it will only be useful if your opponent is well off-stage near the stage boundary. If they're at the stage boundary, they're probably near the top of the screen as well and you just can't fly up as quickly as you can fly over. :p But hey, right place at the right time, I don't see why not try it then. I've gotten close to one of those flashy kills a couple times. On a similar but unrelated note, I never see other Wario players bike jump to harass their opponent off-stage and usually either stay on-stage or attempt bike throw shenanigans at the ledge instead. Makes me :(.

EDIT: After seeing the first VC7 vid against Shadow, Chibo you should've NAired after the boost. You probably would've gotten the kill and then you would not be complaining it didn't get you any kills. UAir, what is that? :p It's okay, he decided to kill himself anyway.

RE: MK

I don't see how ROB deserves to be so far down when he certainly isn't the only character in the top half of the list with a major problem with MK. :rolleyes: And those characters don't have favorable match-ups with Snake and Diddy to boot.

Top Bottom