• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

JTsm

Smash Master
I plan on running stream stuff with Ori and I'll probably get JTsm to help out as well.

Having no commentary at SPAU was kind of nice so we may decide to not have commentary again but we'll see I guess.
Assuming my laptop is fixed by then. Otherwise, we'll have to find another option. At SPAU, the commentary wasn't working because everything was just.... not working xD especially the sound.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Or you could just keep most MI people off of the mic, except WTP and maybe a couple of other people. They try too hard to be funny and half of the time it's just obnoxious.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kyle if your laptop is 't fixed by this, I think we could use WTP's laptop.

Also, I have some big Ideas for the stream as far as catering to our viewers at home. This will be fun if I can do it right.

Also after a fun night of talking with Mr. Strife, Vinnie, Keitaro, Chibo, and some other cool peeps, Lain you need to come to this tourney lol. These EC people wanna see you and might make the drive out if you showup. That could go you as well Mr. Anther ;)

This is about to be the most legit thing MI Brawl has done ever!

Also, I dont have a teammate for this since I know next to nothing about Coco's attendance. If I don't have one by the time the tourney gets here I will be devoting all of dubs to Stream/TO assisting.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
I request that anyone wishing to commentate submit an example of their commentary. Tech or WTP or someone (not a member of FF, because you will all allow each other and no offense, but commentary is none of your strong suits.) should pick ~6 people who are the only ones allowed anywhere near the mic, with the exception of possible interviewees.

Also. No more than 2 people should be on the mic at any given time.

Alsoalso. No one named DMBrandon is allowed to commentate.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm hand picking people myself to do commentary.

And of course, we will do player interviews. I was actually going to suggest that as well. But yeah I agree with everything Roller said.

Also don't ask me to do commentary for those interested. I will come to YOU.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I request that anyone wishing to commentate submit an example of their commentary. Tech or WTP or someone (not a member of FF, because you will all allow each other and no offense, but commentary is none of your strong suits.) should pick ~6 people who are the only ones allowed anywhere near the mic, with the exception of possible interviewees.

Also. No more than 2 people should be on the mic at any given time.

Alsoalso. No one named DMBrandon is allowed to commentate.
No one from FF will be doing anything commentary related. We are the stream managers thats about it. I will also physically move someone that isn't allowed back there if I find them back there. I mean I can judge who a decent/good person to commentate is but I know that none of us are that good lol.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
^ This lol

Also I'll bring a sleeping bag so Ally can do the :snake: B-Air to people trying to get into the TO/Stream area

:yeahboi:

Roller

Smash Legend
Chi has the right kind of enthusiasm in his voice to be a potentially solid commentator. I'll check out the vid when I'm not lazy. Although I'm sure that match is going to be boring as hell to watch. lol

<3 Luckay

Roller

Smash Legend
If Zinoto commentates then somebody who is willing to get real and blow people up for getting exposed better be on the other mic.

I don't want any of this, "oh wow! This player has improved so much! Look at his use of forward tilts for spacing!" *flip the tab on my browser to see Apasher vs Zyth*

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
zinoto youre too good to be on commentary

the people on commentary are usually the ones that get knocked out early, you should be focusing on the bracket and your matches/playing friendlies (if possible) throughout the day

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
No one from FF will be doing anything commentary related. We are the stream managers thats about it. I will also physically move someone that isn't allowed back there if I find them back there. I mean I can judge who a decent/good person to commentate is but I know that none of us are that good lol.
See the thing is, when you guys are meant to manage the stream, you guys end up commentating anyway. I think we should keep the stream station seperate from the commentator station (like what they did at APEX 2012). Also, so we won't have the actuall commentators going like "hurr durr how do I change the names?"

Xatic

Smash Lord
I'm legit only taking care of the stream itself, I won't be doing anything commentary wise and not "just anyone" will be allowed since that seems to get a bit out of hand.

That's why I want the external monitor, so I can keep the chat off the screen so commentators can look at the game ONLY. I no longer down with having a jank set-up where the commentators can see the chat and **** and myself (or whoever is handling the stream) cannot "handle the stream". It's a bit annoying. That's my only reasoning for an external monitor.

But as said before I'm only taking care of the stream set-up, and the actual streaming of the tourney. Tech can take care of who commentates.

As of right now the people I have taking care of the stream itself are:
Myself (Xatic)
DRDN
Ori
JTsm?

That should be enough I think, maybe 1 or 2 more people could help out if they want but I want to avoid crowding if possible.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Chi has the right kind of enthusiasm in his voice to be a potentially solid commentator. I'll check out the vid when I'm not lazy. Although I'm sure that match is going to be boring as hell to watch. lol

<3 Luckay
I'm a Ganon main... I don't do boring.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
If Zinoto commentates then somebody who is willing to get real and blow people up for getting exposed better be on the other mic.

I don't want any of this, "oh wow! This player has improved so much! Look at his use of forward tilts for spacing!" *flip the tab on my browser to see Apasher vs Zyth*
WTP/Zinoto tag team?
Lol, this is what I wanted to try.

Hot_arms is kinda right, though, I want to try at least once to see if I'm any good. I know a lot of MUs now (after Averil put me on blast lol).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Random factoid: I am NEVER fighting Diddy on Battlefield, unless I'm playing as him lol. Plats make him soooo hard to approach.

dfjwejgnnrgwsnmgjkrdkgkg

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Random factoid: I am NEVER fighting Diddy on Battlefield, unless I'm playing as him lol. Plats make him soooo hard to approach.

dfjwejgnnrgwsnmgjkrdkgkg
It's kind of a trade off. You get an easier way to land from banana landing traps, but I can use the platforms to reduce your approach options.

^ You're just a scrub lol. Zinoto hates Battlefield against me. He also happens to dislike playing on FD against me
I hate playing on FD against everyone (except vs a ROB)

EDIT: Ori, you should change the stream banner to say Phoenix Saga 4 btw.

Top Bottom