• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I WILL BE HOUSING FOR THIS EVENT.

An hour away from the venue about, most likely will be housing most of FL. I'm an hour away from the venue so its not too far, but worth it if you don't want an overcrowded place to stay. Contact me for any further info.
I'll be housing Florida too :)

Wobbling itself isn't that broken. It's more of a safetynet Imo. Getting the grab is kinda hard on good players who know the matchup. UNLIKE YOU MANGO, MOST PEOPLE DONT lolololol.

90% of smashers don't know the IC matchup. This is why wobbling is looked at as broken, people don't know how to counter it. Overall, it should be banned. Theres no reason for an infinite to be legal when it has plenty of room for abuse.
90% is an exaggeration and even if that was true, I know I fall in that 10% lol.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hey mango your **** is leaking, ill be sure to bring a towel to this for you, dont want people slipping on your pvssy sweat cuz that ****s a safety hazard
dont see what that has to do with ne thing

i was asking an honest question

looks like whoever beat mango at rom 2

didnt win the tourney

interesting

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i think wobbling should be banned cuz chu wobbled me to 999% twice in a row, won because of it (stalled to timer), and at tourneyplay 4 or 3 in friendlies sidefx was beating my marth by wobbling me 4 times in a row. I am biased but I think the reward is way too great for the skill it takes, 1 grab being death is far easier than it is to do in brawl imo. I feel like it's way easier to get the grab in melee

LLDL

Smash Hero
i think wobbling should be banned cuz chu wobbled me to 999% twice in a row, won because of it (stalled to timer), and at tourneyplay 4 or 3 in friendlies sidefx was beating my marth by wobbling me 4 times in a row. I am biased but I think the reward is way too great for the skill it takes, 1 grab being death is far easier than it is to do in brawl imo. I feel like it's way easier to get the grab in melee
lol i thought i wasnt comin bro. Changed ur mind?

Personally i don't think wobbling should be banned, because i know i wont get one in my bracket lol but I see where you're coming from m2k. But i think it is far easier to take stocks off an ice climber or separate nana than it is for them to grab a high level player so i think it's even and justifies the wobble.

strawhats

Smash Master
there is 0% chance I will be at this unfortunately

i already told you guys im retired. I just enter stuff when there is also brawl there because why not. Sorry =(
lol you're "retired" alright. But seriously this might encourage more brawl + melee tourneys (just to lure you in) ;)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
M2K was bringing up the stalling argument, and wobbling should not be allowed to stall with. This is easily fixed by mandating that wobbles end at 200%. That way no wobble can last longer than 10 or 15 seconds aka not a stall.

M2K, SideFX going even with you is also not a reason to ban something. With that logic you should shoot for banning rest =X

Alukard, gentlemans rule? If they do not ask for it to be banned before the set begins, it is legal for that set, yeah?

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
M2K was bringing up the stalling argument, and wobbling should not be allowed to stall with. This is easily fixed by mandating that wobbles end at 200%. That way no wobble can last longer than 10 or 15 seconds aka not a stall.

M2K, SideFX going even with you is also not a reason to ban something. With that logic you should shoot for banning rest =X

Alukard, gentlemans rule? If they do not ask for it to be banned before the set begins, it is legal for that set, yeah?
Its already banned indefinitely before both players start the match. YOU'RE the one that has to mention to your opponent if its cool for you to wobble them in your set. Don't play that mindgame son that you're gonna hope they don't say anything about it or completely forget about telling you that they don't want to be wobbled before the set begins, just so you can wobble them LOL. So yeah, wobbling is only allowed if the player who wants it asks his opponent and they don't give a f*ck lol. If nothing is said between the two, then its still banned as always.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Its already banned indefinitely before both players start the match. YOU'RE the one that has to mention to your opponent if its cool for you to wobble them in your set. Don't play that mindgame son that you're gonna hope they don't say anything about it or completely forget about telling you that they don't want to be wobbled before the set begins, just so you can wobble them LOL. So yeah, wobbling is only allowed if the player who wants it asks his opponent and they don't give a f*ck lol. If nothing is said between the two, then its still banned as always.
"SOOOO just have the gentlemens rule
if an IC's player plays u and u say u cant wobble then u cant"

This is the actual rule. Unless they say you cant, you can for that set. It is a mindgame I guess.

Yeah, rest is much more bannable than wobbling. The biggest point being that Jigglypuffs actually WIN TOURNAMENTS so perhaps it might be broken. ICs never win big tournaments even with wobbling (when banned for stalling) so it obviously is not gamebreaking.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I think wobbling should be allowed for at least three tilt iterations, if not more. That way one grab is not necessarily a stock, and yet it allows ICs players to take advantage of the mechanism in a fair way.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i love how everytime you hear

people arguing about wobbling

its never the good ic players

its always the mediorce ones

S l o X

Smash Champion
loooooooool

wobbling.

nobodys gonna agree to wobbling when they want to win . . . at least in tourney sets. and if you wobble in friendlies you suck.

pretty much.

hype for this.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
i love how everytime you hear

people arguing about wobbling

its never the good ic players

its always the mediorce ones

This is cold, lol. Mediocre for now, I say.

The good ones used to, but they are just worn out. Wobbles and Fly are still salty about it and the stigma it puts on IC players, they just have argued it enough.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i will look into more about this wobbling crap ... but seriously its kinda gay that i have to ...

i like my melee because there isn't dum **** like that "omg he grabbed me ... anywhere ... i'm .... DEAD?!?!?!?!"

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
define gay...

getting shined spiked at 0?
falling through the stage of pokemon stadium?
kirbycides?
getting rested out of a dthrow -> knee?
phantom hits?

theres alot of gay **** in smash,
it's all relative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom