• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
all the **** is so much more situational then getting a grab
There are AT LEAST 5, maybe 10 guaranteed Rest setups that are less situational than the ICs getting a grab. Hungrybox was purposely shieldpoke resting people in tournament matches last weekend -___- Then, he would Rest people out of their Rest punishment, and he says it works about a quarter of the time. I've seen it work like half the time he tries it vs Sheik. -_____-

For god's sake spacies can Fsmash onto the front of the ICs shield and they can't get the grab.

You can Rest out of that though =D

Roman.

Smash Champion
There are AT LEAST 5, maybe 10 guaranteed Rest setups that are less situational than the ICs getting a grab. Hungrybox was purposely shieldpoke resting people in tournament matches last weekend -___- Then, he would Rest people out of their Rest punishment, and he says it works about a quarter of the time. I've seen it work like half the time he tries it vs Sheik. -_____-

For god's sake spacies can Fsmash onto the front of the ICs shield and they can't get the grab.

You can Rest out of that though =D
oh sorry, my post was only reflecting macman's...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
oh sorry, my post was only reflecting macman's...
"getting shined spiked at 0?"
Getting shine spiked at <10% will always happen more than the ICs getting a successful low% wobble.

"falling through the stage of pokemon stadium?"
Okay this rarely happens, so lets replace it with "getting battlefielded" which happens about 1/10 ledgegrab attempts. Not situational at all.

"kirbycides?"
I saw Dorkrain get kirbycided last weekend.

"getting rested out of a dthrow -> knee?"
Puff can rest Falcon out of dthrow -> knee almost every time it is attempted. It is nearly impossible for falcon to get there quick enough and still be accurate with the knee.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol i was just pointing out the various different things that can be considered gay and is in this game.

wobbling isn't broken because you'd have to get grabbed 4 times to lose a game to it. A stock is worth only 25% of you HP so to speak. In other fighting games there are infinites/combos that take more than half your life bar. But noone considers them broken.

WHy isn't rest banned? It's arguably less situational and kills at earlier percents than a grab from ICs.

****, i really didn't wanna get into this conversation. **** ice climbers lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol gotta love that melee mentality

"Yeah, we play to win...as long as it looks cool."

Never change lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
define gay...

getting shined spiked at 0?
falling through the stage of pokemon stadium?
kirbycides?
getting rested out of a dthrow -> knee?
phantom hits?

theres alot of gay **** in smash,
it's all relative
u can easily avoid getting shined

lol

dont go to the kirby dumb ****

dont knee and bait out the rest scrub

phantom hits arent supposed 2 hit means u spaced it super duper

none of that **** is certain

but you WILL get grabbed

no matter how good u is

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Because NONE of these people are PC Jona

obvi

for an icies player your kinda dumb

thought u had to be smart to play with 2 chars at once

Alukard

Smash Hero
define gay...

kirbycides?
phantom hits?

it's all relative
i was going to sayyy ALL OF THIS ... VVVV

u can easily avoid getting shined

lol

dont go to the kirby dumb ****

dont knee and bait out the rest scrub

none of that **** is certain

but you WILL get grabbed

no matter how good u is
i guess i have the "melee mentality" then ... cuz wobbling is gay... i will abuse my power and ban IC'z now if u keep ****ing talking about this crap in my thread ... and i'll probably lose like 4 players total

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
sorry Mango but I have to disagree with this one. Phantom hits are supposed to hit. The hitboxes are touching each other with no space in between. I have memorized %s for Marth vs Fox and with forward DI you can up throw up tilt Fox to 35% without needing to walk forward. One time I did this at 31% (more than once) and it phantom hit. I think phantom hits were supposed to hit rather than the other way around.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
sorry Mango but I have to disagree with this one. Phantom hits are supposed to hit. The hitboxes are touching each other with no space in between. I have memorized %s for Marth vs Fox and with forward DI you can up throw up tilt Fox to 35% without needing to walk forward. One time I did this at 31% (more than once) and it phantom hit. I think phantom hits were supposed to hit rather than the other way around.
Its just a matter of saying whether the boundary line is "in" or "out". The game just says "eh I'll give you each somethin."

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hmmm

i cant argue with u

loool

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
define gay...

kirbycides?
phantom hits?

it's all relative
kinda agreed but there are something in your list that yo are comparing that are 100% avoidable and some that are variant with the game. technically phantom hits, falling threw seal and PS are 100% avoidable. theres no action by the other player that says.......oh snap fastfall thru there and no action by the opponent that says, oh **** Ima make you phantom hit me. On the other hand shine spikes etc are intentional in some sort of way. to make your point stronger you shouldjust use the likeness of shine spiking, rest out of Dthrow knee.

rest of knee isnt that gay, its falcons fault. getting shined is kinda the persons fault too. getting grabbed is the persons fault too. from that standpoint one may say that I am down for wobbling but in reality I dun care. I just plan on winning and beating everyone. THATS THE BEST WAY TO GO INTO A TOURNEY!!!!!!!! =) yea!:p

hmmm

i cant argue with u

loool
I happy for you...

but m2k is one of the best statistical analyst of all time..ALL TIME!! *shrugs*....*walks away*

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if anyone knows more than m2k its magus.(just throwing that out there)

but anyone who spaces well and runs upon landing airials shouldnt have a big problem w/ wobbling. i personally dont think its broken. although it isnt our decision. alukard is to and his word is rule.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
but anyone who spaces well and runs upon landing airials shouldnt have a big problem w/ wobbling. .
not true try that against a good IC and they'll punish. one multiple occassions I ve seenc hu WD out of shield behind an opponent after an aerial like how you described, to get jab > grabbed/grabbed

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i know. a GOOD IC player can adapt and react to good spacing. when someone is that much better than u it doesnt matter if its a garunteed kill w/ wobbling or a cg because chances are ul prolly lose a stock if u get grabbed by a good icy player.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
chances are ul prolly lose a stock if u get grabbed by a good icy player.

are you suggesting that chances are, a good ICY player will kill you from a grab no matter the percent/stage/character or positioning?

if so...
how? nothing IC do from grab is guaranteed/unavoidable and/or multi situational on every cast member so like im not seeing it. the closest thing to fit the criteria of the latter(which actually does in the eyes of some) is wobbling

PEEF!

Smash Hero
ICs can do alot of guaranteed/unavoidable stuff.

Sheik for example, can get dthrow CGed to 80, then charge Fsmash or Usmash for the kill/easy edgeguard, and you can start it at 0. Technically it is better than wobbling.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i didnt mean that literally.. i meant a good icy player who is better than their opponent is prolly gonna have big reward off getting a grab.

ur also coming off as a troll and i aint tryin to be a billy goat trip trappin on yo bridge.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ICs can do alot of guaranteed/unavoidable stuff.

Sheik for example, can get dthrow CGed to 80, then charge Fsmash or Usmash for the kill/easy edgeguard, and you can start it at 0. Technically it is better than wobbling.

how? nothing IC do from grab is guaranteed/unavoidable and/or multi situational on every cast member so like im not seeing it
im making a correction that is more forward in my point. however lunar clearly stated that he wasnt trying to insinuate such a statement so i guess IM being retro active.

Alukard

Smash Hero
it doesn't matter cuz in the end ... its still banned ... idgaf

=]

keep it up peef next its ur human body ^_^

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
As opposed to chain grabbing with Sheik, which is really cool. <3 Plank

Lol. I main ICs, and I even think wobbling is dumb. It's useful for winning matches, though. xD

PEEF!

Smash Hero
It's certainly not all that fun (not a real factor), but as Chival said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom