• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Rochester Results 10/24 VIDS ARE UP!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Melee Singles

1. JesiahTEG (Marth)
2. PikaPika! (Sheik)
3. Knee of Justice (Falco)
4. Marx (Marth)
5. BetaBahamut (Sheik)
5. The Manalord (Falcon)
7. KID Goggles (Ganon)
7. The General (Peach)
9. SK/Cura (Puff)
9. Artery Clogger (Dr Mario)
9. Goodies (Peach)
9. Minh (Marth)
13. Cin
13. Lenca
13. San
13. Pyro
17. PinPoint
17. Soma Ghost
17. Erk
17. Dagr
17. Nick
25. Will

Melee Doubles

1. Misty's Starmie (KoJ and JesiahTEG)
2. Statutory (KIDGoggles And PinPoint)
3. Blasian Returns (Minh And The General)
4. Vanila Thunder ( Cura And Goodies)
5. Gosu (Cin and Lenca)
5. Hoop The winnie (The ManaLord And Marx)
7. Will and Nick (Will and Nick)
7. Team BJC (Beta and Erk)

Brawl Singles

1. San (IKE!)
2. PikaPika! (Mk/Pika)
3. JesiahTEG (Snake)
4. Cura (Iceclimbers/Falco/d3/Marth/MK/Kirby)
5. XXX (Wario)
5. KIDGoggles (Sonic/MK)
7. PDiddy (Diddy)
7. Minh (Snake/MK?)
9. Eevee (Peach)
9. CbC (Kirby/diddy)
9. Air (MK)
9. Brian (Rob)
13. Cross
13. Nick
13. Altarian
13. Sheth

Brawl Doubles

1. JesiahTEG And XXX
2. Neils Gonna Carry Me (PikaPika! And KoJ)
3. Cura and Eevee
4. Statutory (KIDGoggles and Air)
5. CqC (San And Chris)
5. RobleCopter (Sheth and Brian)
7. Alt And Dagr
7. Manalord and CPU

VIDEOS

Melee Doubles

Winners Finals
JesiahTEG/KoJ Vs TheGeneral/Minh
Match 1
Match 2
Matdh 3
Match 4

Losers Semi-Finals Cura/Goodies Vs KIDGoggles/PinPoint
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Losers Finals KIDGoggles/PinPoint Vs TheGeneral/Minh
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

Grand Finals JesiahTEG/Koj Vs KIDGoggles/ PinPoint
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Singles

Winners Bracket

JesiahTEG vs The General 1
JesiahTEG Vs The General 2
JesiahTEG Vs The General 3

JesiahTEG vs KIDGoggles 1
JesiahTEG Vs KIDGoggles 2

Loser Bracket

KoJ Vs Marx 1
KoJ Vs Marx 2
KoJ Vs Marx 3

WINNERS FINALS!
JesiahTEG Vs PikaPika 1
JesiahTEG Vs PikaPika 2
JesiahTEG Vs PikaPika 3
JesiahTEG Vs PikaPika 4
JesiahTEG Vs PikaPika 5

Brawl Videos!

Singles

Cross Vs KIDGoggles 1
Cross Vs KIDGoggles 2

PDiddy Vs Air 1
PDiddy Vs Air 2

JesiahTEG Vs KIDGoggles 1

KID/Air vs Brian And Sheth

Dagr/Altairian Vs Brian and Sheth

Winners Finals

San Vs Pikapika 4
San Vs Pikapika 5

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
First.

G@ME WITH THESE MELEE DUBS

lol at all you fools that lost to two of the worst melee kids ever

shout outs later

Let it be known! KID is the only san killer in the region. I beat him in a money match during the tournament. and im not kidding when i say im going to rig the brackets next time to play him.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
SECOND!

San... You are amazing. Consistancy is really showing you're a league above the rest of us. Put that money to good use man.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I demand vids of grand finals.
san is vampire, you cant reocrd this negros ike.

no seriously, he got like 2 vids of him self out of the like 6 hours worth of footage that we got and gf's were deffo not recorded.

EDIT:
Seriously tho, how does 7th and 17th place in melee singles, get 2nd place in doubles?

EDIT2
also, be aware that we had like 6-10 other people that were supposed to be in brawl singles and doubles but had to bow out because the melee tourneys ran long.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
my new main is fox **** lol

i will do shoutouts to the awesome ****ing people i chilled with later i am at work right now lol good tourney

all you cool mother ****ers know who you is

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sanford is so good.

I think I would pay for him to go down to GA tournaments when I start hosting them after I go back home. :D

P.S. - Yeayuhz @ Angel GG!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think im going to try and take him down to one of the bigger tourneys next month, because there are still those that dont believe....

