• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Fro I'll practice with you later this week yeah?

I don't really want to leave my house right now I'm seriously half asleep already and I don't want to cross the bridge and go all the way to Rancho Viejo just to go to bed. lol

Also if I did go I wouldn't take a Wii. It's Vickey's Wii and I would have to ask him, and he's fast asleep. I have taken his Wii without asking him before and it's a fight I would rather avoid.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
hey rei, if we were to try to get a tourney going at tamuk how many people do you think would join from band?
it would probably depend on how much it cost, everybody seems to be real pinche with their money. i think a good estimate might be 10. we should make it happen. when and where? i was thinking about that today, actually.

Reizilla

well, nobody would know what "standard" was. maybe i'll say "only" muahahaha.
derk, we'll discuss this on aim or something, hit me up whenever you're around and we should make something happen up here for sure.

Broly

Smash Lord
pick a good date cuz smash weekends are booked 4 tournys.

oct 3- hobo

last weeken of oct- bf7

nov 7- batb3

mid november- out of state tourny which im planning to go to last4

Reizilla

i saw that too, vorgy.

i can't host a tourney up here until nov 14 anyway, broly.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
OMG SO N E WAYZ GUYS NO MORE Q Qs

Look, chill the fk out. PleasE!!!

Melee was not in BATB last year, and it is NOT going to be in it this year either. You can complain and cry but thats reality. Realistically, if as many people show up that did last year I really believe that Brawl Singles + Doubles will run out the time. I am not going to commit to something that might not happen, especially 'if SA would be coming' (LOL)

As far as 'a slap in the face' Give me a fkn break.

1. This is not my tournament. I am a merely a extension of DJ in this event trying to help him make sure it goes smoothly. If he thinks that the time won't make it then he isn't going to run it, AND I AGREE WITH HIM. Regardless of the LAN center being open late there is still no realistic way of saying that I could guarentee the events finishing on time. EVEN IN HARLINGEN we barely finished Brawl SINGLES AND NO DOUBLES WERE RAN by 10PM!!!! I would like to see Melee in as well, but thats the way it goes. You can expect it at BF or at MY future tournaments but not in this one, and RIGHTFULLY SO.

2. 3RD STRIKE AND CVS2 ARE NOT IN HERE, ALONG WITH OTHER 2D 'CLASSIC GAMES' Thats just life. People want those games in and the community is just too small for them at this point. What, Melee MIGHT have 10 people at MOST just like CvS and 3s. It is small, and it is not new. No offense, but I can see the rationality in not running it. While extremly classic, its just not current.

3. H8 ON ME PLZ because the only REAL reason I tried for Melee in the first place was for BROLY AND PAX. SORRY GUYS ITS NOT GOING TO BE IN. I thought it would have been in the bag, but no cigar, oh well, plz crticize me MORE!!!!!

4. BLITZ IS NOT REPLACING MELEE. A 8 man tournament run SINGLE ELIMINATION STYLE short quarters and ON ONE TV is not to be seen as replacing Melee. I see this game as 'classic' in the arcade scene along with the 2D games that cut this generations teeth, and that is why it is in here, purely for nostalgic and fun **** talk. Thats just my take on it, and I can promise that THERE WILL BE 8 people in it and others that wished they got in on the action.

Once again, sorry, but quit whining so much. I really hope you all come to BATB (and I'm sure most of you will i.e. PAX + BROLY AND FRO -Cloud as you are more Melee than Brawl) especially with the pot bonus. I promise it will still be a good turnout and fun times. But take it easy and calm down. If you really have a dispute after this and beef then you can PM Jim about it. I'm SORRY TO THE 3-4 EXCLUSIVE MELEE PLAYERS IN THE VALLEY.

<3

Vorguen

Smash Champion
BF7 is going to be October 31st, Halloween day, so let me update first post.

