• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I agree with what Tutu said. We should not have long *** gaps between events.

Like, start singles pools during doubles Losers Finals or so, and don't take a long ****ing time to start making the bracket.

I find it amusing that in previous tourneys, you guys say that you're going to be more strict on the schedule, but yet the tourney still runs after midnight.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
i may come down to say hi to everyone.

hope thats ok ^^;;
Haha popping over to MI, just to say what's up?

You're more than welcome to!

And guys I already told you the staff and I have a plan this time. And besides with previous events we did hit a few roadblocks. But I'm pretty confident this time around. We have addressed everything this time. So stop bringing up the dead horse that is PS3. We understand your concerns but you're gonna kill the hype. Worry less about what our plans are and worry more about your performance and getting yourself ready for the best event MI's gonna have!

And DRDN: You aren't even at these events half the time to be able to make that distinction. Personally, I wish I had the luxury of friendlies and conversation with the guests but that never happen for me. Ever. I always work straight through the event like a mad man.

I didn't get to play MJG, Kain or Meek and I only got to play Sauc3 after the tournament was done :(. I'm always the harfest working guy at my events...as it should be imo. But I will also crack down on my staff as well. I can't do everything myself at an event this size.

Also I believe I have a spot for one more commentator. So far our list is:

1. Myself
2. WTP (haven't asked but you'll do it)
3. TO Joe
4. Clowsui
5. MJG (haven't confirmed but i'd like you to do it..hmu)
6. ????

Still debating on that last person.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Everything Derek says needs to taken to heart people. The staff had a 2 hour convo yesterday, we are ready for this. The stream is working and looking phenomenally and the TO staff has come up with solutions to a majority of the problems that can arise.

Lets begin building for hype for this. I'll be getting an Article up on AiB sometime next week. So lets get Hyped!

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
yeah pretty much what derek said. me, rob, xatic, jtsm, derek and ori all spent at least 1.5 hours as a group talking about it lol (before i went to play zinoto on wifi:088: )

i'm inching closer to 100% confirmation

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I'll commentate if no one is at some point, I did well at RoS commentary after I ask the OKAY to whoever is in charge.

But yeah we running this ****. Derek will have more time to play this time :denzel:

OoS people like Seagull etc.if I were you, I would play people instead of commentary but that's your choice, just what I would do lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll commentate if no one is at some point, I did well at RoS commentary after I ask the OKAY to whoever is in charge.

But yeah we running this ****. Derek will have more time to play this time :denzel:

OoS people like Seagull etc.if I were you, I would play people instead of commentary but that's your choice, just what I would do lol
You're right Elliot.

Can I commentate any :wolf: (Kain, Xatic, etc...) matches though? I like giving input on a subject I'm well aware of.

:018:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I think I may be able to come to this since I will be in the area randomly. Like 80% chance.

If so, I'd love to commentate, here's some of my recent commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ohF-r2jZcs . Being able to possibly commentate is like half the reason I wanna come lol. Otherwise I wanna see/meet cool Midwest people.

ZTD | TECHnology

If Keitaro attends he is definitely on Commentator Status.

If so:

Main Commentators:

1. Tech_Chase
2. What's the Point
3. Toronto Joe
4. MJG
5. Clowsui
6. Keitaro

Backup/Guest Commentators (Ill let you guys do a few):

7. Seagull Joe
8. Zinoto
9. Mikey (he is very knowledgable)

Keitaro, I hope you can make it!

Man, can get possibly get anymore hype?!

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Tech take your name off that list it doesn't go there. Your the head of this giant event you won't have time to sit down let alone comentate

And if I see you comentating I'm going to ask you if there isn't some TO duty you should be doing

Roller

Smash Legend
i may come down to say hi to everyone.

hope thats ok ^^;;
Would you be driving? I'm contemplating coming from NJ if I can find a way that doesn't involve breaking the bank...
Tech take your name off that list it doesn't go there. Your the head of this giant event you won't have time to sit down let alone comentate

And if I see you comentating I'm going to ask you if there isn't some TO duty you should be doing
I actually agree with DRDN. No offense Tech, but you were probably the biggest reason the tourney ran so far over last time. And that was with me and Xatic making all the pools and you not worrying about commentating..

You're not a bad commentator, but I really think you need to see an event finish close to the allotted time before you decide you'll be able to help out with extraneous activities...

ZTD | TECHnology

**** both of you, I'm commentating at least one set.

:awesome:

And neither one of you are telling anything I don't know. I said id do commentary last time and I didn't have time to. I won't do it if I feel like there are other things I can be working on that I specifically need to do. But I do plan on letting Gifts ir someone take the reigns for a brief moment so I can have my fun. If things are run correctly, ill be able to do so. Last tournament things feel behind because of me being so far into doubles which was not an extracurrcular activity. If I'm not doing tournament and there's something to do I do it. Only then, will I do my fun stuff. If there's too much to do then obviously ill take care of those.

When do you people ever see me do friendlies or MMs during tournament?

No offense but I'm the last person you need to tell this to.

So DRDN: Stop backseat TOing and focus on getting a ride first. I'm not irresponsble. I WILL have my cake and eat it too.

Roller: ...just focus on getting out of NJ for this lol

DRDN

Smash Master
YoooOOoooo I will make sure you keep to that

Nothing against you but Im tired of seeing every tourney having problems and would LOVE for MI to be the first place to run good tourneys.

I want everyone who leaves to only say the bad thing about the tournwey was how they played against so and so.... no more "it ran too late" "there werent enough setups" "They seeded it terribly"

honestly can you name 1 tourney that didnt have any of the above 3? I know Tech CAN do it but it may cost him his fun being a TO is work and he knows it he may just have to block out some of the fun to show it

and then once its done alex will know how to make APEX work right :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Ally's post made me laugh really hard for some reason.

And DRDN, I do not need a babysitter. I got this. If I run this right, I'm rewarded with my own free time. If not, then I accept the responsibilities and have to work like a slave.

DRDN

Smash Master
Ally's post made me laugh really hard for some reason.

And DRDN, I do not need a babysitter. I got this. If I run this right, I'm rewarded with my own free time. If not, then I accept the responsibilities and have to work like a slave.
im on your stream staff thats why ill mention something LOL

but I would also like to add the fact that I am facing Gifts in a MM

tech has 50 on gifts winning
Zinoto has 5 on gifts

Ive accpeted both those who else wants to give me their money?

DRDN

Smash Master
**** ally called me out on my vague MM offer

well 5 bucks :random: vs :random: all non custom stages on :random:

tech lol yeah z\xatic asked me to help and im more then willing just need to find that ride

who am i housing? im sure with all these people coming the hour from my place will be so much better then where they come from...and i can have a sf before

btw anyone else want to put money on Gifts so I have a decent shot of winning it can take it

Zinoto

Smash Lord
**** ally called me out on my vague MM offer

well 5 bucks :random: vs :random: all non custom stages on :random:

tech lol yeah z\xatic asked me to help and im more then willing just need to find that ride

who am i housing? im sure with all these people coming the hour from my place will be so much better then where they come from...and i can have a sf before
Wait you're supposed to MM Gifts :snake: your :diddy: with a normal ruleset, none of this jank ****.

Top Bottom