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Wow, this ended up being much smaller than I expected. Lemme know when the next one is, if Altarian is going Ill go.
As length of preceding Melee tourneys approaches infinite, interest in staying for brawl tournament afterwards approaches zero. Everyone got there 'round 3, and brawl started at like... 9. People were tiiiired, and those who drove kinda far were sorta out of luck. I got double-elim'd right away (good matches all the same), but even with that, I didn't leave til Min did, and that was at like, 1 AM; there was still matches to go.

FallenTW

Smash Rookie
Yep big shoutout to San for winning the Brawl singles. You were a beast.
Tournament was fun, felt bad I couldn't participate, I just want to get better.
if there's anymore tournaments that is nearby Buffalo, Me and Zomgrob, are interested on joining.

Kantō

Smash Champion
good **** San, once again you ckooled em.
wish i could have made it, but i think the syracuse dudes (and eevee) did great, good job guys.
ill be at the next one hopefully.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Yep big shoutout to San for winning the Brawl singles. You were a beast.
Tournament was fun, felt bad I couldn't participate, I just want to get better.
if there's anymore tournaments that is nearby Buffalo, Me and Zomgrob, are interested on joining.
^^No actual relation to me^^
And FTW, you were there, you just needed to put in the $5

You'll get no sympathy from San, I now speak from experience. I wonder how well he'll do in an NYC tourney. Think he'd go down to Polybrawl in NYC, it's during Thanksgiving break

altairian

Smash Lord
You know with all the advice Goggles gives other TO's about how to run their events more smoothly, I was surprised how long everything took. Is it true melee didn't even start until 5?

I mean I don't want to be that guy that sucks the fun out of tourneys by being gung-ho about running the tourney as fast as possible, and I was glad I was able to make it for brawl, but brawl singles didn't finish until 12 hours after the announced start time for the tourney...and brawl dubs was only 8 teams and brawl singles was 16. I just expected things to run a lot quicker and I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get to get any advice from jesse and whoever else was willing to after the tourney ended because it ended so late.

But anyway, I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to make it for what I did. Nice seeing everyone again! =)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
2. PikaPika! (Mk/Pika) - Nice matches as always. I do wish we could do more friendlies instead of just tourney and money matches =p

3. JesiahTEG (Snake) - Your snake played a lot differently than last time. I was a bit surprised. All those powershields! That doubles match you had vs pikapika was funny.

4. Cura (Iceclimbers/Falco/d3/Marth/MK/Kirby) - Wish I talked to you a little bit more that day, I need to play like all those characters.

5. XXX (Wario) - Don't underestimate your wario when you play against me. There are def. things you can do that you just haven't noticed yet. Other than that, your farts are too good lol.

5. KIDGoggles (Sonic/MK) -funny MM as always. Thanks for driving me home/going out of your way as TO. I'm more concerned about your MK than your sonic because I knew you had great reflexes and stuff.

7. PDiddy (Diddy) - Nice diddy. Fun friendlies=)

9. Eevee (Peach) - Your peach got quite a bit better since last time. Why are you so good at doubles? =) Keep it up

9. CbC (Kirby/diddy) - You were good with so many characters, I didn't know who you mained for such a long time. Fun friendlies in the beginning, too =)

9. Air (MK) - Chill dude. Can't wait to see you improve. You beat me&Chris in doubles

9. Brian (Rob) - Fun dude, along with the other people from RIT =)

13. Cross - Weird seeing another Ike main for once =) I know i failed trying to give you tips, but we can still talk about stuff whenever you want

13. Altarian - So much dedication, I can't even begin to describe. Awesome games. I wanted to play some more matches with you since Syracuse. I could tell the work you put in with pikachu.

Melee People: good games. I still suck at melee though, lol, but it's still pretty fun.

People who left before brawl began: :( Wish you guys could've stayed.

FallaceTW

Smash Rookie
Yeah, ignore FallenTW now.
I had to change it, since the names are too familiar.
I'll be sure to join in next time. I still wanna get better. More Smash invites is fun.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hope you come, Fallace. I just need to get out there more, but at the current moment I'm in the middle of nowhere (or NY, whichver is fine)

I did learn that on japes and green greens are nothing but lulz.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. You know with all the advice Goggles gives other TO's about how to run their events more smoothly, I was surprised how long everything took. 2. Is it true melee didn't even start until 5?

I mean I don't want to be that guy that sucks the fun out of tourneys by being gung-ho about running the tourney as fast as possible, and I was glad I was able to make it for brawl, 3. but brawl singles didn't finish until 12 hours after the announced start time for the tourney... 4. and brawl dubs was only 8 teams and brawl singles was 16. 5. I just expected things to run a lot quicker and 6. I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get to get any advice from jesse and whoever else was willing to after the tourney ended because it ended so late.

But anyway, I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to make it for what I did. Nice seeing everyone again! =)

1. Yea, I know. There were as far as I can tell, 4 main reasons for the length of the tournament.
a. we stufed 30 people into basically a 1 bedroom apartment. since i made sure nobody went into sam's room.
b. Everyone that played melee wanted to play melee on the recording setups. and as such, didnt get through the matches as quickly as they could have.
c. Everyone that played melee wanted to hold on playing their matches to watch the people playing on the recording setups, so they could see the good matches.
d. as a by-product of b. not all of the setups were being used to the best efficiency.

now im not trying to throw melee under the bus here, but after seeing the people that came for brawl and melee and how many of each of those people stayed till what times.. Im most likely going to run brawl first next time. since the melee community is diehard enough to not really mind staying somewhere untill one in the morning. when we were halfway into the brawl tourney. I saw alexei, lenca, cin, mana, and the general, all pretty much exclusive melee players, just chillin, during a brawl tourney, at like 1 am. where as the people who cam for brawl. a lot of them left before 10. not tryna be disrespectful, its just that the melee people are more devoted and as such Im more comfortable doing the more casual event first in the future.

2. No. i planned for the tourney to start at 4. and melee doubles bracket started at like 4:20

3.im pretty sure i told people the tourney would start at 4, and brawl singles ended around 3. so thats only 11 hours...

4. there was honestly close to 10 people ( there was a group of 6 and will and his friend, and maybe one or two more) that were brawl exclusive, that had to leave literally less than one minute before i was about to annouce the start of doubles bracket. there would have been at least 3 more teams and 8 more entrants had I done brawl first. I wont make that mistake again. Unfortunately, Im going to have to call first time TO jawns on this tourney, but like i said, its a learning experience to make it better for next time.

5. As did I

6. Once, again, im calling first time TO jawns.

altairian

Smash Lord
Well I'm sure things will go smoother next time. And for the record your original thread lists the start time at 3 ;)

I just hope I can keep making it out to Rochester events, saturdays are such a pain for me =\

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You'll get no sympathy from San, I now speak from experience. I wonder how well he'll do in an NYC tourney. Think he'd go down to Polybrawl in NYC, it's during Thanksgiving break
NYC/NJ is infested with Meta Knight, Falco, Olimar, Snake, and Dedede. There are even Toon Links around, which is another horrendous match-up for Ike.

Those of us that have tried all Ike (Kimchi, Rykoshet, myself, and other notable Ikes probably) didn't do anything because of this.

Ike doesn't stand a chance in tournaments where there are multiple good/top players of S tiers and characters that **** Ike extremely badly, like Olimar.

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
JesiahTEG - Props for hosting all of this. While I do acknowledge you work the magic, your mewtwo took a beating on Brinstar :p
PikaPika! - Somehow I rarely play you and Steffon at smashfests/tourneys. What's up with that?
Kaoouuudgyah - one of these times we'll both get in the zone and trade ztds like pokemon cards.
Marx - I don't think I heard you talk at all.
BetaBahamut/Paul - eew sheik. You guys improved a ton since the last time we played.
The Manalord - get carried by CPU more please :p fun as always.
KID Goggles - grats on TOing. I love our teams matches so much. Go us! We'll win next time k?
The General - your fcs are insane. I would still love to see more upair/dtilt from your peach. We should pluck turnips on more setups to see what happens - I'm beginning to question 1 in 300 now.
Minh - I look forward to playing some singles with you sometime.
SK/Cura - ggs in teams.
Artery Clogger - good as usual.
Goodies - eew sheik. I didn't know you played samus so well
Lenca and friend - we had some funny matches.
San - you make me glad I don't play brawl. You inspire this weird defiance in me when I play melee.
PinPoint - do better next time ffs

@everyone I played: GG this event was awesome.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I have to at least partially agree with inui, ive never seen san lose to a DDD, he beats most metas (just not mine, and he obviously does good against snake, but im pretty sure that any body that mains falco will beat his ike pretty solidly seeing as i went last stock last hit with him in that matchup and my falco is quite honestly pretty trashy.