Shank I agree with your statements and you have my full support. If Melee can't happen it can't happen and I will show up no matter what with as many negros as possible. :)

<3

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
well, nobody would know what "standard" was. maybe i'll say "only" muahahaha.
derk, we'll discuss this on aim or something, hit me up whenever you're around and we should make something happen up here for sure.
yea no one here would know what "standard tourney fees" are lol. anytime theres a tourney here its always at like a gamecrazy or gamestop, which means its a free tourney for fun with gay rules and no prizes. i doubt we should have a venue fee cause its gonna be at the school. but yea idk..... ill get a hold of you later.

oh yea and i prolly wont be able to make it to bf7 if its on halloween

and another thing. im a smash ace now???? lmao wow

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice

Shank I agree with your statements and you have my full support. If Melee can't happen it can't happen and I will show up no matter what with as many negros as possible. :)

<3
i lufff u!

teach me to be secksy

Broly

Smash Lord
OMG SO N E WAYZ GUYS NO MORE Q Qs

Look, chill the fk out. PleasE!!!

Melee was not in BATB last year, and it is NOT going to be in it this year either. You can complain and cry but thats reality. Realistically, if as many people show up that did last year I really believe that Brawl Singles + Doubles will run out the time. I am not going to commit to something that might not happen, especially 'if SA would be coming' (LOL)

As far as 'a slap in the face' Give me a fkn break.

1. This is not my tournament. I am a merely a extension of DJ in this event trying to help him make sure it goes smoothly. If he thinks that the time won't make it then he isn't going to run it, AND I AGREE WITH HIM. Regardless of the LAN center being open late there is still no realistic way of saying that I could guarentee the events finishing on time. EVEN IN HARLINGEN we barely finished Brawl SINGLES AND NO DOUBLES WERE RAN by 10PM!!!! I would like to see Melee in as well, but thats the way it goes. You can expect it at BF or at MY future tournaments but not in this one, and RIGHTFULLY SO.

2. 3RD STRIKE AND CVS2 ARE NOT IN HERE, ALONG WITH OTHER 2D 'CLASSIC GAMES' Thats just life. People want those games in and the community is just too small for them at this point. What, Melee MIGHT have 10 people at MOST just like CvS and 3s. It is small, and it is not new. No offense, but I can see the rationality in not running it. While extremly classic, its just not current.

3. H8 ON ME PLZ because the only REAL reason I tried for Melee in the first place was for BROLY AND PAX. SORRY GUYS ITS NOT GOING TO BE IN. I thought it would have been in the bag, but no cigar, oh well, plz crticize me MORE!!!!!

4. BLITZ IS NOT REPLACING MELEE. A 8 man tournament run SINGLE ELIMINATION STYLE short quarters and ON ONE TV is not to be seen as replacing Melee. I see this game as 'classic' in the arcade scene along with the 2D games that cut this generations teeth, and that is why it is in here, purely for nostalgic and fun **** talk. Thats just my take on it, and I can promise that THERE WILL BE 8 people in it and others that wished they got in on the action.

Once again, sorry, but quit whining so much. I really hope you all come to BATB (and I'm sure most of you will i.e. PAX + BROLY AND FRO -Cloud as you are more Melee than Brawl) especially with the pot bonus. I promise it will still be a good turnout and fun times. But take it easy and calm down. If you really have a dispute after this and beef then you can PM Jim about it. I'm SORRY TO THE 3-4 EXCLUSIVE MELEE PLAYERS IN THE VALLEY.

<3
well, i believe melee wasnt in last year because of brawls release. im not whining about it, im arguing for a great games presence. MVC2 is an OLD game yet still makes it every year to popular demand. we dont really give a dam anyways, we will take melee games n play them at the venue or somewhere more comporable. i will pm demon jim cos ive attended every batb and ive brought many players to it.

<3
this might be a huge problem, but ill see as it gets closer to the date. i really think bf7 should be later like in november or just go to rei's tourny. think about it.

we got 31st then batb then rei's consecutively. thats bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom