• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Rochester Results 10/24 VIDS ARE UP!

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Playing you was a lot of fun dude. I know we got at each others throats after Buffalo, but I'm willing to lay that aside because you are chill and funny.

The problem is, ROM is next month, so a lot of us will be prepping for that, and it will be hard to find a free weekend now for it. With Jesse not there, I doubt he would let people not going to ROM use his apartment for a tournament he won't be crushing.
Same! My impression of you actually changed when you were talking to me in a respectable manner at Jesse's, without me having to initiate. It takes balls to do that, and a lot of people don't, because they can't put their pride aside. I was actually thinking to myself that I must have gotten the wrong impression of you because I was drunk, lol. And obviously forum posts don't do an actual conversation justice (no pun intended).

Reiterating again: Whoever got me sick, I will f*** you up I swear to god. I'm seriously getting pissed off.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
+1 sick count. Wash your hands til they're bloody stumps guys, seriously.

-As for AIR, I dunno. Gave me a great match in singles for my first tourney, really put my IC game to the max (read: blizzard, lots.) I'll def want to get that match vid, even if only 'cuz it's my only recorded tourney EXP. Though, my teams matches were good stuff too.

*leaves for coughdrops*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as far as regular tourneys go, im down for setting them up, as long as people are behind it and keep showing up. But I have to kinda pander toward the greater number of people. we only had about 20 people per event. and that for a first, coming out style tournament. proceeding regular tournaments never have the same attendance as the first coming out tourney.

so eventually the regular tourneys will dwindle down to numbers that make it no longer feasible to run tourneys. the more you spread them out, the more incentive people have to come. because if you have a tourney every two weeks, people are more likely to say "meh, i got some shopping to do... ill hit the next one"

not to mention the fact that not everyones schedule is as flexible as me and jesses. and some people like bry and pikapika, need to be notified at least a month in advance in order to come out to tournaments.

and than add in the fact that like I said, a third of the attendance, was kids from RIT and i dont think I need to remind anybody in here, that college kids are usually tight on money. this was also the main reasoning behind my 5 bucks per event and no venue fee decision.

so basically, me, jesse, and even goodies and some others, are doing everything we can to build this into a strong community, but you gotta realise mah dood, that rome wasnt built in a day.

few side notes.
I THINK I know who the original sick person was, but in fear for his safety in addition to my not being 100% sure, Im not gonna name drop.
and no, it wasnt me, I very rarely get sick.

specifically @ cura, can you give us a link to the vids, or a link to a thread containing the vids?
the same goes for cross and alterian. i know they had lots of recordings too.

altairian

Smash Lord
My replays were given to Cura to record, as I don't have recording equipment (yet). Ironically, I forgot to save my own replays for the match I played on my wii -_-

Step up your immune system guys, I was sitting right next to a sick person for all of the brawl finals and I'm fine :p

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
-Some of us depend on allnight HW runs and cruddy food altairian. My normally top-tier immune system got nerfed by college.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
-Some of us depend on allnight HW runs and cruddy food altairian. My normally top-tier immune system got nerfed by college.
Why would you show up sick? It's an a-hole move that can ruin potential relationships.

PS: Handwashing doesn't help against something that's transmitted through RESPIRATORY DROPLETS.

PSS: Some of us actually have schedules that often don't allow us to get the full 8 hours of sleep, and can't miss school, and we can't afford to be sick, because not getting 12 hours of sleep a day gets us even more sick. So we're forced to either man up and not get well until winter break which will be spent in bed, with the sickness having lead to a lower retention of learned material and performance on exams and a drop of GPA, or quit work borrow money to try and get well, which isn't even a guarantee, because we still have to go to school everyday, and how the f*** do you find a job again during this recession?

Seriously, whoever got me sick...f*** you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
calm down guy, you madd quick to jump to conclusions right now.

not to mention youre sick and angry and its probably affecting your judgement.

he never said that he came to the venue sick, he said he got sick from the venue because his immune system isnt as good as it used to be. due to college. make sure you read and understand fully before jumping to conclusions.

we dont need this to be the 3 straight results thread with moonshine drama lul.

altairian

Smash Lord
Why would you show up sick? It's an a-hole move that can ruin potential relationships.

PS: Handwashing doesn't help against something that's transmitted through RESPIRATORY DROPLETS.
Why is a cold such a big deal to you? It happens, if it doesn't happen at a tournament then it'll happen at work, or at class, or anywhere really. It's a tad melodramatic to say giving someone a cold is going to ruin a potential relationship lol

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Why is a cold such a big deal to you? It happens, if it doesn't happen at a tournament then it'll happen at work, or at class, or anywhere really. It's a tad melodramatic to say giving someone a cold is going to ruin a potential relationship lol
If you show up KNOWING that you're sick and it's contagious, you're an a-hole, it's just like if you borrow a friend's car, and rear end his other car. The quality of yourself as a person is the same in both situations.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you show up KNOWING that you're sick and it's contagious, you're an a-hole, it's just like if you borrow a friend's car, and rear end his other car. The quality of yourself as a person is the same in both situations.

This discussion is now over.

nobody respond to this post or any other posts on this subject.

i know theres people that havent done their shout outs yet....

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

All: Can't wait to see you at the next one. GGs to all the people I played.

San (IKE!): Congrats on another win, and thanks for never being a douche. :D Your comment about Goggles definitely threw me off. I was laughing all the way home. :p I'm not sure if you're hitting up any huge tourneys, but I wanna go to that one when ya do.

PikaPika! (Mk/Pika): I didn't see a lot of your Pikachu this time. Don't hate on my sandwiches.
Of utmost prominence:"You guys, I'm hungry... What're we gonna do about this?"

JesiahTEG (Snake): Thanks for hosting. You're a doll for letting everyone stay and smash. Good games. ugh.. snake :O Cura does not beat me. :p

XXX (Wario): Awesome Wario. Teams were fun. Go to more tourneys.

KIDGoggles (Sonic/MK): Don't take it personal - I'm mean to people I'm cool with. :p No more hanen. please.

PDiddy (Diddy): Great job this tourney! your Diddy's getting better so quickly. LOL at the car ride home.

Minh (Snake/MK?) UGH. SNAKE. (you make me want to pick up a secondary)

Altarian: Nice to see you again! we didn't play our 10k friendlies this time!

Steffon: You's a funny dude. Sorry if I didn't spell your name right.

Nice meeting the rest of you. Can't say that I got sick, but I hope those of you that did feel better very soon. Thanks to everyone for making this tourney a fun one - and for not stepping on me when I was sleeping.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I want everyone to know that i as of today am officially declared as sick. Caught it from whoever was at the tournament. I am currently still uploading vidz and im posting them on first page as we speak. Only got doubles up will have singles by the end of the might. Melee that is. Then ill try and get the brawl upload soon.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
-_-'

This hurts. Right here. I bet I'm the only one who was incorrectly linked to the tournament thread. Is that fair?

No, not fair. Flavio hates you all.
Nah, it's cool. But it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Goggs, youtube and smashboards have NOTHING in common XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the record, i was in such a hurry to get the link to people that i didnt realise that some YT link was in my copy.

i also tried to get dudutsai to show up at the last minute and i gave him the wrong link as well.

either way. ill make sure both of you make it to the next one.

@ eevee, you madddd cold, lol. you know you always cool with me. But what the hell did san say about me?

also, im sick too. i woke up with a sore throat, but its all good, im getting a lot of water, im making soup as we speak, and im resting with lots of warm covers to sweat it out. I already feel like 10 times better than i did when i woke up. I should be almost 100% by tomorrow.

also for anyone that got sick, i blame jesse, for closing the sliding glass door every time I opened it. and as a result, preventing proper air flow from getting throughout the apt. not only that. but I left my fan over there...

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
@ eevee, you madddd cold, lol. you know you always cool with me. But what the hell did san say about me?
Lol relax. I like fruit. :D san and i were discussing your tardiness. He then proceeded to say, "He's so black" Or something along those lines.

It threw me off because San does not fulfill the stereotype and he illustrated very blatantly that you do.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman

This discussion is now over.

nobody respond to this post or any other posts on this subject.

i know theres people that havent done their shout outs yet....
Dude...lol. No backseat modding please.

also, im sick too. i woke up with a sore throat, but its all good, im getting a lot of water, im making soup as we speak, and im resting with lots of warm covers to sweat it out. I already feel like 10 times better than i did when i woke up. I should be almost 100% by tomorrow.

also for anyone that got sick, i blame jesse, for closing the sliding glass door every time I opened it. and as a result, preventing proper air flow from getting throughout the apt. not only that. but I left my fan over there...
Yeah, see? That f***er got you sick too. Aint he an a**hole?

I blame whoever showed up f***ing sick despite knowing it's contagious and knowing that a smash tournament isn't something that you NEED to show up to. Now he's a f***ing wussy and won't even man up and come forward. Obviously we know what type of character we're dealing with.

Jesse, seriously find out who it is and ban him from visiting your house in the future. If you wanna be an a-hole, Typhoid Mary, then maybe the WNY smash community can make you into a reject leper that won't be welcome at future tournaments. I don't think "no name dropping" is a proper course of action to take. People need to know who not to be friends with and avoid.

Between today and yesterday, I ate 9 cloves of garlic, took a crapload of vitamins, downed a bottle of Niquil, and took off of work to sleep, and I STILL got worse. GRRRRRRRR

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Hmmm, well I'm definitely interested in the next one you guys do, even though I haven't played in a month XD. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Speaking on behalf of anyone in any situation that is like this, I wouldn't want to come forward either. You were throwing out threats, and calling them an A hole as if their intention was to get you sick. There's a such thing a reletivity, and sickness is a type of reletivity, perhaps this person thought they were well enough to come to the tournament. Feeling better doesn't necessarily mean the person isn't contagious, but it's not like it was intention.

In truth, you're being the real A-hole, all of the things in your most recent post were all uncalled for. I don't blame the person for not coming out, hell, they probably don't even know it was them. There could've been more than one sick person you know, considering how large the turnout was. I wouldn't come out and say that I was sick at the tournament if I had to deal with crap that will likely be worse than what you've already said.

Also, the discussion should just be closed, because now you're just overreacting, and up until this post.(which you will likely bicker with anyway) you've honestly had no reason to go off the wall like you have. You've blown this whole things way out of proportion. I can understand that fact that you're upset about being sick, but completely flipping out, and flamming the crap out of people won't solve anything, it'll just make people act more bitterly toward you in the long run.

altairian

Smash Lord
I've never seen someone get so upset about a cold. It's truly remarkable. Are you really that unable to function with a stuffy nose and a cough?

ssbbfalcoxxx

Smash Cadet
brawl vids plzz i need to see wen niel gets gimped by a granade lol

wat happend to the brawl vids. goggles u told me they would be on i been waiting for them. plzz put them on i wanna see them so bad!!! and to everyone that was at T.E.G's house GGs San; ur way to good lol T.E.G; ur a master. Niel; thanx for the burger lol. next time everyone tell goggles to keep his shirt buttoned lol thats why i really lost lol. to everyone i forgot GGs and i love u all lol we most deff gotta do that again soon!!! BRAWL VIDS PLZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREATEST WARIO IN THE ****ING WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen someone get so upset about a cold. It's truly remarkable. Are you really that unable to function with a stuffy nose and a cough?
Well, fever, headaches, fatigue make it suck exponentially more. I have an aftertaste of blood from couching now also.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
are you sure you didn't get H1N1 from some other source? i can tell by how intense you're getting that's a rough ****ing sickness, get checked out bro

i've had ear pain since before the tournament but it's not really illness i think there's just fluid or something

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
are you sure you didn't get H1N1 from some other source? i can tell by how intense you're getting that's a rough ****ing sickness, get checked out bro

i've had ear pain since before the tournament but it's not really illness i think there's just fluid or something
I know it's just my crappy immune system from chronic lack of sleep. I feel somewhat better for a few hours now after getting good sleep, and as a result my anger diminished.

Thanks for the concern :)

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
wat happend to the brawl vids. goggles u told me they would be on i been waiting for them. plzz put them on i wanna see them so bad!!! and to everyone that was at T.E.G's house GGs San; ur way to good lol T.E.G; ur a master. Niel; thanx for the burger lol. next time everyone tell goggles to keep his shirt buttoned lol thats why i really lost lol. to everyone i forgot GGs and i love u all lol we most deff gotta do that again soon!!! BRAWL VIDS PLZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have some vids, just need to record and upload them. The only thing preventing me from doing so at the moment would be this 10 page term paper due by midnight.

Normally I would have done it the day after, but I got sick with a fever so I had to stay in bed the whole day (fever+lack of vitality+exhaustion. Plus my medical condition makes a simple cold much more severe to me).

Top Bottom