Although we should all know that he has a pocket second that will work well in that one matchup (dont spoil it)

And I would like to see how san does against somebody like blackwaltz, since theyre both such meek and humble and nice dudes, cus olimar supposedly ***** sonic too, but I did just fine against him.

but theres no need to feed this sbr troll. we'll all fine out what the deal is soon enough. Im currently tryign to make arrangements to get san to one of the bigg tourneys next month

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
this was a fun *** tournament. thanks to jesse and sam for housing it and let me stay there for two nights, ty!

good **** to everyone who showed up there was a big turnout for such a quick thing. lets get EVERYONE EVER to the syracuse tournament in january, tell everyone ever seriously!

also i apologize for going to bed early after the tourny but i was ****ed up (mad nugs and some drink and painkillas) and i got some pretty bad news that night and i was just depressed :(

but for real i had tons of fun and met lots of new people onto the shoutouts

----

JesiahTEG- i dunno what to say besides good ****ing **** i love you good times etc will happen again the future im serious about the thanksgiving break i am gonna come over for 5 days and we'll beast all day long

----

Marx/mariomoonshine/alexi- good ****ing shiiiiiit. nice choice on the jungle juice that was good ****. i'm not on aim often i'mmad busy but i'll def get at you when i can, more experiences to come in the future. ima be at jesses durin thanks

Lenca- finally we met up. it was about time man i had a ****load of fun and ur hash complimented my buds perfectly, it was a good match. good times for sure, be on the boards so u know when the next tourny is and u can get at me beforehand so we can organize some good **** lol

Cin- chill as hell meeting you. you better stick around NY longer so we can meet up again soon, but if not im sure somewhere in time we'll chill again. and i dont realy remember but i def do vaguely remember hugging you i think after i got off the phone with my girlfriend (exgirlfriend ****) and i was teary like a ***** but you understood and had some good words for me, ill see ya again for sure and thanks

----

PikaPika!- good job placing in things out of practice, you still got it and seemingly always will

Goodies- it is always good to see you and i look forward to our next encounter, melee is amazing.

Knee of Justice- youre a ***! ill see you again too no point in saying anything good **** you beat me fair etc MM me next time dont be a wuss

PinPoint- wtf nice tag bro, hyperbolic time chamber all dai get better kick brocks *** for bein a **** he used to like smash but i think he just gave up or somethin

KID Goggles- you can hold it down in melee no matter what anyways says. keep getting better ganon is cool as ****, good job running it dont take any guff from haters

The General- amazing matches. you are very fun to play. i can't wait to see how your peach gets better next time and how your secondaries are coming along. abuse usmash out of shield! i'm glad i taught you something new lol youre teaching me alot about the peach matchup i appreciate it, watch out for my crazy off ledge shenangians i will ALWAYS try to shine spike or go after u =) ggs till next time

Minh- f link! good **** in teams mang

SK/Cura- you beat uslegit in teams! god ****! good stuff, i will def get down to syracuse for any tournies or fests

Artery Clogger- ggs! i dont think we played outside of tournament, maybe once or twice or thrice but not much

BetaBahamut- yo howd u place so high in singles! good ****!
Erk- u guys are getting better just keep training, be on smashboards and watch videos get the strategies and experience and ull see improvement, i did in both of u for sure

The Manalord- you ****ing suck **** seriously youlost to koj you ****** *** ****** learn to play v falco falco falco falco so gay god ****it

i took all the names from the melee singles results so if i missed u and we had some good **** then get at me and ill recognize, but my memory is def impaired

GOOD **** I'D LIKE TO SHOUT OUT TO ALL COOL MOTHER ****ERS get at me

good clux in the tournament everybody

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
NYC/NJ is infested with Meta Knight, Falco, Olimar, Snake, and Dedede. There are even Toon Links around, which is another horrendous match-up for Ike.

Those of us that have tried all Ike (Kimchi, Rykoshet, myself, and other notable Ikes probably) didn't do anything because of this.

Ike doesn't stand a chance in tournaments where there are multiple good/top players of S tiers and characters that **** Ike extremely badly, like Olimar.
get the **** out of our regional **** ill mm you for $100 in melee ur posts are pointless here go tlak in the ike boards or some ****** secret board for a whack *** game all ppl in WNY are doing is saying how good san is at ike who gives a **** who are you its has nothing to do with you

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol if you put mana's second post together with his shoutout to himself, i think youll have more stars than letters. ROFL!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
get the **** out of our regional **** ill mm you for $100 in melee ur posts are pointless here go tlak in the ike boards or some ****** secret board for a whack *** game all ppl in WNY are doing is saying how good san is at ike who gives a **** who are you its has nothing to do with you
Captain Falcon?

Sure. I main Sheik and know that match-up well. Let's go.

I'm not about to travel to Nowhere, though. Just come to something important and I'll probably be there. ;)

Top Bottom