• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
It's kind of a trade off. You get an easier way to land from banana landing traps, but I can use the platforms to reduce your approach options.

I hate playing on FD against everyone (except vs a ROB)

EDIT: Ori, you should change the stream banner to say Phoenix Saga 4 btw.
We aren't using Dakota's stream for this. So I'm going to make a new one in general. But thats not happening till I finish the layouts.

Roller

Smash Legend
Random factoid: I am NEVER fighting Diddy on Battlefield, unless I'm playing as him lol. Plats make him soooo hard to approach.

dfjwejgnnrgwsnmgjkrdkgkg
I actually prefer BF vs Diddy.

Smashville is where he is just broken as ****. Seriously. He's stupid there vs anyone who can't platform camp effectively while avoiding bananas thrown up followed by aerials.

^ You're just a scrub lol. Zinoto hates Battlefield against me. He also happens to dislike playing on FD against me
lmao, he hates FD in general.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Chi, I fight Diddy with MK (such a fun matchup lol), and Smashville is my most comfortable stage against any matchup in the game. Marth has to work harder to land or establish momentum vs Diddy, and his general item control isn't as good as MK's.

I also dislike FD in general. It's so...bland and landing is such a pain in the *** against certain characters. Add the annoying lips at the edges to the equation and yeah...I can see why it's so frequently struck/banned.

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
MK vs Diddy is a lot easier on BF imo than it is on SV. my win rate on BF vs zino is something like 30% as MK whereas on SV it's closer to 10%. if you think BF hinders you vs diddy you're not making very good use of the stage.

on BF MK gets to retreat for free, ledge trap diddy way easier than he could on SV, control more angles when he's being proactive due to platforms, approach from more angles if he has a read on diddy's camping...your comfort on SV might have to do w the fact that SV is probably one of MK's best stages in every other matchup but diddy

tbh FD isn't even that bad vs diddy. the only reason why you don't want to pick FD instead of SV is because MK on SV is better than he is on FD

also this is why I might do the Nope and start striking SV first. Everyone and their mom's favorite stage is SV

strong disagreement about item control w Marth v MK. they're about even

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I can count on one hand the number of times I even allow a Diddy to set up camp in a match with MK. I am always IN HIS FACE and I'm a little more comfortable making that happen from a more neutral standpoint (SV over BF, basically) while having confidence in my item control. I control the platforms on BF just as well if need be (I play Peach and Marth for crying out loud lol, I thrive on plat control in general) but it's not my immediate preference vs the monkey or Falco.

Pressure pressure pressure is the answer vs Diddy, HYAHHHHHHH! xD

clowsui

Smash Legend
you didn't actually address any of my points but w/e works for you lol. bf and sv are pretty close/comparable in terms of which one is better for MK vs diddy anyways

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There wasn't really anything that needed to be addressed or debated with, stage choice vs a character who can control both fairly well is more of a matter of preference than anything. So yeah...what you said lol.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
dang this is leik national size lvl now lol

will it be a 2 day event?
Rayquaza you better come damnit. This is a regional in your backyard basically. Also, this will be a 1 day event. With the level of good staff this will be done by midnight at the latest I'm guessing.

Also, WE NEED SETUPS!

BRING WIIS/TVs the whole 9 yards. If we want this eveng to be even greater than it is about to, Setups are our golden ticket to Wonka's Chocolate Factory men. I'm going to try and bring 3-4 lol. JTSM can probably bring 3-4 like he did at SPAU. So please be that awesome guy and bring a setup.

I'm also bringing Extension Cords/power strips like always.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Haha, the venue's only open until 11pm, and Pierpont staff actually kicks you out, so you better revise those midnight ending plans Ori.

Time for the MI Brawl community to stop being spoiled by the unmonitored Mason Hall and to actually start cooperating, yay!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
And you'll be out of the bracket by 8 so you won't have to worry.
Rage doesnt want to go to tourneys that go past midnight.

Haha, the venue's only open until 11pm, and Pierpont staff actually kicks you out, so you better revise those midnight ending plans Ori.

Time for the MI Brawl community to stop being spoiled by the unmonitored Mason Hall and to actually start cooperating, yay!
Thats good to know.

JTsm

Smash Master
I'll bring 1 set up and 3 extra TVs. I'll also bring a power strip and an extension cord.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why is everyone in MI Brawl resigned to the tourney going past 11pm?

MI Melee finished a 115-person tourney in one day by 11:30pm, no johns guys.

I'm just kind of disappointed in the attitude of all these recent posts...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
As a person who yells at people to do their matches, I won't have a problem officiating pool stuff, reporting, and getting people to play their matches. If you need somebody to be the **** to unplug friendlies or MM's then I'm right here...

I'm also very knowledgeable about this game and am good at commentary. Not too humorous on commentary, but more knowledgeable then 99% of people lol.

:018:

Top Bottom