• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RETRIBUTION - October 20th - Cincinnati, OH - MK Banned Regional

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Pools Results
[COLLAPSE="Top 3 Make It Out"]17: Tech_Chase
33: Mysterion
[/COLLAPSE]
WAIT WAT? no respect nyuk nyuk nyuk

edit: srsly tho, the two times i've traveled to mw my pool results have been ****ed up. come on. fun tourney regardless.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Glad to see so many entrants and that people had a great time.
Nice tournament, Clowsui. I heard good stuff about it from various people so awesome job :]

Might come to your next one, just to meet some of the MW people since they're the only ones I don't know too well.

Shoutouts to everyone, love you all.

Ban :metaknight:!

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
My (not)FFantasic Shoutouts

- To the stream: I'm glad we could get it working properly without too much hassle. Also to all the viewers we had! Pretty super!
- Chi: Legit tourney, but needs more Japan Ruleset :[[[[[
- Seagull, PF, and anyone else that commentated, thank you!
- Zinoto for not making Michigan look not horrible. Needs more Yoshi though.
- Juu...your taste in power strips is gross. I'm gonnna help you with that problem.
- The "Yoshi herd," sorry I really didn't talk to other Yoshis (with the exclusion of MX and even then I didn't talk much.) Looks like next time I should be taking more notes.

P.S. pls get worse so I can stop looking so bad! I can do that all by myself :denzel:

- The venue's floor: Worst floor to sleep on...ever.
- The venue's owner for hooking up the stream with the projector/VGA splitter. Made viewing so much better.
- A&W for literally giving me a hockey puck to eat the day before and destroying my stomach for days to come.
- JTsm's car for the best WUBS that have ever had the pleasure to **** my earholes.
- Xatic, you're still bad.
- Ori, play a not-******** character.
- Carls, sorry we didn't talk more nor did we play.
- S2 for being a uber smart DK.
- OS for the amazing beadart <3 Thank you.
- SoulPech for the housing and freshly killed bacon. Also for trying to time me out on RC and then lost his jump twice. You complete deserved that for trying to time me out :[
- VGBC for saying our streamed looked really good for the decently bad internet. Thank you for the compliment.
- Roan, Waldo, and everyone else who help practice for this. It went to complete waste :3

Also, the videos should be upload today after my college meeting. I'll also have a seperate video thread post once I start getting videos up. They'll be uploaded to MrAcidApple so uh... subscribe.
#mindlessselfadvertising.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Man I DONT KNOW ANY OF YOU!\

salt @Chi for not mentioning me putting you fgts ahead of schedule during the initial stages of dubs

I got you next time I'm running singles instead because you suck at it #Holdat

Shoutouts to Zeton and Ralph Cecil, you guys def made me see some improvement in both of my characters

Shoutouts to everyone at the hotel. first time we got to get loud and nobody got a noise complaint. lol I was tired as **** though seeing as the tourney ended at like 12:45

Shoutouts to Y.b.M., Legan and SneakyTako for that godlike car ride to get alcohol and popeyes. LMAO

Shoutouts to that chick Bpow brought for the convo's we had during down time.

Shoutouts to MJG for putting his lips all on the wine bottle thus effectively claiming it LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Shoutouts to Darc for bodying me in Project M

would attended again but probably not enter. should've called me over during that whole spec incident, that problem would've been fixed, somebody probably would've been mad but holding up the tourney over some bull**** is ridic.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
@MJG, thanks, you're really somethin man. I look forward to our next bout. I think your probably the most fun opponent I've had since I played Ally when he went Snake on me in the wee hours of the night on wifi XD UNTOUCHABASPJfAKSDLASDALD

clowsui

Smash Legend
This tournament was really fun (and also exhausting) for me. Thanks again to everyone that came out and everyone who brought TVs+Wiis. I wish my bottleneck(s) hadn't happened, but that's on me. I'm a bad TO, it seems.

Shoutouts time.

TKO - you're the realest. Thanks for coming and supporting, my mans.

Hilt - :)

Oliver - hope I can come down to the 'ville and chill soon.

Crash - What I said to Oliver! Also, no Rush Hour = :(

Excel - ***** *** ***** don't dip in the middle next time.

1: Reflex ($420.00) :pt::wario: - congratulations on winning the tournament. You were playing pretty well for the most part, and I'm happy you guys were able to have fun.

2: Shugo ($190.00) :falco: :sonic: - <3 Shuggybear. Wish I could've coached you vs Reflex.

3: MJG ($120.00) :toonlink::diddy: - MJGay. Hope you had a fun birthday weekend here *****. Don't worry about bein sky high, I'll shoot you down when I need to.

4: Seagull Joe ($70) :wolf::falco: - good stuff @ this tourney Joe, thanks for coming + commentating. Don't try to drop BPOW next time :bee:

5: Kismet ($30) :falco: - Calvin Capers 2 strong. I'll put up a better fight the next time 'round.

5: Zinoto ($30) :diddy: - FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

more coaching later stay tuned

7: DeLux :popo::zerosuitsamus: - Wolf is OP. Coming out to MWW during the summer time next summer probs so I can look at grad schools. Let's chill then imo

7: Coney :ness2::dedede: - Sorry about your bracket :( I'm so glad I got to see you again though. Mr. Tomorrow 2 good

9: Krystedez :wario::pit: - you are a strong player who just needs more practice. Thanks for coming.

9: Fizzle :dedede::popo: - I'm due for a trip to Columbus, it seems...that way you can help me not get 33rd and I can help you get top 5 :cool:

9: Kain :wolf: - BASURAAAAAA. Bad luck vs Kismet tho wtf

9: YoshQ :luigi2: - Sorry about yesterday :< hope you had fun tho! It was nice getting to know you a bit on Friday.

13: Kel :marth: - teach me how to be good with Marth

13: Nicole :peach: - <3 you already know.

13: Zeton :fox: - didn't expect you to make it all the way out here! Great teams placement.

13: Croi :wario: - fun times in the car. Sad I didn't get to MM you. Keep up the good work, Y.b.M. and P-1 are good wins.

17: DtJ S2 :dk2: - (flex) that DK is too strong. GJ beating BPOW in pools!

17: Pink Fresh :lucas: - I'll body you next time. You were really fun to play though, real. What would you have done had I said I was gonna infinite you?

17: Darc :marth: - tipper y ;~; nice meeting you Dustin. That Windjammers crack tho

17: BPOW :wario: :olimar: - BPLOW thanks for coming duders. Next time play when I ask you to ;o

17: Delta-Cod :yoshi2: - nice to meet you! Glad you had fun, thanks for getting 17th so that way my tournament didn't run even MORE overtime ^_^

17: Judo :sheik: - :( @ jab + Diddy being your bracket. You would've placed quite a bit better had that not been the case, I feel.

17: Player-1 :diddy: - WABA's the tiebreaker. Don't take me to RC ;)

17: Hadesblade :yoshi2: - so many Yoshis why. Good stuff in teams w Krys.

25: Future :popo::rob: - nice to see you CAT.

25: Ori_Bro :olimar: :popo: - thanks again for all the stream stuff! You were a real help during the tournament too. You did well vs Krys.

25: Mister Eric :rob: - freeeeeee. Beep boop. Ggs in doubles.

25: Mysterion :snake: :pikachu2: - sup Kenny next time I won't run scared from your Pika + Snake...but right now I'mma tell you to holdat

25: Stewyian :popo: - you're getting better =) good stuff.

25: Ralph Cecil :snake: - so many Marths, why

25: Y.b.M. :zerosuitsamus: - thanks for comin' out, homie. Sorry you didn't do so well but that wasn't really your intention apparently, haha.

25: DLA :sheik: :falco: - stop playing so greedy LOL. Fun times on Friday night

33: Luminoth :wolf: - ermehgerd lermi y u do so bad ;~; DDD is gay though for real LOL I'm sad you had to play Fizzle.

33: Roller :popo: - Yoshi too strong :( thanks for helping out.

33: Leaf :pikachu2: - you seemed like a chill dude, sad I didn't get to talk to you!

33: Kee :olimar: - you're getting better man! Sucks you had to get the MI D in brackets but what are you going to do...large tournaments get like this sometimes :x

33: Sorasin :falco: - DK too good? :/ good stuff getting 2nd seed in pools.

33: jt556 :sonic: - thanks for coming

33: clowsui :marth: - scrub

33: Shadowphoenix :falco: :snake: - GJ beating Raz in pools! Now about that bracket placement...:bee:

33: Spec :pikachu2: - next time, make your case more calmly and make every story like it's going to be your last one. Thanks for coming, but I didn't appreciate feeling threatened by your attitude. If you ever get that agitated again, we're calling security on you.

33: MX :yoshi2: - what happened? :/

33: Carls :fox: - double Sheik ;) nah I kid. Just keep practicing.

33: Raziek :marth: - thanks for coming, Jordan. Sorry you didn't do as well as you'd liked but as you said you were here for DGames stuff. Ggs on Friday night also.

33: Legan :zerosuitsamus::link2: - the blackest of them all. Thanks for coming, my mans

33: Ryker :falco: - yet again we didn't MM :(

33: Tech_Chase :dedede: - bounce back, baby. Thanks for the help as always; we'll be in touch about PS5.

33: The Thirst :kirby2: - you get ANOTHER shoutout for being a baller and helping out with everything so much. You should be an enforcer @ every tourney tbh

[COLLAPSE="More Shoutouts"]
49: IKmonster - thanks for coming =) come out to more tournaments!

49: Red Ryu - thanks for driving the WI/IL group :)

49: Chuee - did not expect you to look like this

49: W.C.N. - sorry I suck at dubs LOL

49: WTP - thanks for helping out. The best hidden TO.

49: Juu - fun times during Friday, great help during Saturday. +1 Juu

49: Ksev - don't quit! This was a tough tournament, and improvement is difficult. Just slowly figure it out. Thanks for being so cool-headed.

49: Ttar - thanks for coming!

49: Kassandra - unfortunate pools situation :( thanks for coming though <3

49: Sneakytako - scrub

49: Xatic - thank you for being part of the stream team! Glad that my tournament could be publicized by you guys.

49: Earl - thanks for coming!

49: Bonds - check the Snake MU thread.

49: Hoboz - wanted to play you, oh well.

49: Steep - thanks for coming, sorry you did poorly in pools =/

49: Overswarm - that bead art money...xD

65: Andrew - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments please =)

65: Tomb - thanks for coming!

65: TJDK2 - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments please =)

65: ShadowthePast - thanks for coming!

65: Kurt - thanks for coming!

65: Deca - thanks for coming!

65: Wuvs - stream 2 strong

65: Jtsm - stream 222 strong. Also your pool was *** for Snake LOL

65: T22 - thanks for coming!

65: BSL - o word? You went 0-8? my b LOL

65: Amida - ggs in doubles.

65: FalconsFist - thanks for coming!

65: Jet - ggs in pools.

65: Fragger - thanks for coming!

65: Shelby - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments =)

65: Umashi - nice seeing you again! Thanks for coming out and supporting my event. It looked like you really did enjoy yourself, so I'm glad.

81: Silver - you're improving man. Inch by inch. Can't wait until I get to start season 2.

81: Josh - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments =)

81: Peter - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments =)

81: Dean - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments =)

81: Koverick - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments =)

81: Soulpech - wat happen pech

81: Chris - - thanks for coming! Come out to more tournaments =)[/COLLAPSE]

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
4: Seagull Joe ($70) :wolf::falco: - Ggs, your Wolf is way too good.
5: Zinoto ($30) :diddy: - Ggs, and thanks for the advice :)
9: Krystedez :wario::pit: - Always good to see you.
9: Fizzle :dedede::popo: - Man, that MM. All of my :salt: Nah, but good games.
9: Kain :wolf: - Ggs.
17: DtJ S2 :dk2: - Yo S2, good **** getting 4th.
17: Judo :sheik: - You just need to play more, then you'll be back to your old self.
25: Ori_Bro :olimar: :popo: - Ggs.
25: Mister Eric :rob: - Yo what's this, we didn't play in loser's?
25: Mysterion :snake: :pikachu2: - Good games, sorry for underestimating your Snake :/
25: Ralph Cecil :snake: - Yo, don't feel bad about 25th. You had a bad bracket.
33: Kee :olimar: - Good games, you legit should have had that set.
33: clowsui :marth: - You ran this tourney well, and you're a good TO. No need to get down on yourself. And also, sorry about Spec; that reflects poorly on all of Lexington :/
33: Shadowphoenix :falco: :snake: - Dude what are you doing down here at last? You're better than this.
33: Spec :pikachu2: - Spec, I agree that what you were saying made sense; but your presentation of it undermined your argument. It made you look like you were just angry that you lost.
33: Raziek :marth: - Ggs in pools. That tie in pools was a little awkward, but still, Ggs. You should have won game 2 on Lylat.
33: Tech_Chase :dedede: - Yo Tech, I think we can just forget about this crew battle happening. KY doesn't seem to want to do it. :/

49: Juu - Hey man, always good to talk with you. And thanks for the words of support during pools.
49: Ttar - Yo, sorry about you not being well rested for the event :/
49: Kassandra - What happened in pools was unfortunate. :/
49: Sneakytako - Wait what? You didn't make it out of pools?
49: Earl - Earl, come on, you're better than this. Step it up.
49: Hoboz - You're improving, you've just got problems clenching games. Keep it up though
49: Overswarm - Ggs, and thanks for the words after.
65: Tomb - Hey, I remember you from Brawl in the Hall a couple weeks ago. Thanks for making it out to this, and keep it up. Your results will start to improve soon
81: Soulpech - You really need a new character :/

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Wuvs, Xatic, Ori (or whoever is the owner of the twitch account lol), enable highlighting so I can separate your vids :3.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Yo I just wanna announce my running for best Sub-TO of all time
All your votes are much appreciated.

DtJ S2 - I know we've been running way behind in getting you in; you can blame the sponsor for that. But welcome to the family son, and good **** at this tournament. You blew some people up and it was fresh.
Also stay free at NBA Jam #Pacerstoostrong

Fizzle - Besides playing what looked like the most painful set of the night, mad space bro. I remember thinking to myself "man look at the beard on that scrub, he doesn't have what it takes anymore" and then you proved me wrong and you kept the beard that takes dedication.

Ori - We never play Pokemon at tournaments. You duckin' me bro? You intimidated because I lift?

It was fun hanging out though, always a pleasure seeing you. I'll have to see about coming up to Phoenix Saga

Mikey Hammz aka Yosh-krilla aka Big Dino No Whammies aka Dino-sore from all the ***** he rakes in aka Ladiesblade - I'm retiring from playing smash and I'm going to be your fulltime manager/personal hype man. Prepare yourself.

Kryz - It's always fun traveling with you, even if you basically have a perpetual look of "what the **** are these guys doing" on your face when we're on trips. Also good **** beating P-1, the blackest diddy player in America.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory is a deep album that deals with problems that affect almost 30 million adult males in the US alone ;____;

Roller -

Squid - When the **** are you gonna grow up. What are you 12? Lemongrab is funny yeah sure if you're in ****ing kindergarden.

P.S. **** you Ron

Kain - Had fun HARD BODYING YOU IN MARVEL L2P then talk to me
Seriously though good games, I think you would have beat me way hard on a Playstation controller lol

Tom **** and Brian - I fell asleep and died on the way home thanks guys *******s

Chi - Good job with the tournament. The spec debacle took too long to resolve but you made the right call, and you don't need to be told that because you already know. You learn from experiences and you handle them better next time.
Also what the hell are you gonna name the next one? Righteous Fury or something?

D.L.A. - Look dude your random team synergy is incredible ok? Someday I'll beat ganon on his bridge.

Tom **** and Brian - seriously though, always a fun time hanging out with you nipple-stealing ****ers. Stay swoll cuties :embarrass:

Y. - I hope they give you your color back man. It's a damn shame :\

Juu - Maybe next tournament I'll just bring our store's full yomi set. Also maybe next tournament I'll get to play Yomi. Also thanks for the calypsos #stayfree

Steep, Kassandra, Soulpech, Mister Eric, Kel - I see you guys at tournaments and I never end up spending that much time hanging/talking/playing you guys and I feel bad because you're all cool people. I'll try and fix that

BSL - You're a cool guy, and I meant to hang more but it didn't end up working out. Come back to the midwest or something I dunno

Excel - Wish you would've stayed around but it's cool you got to come after all and just chill for awhile. I'll be sure to post in the IN social about tournaments once I get a venue worked out for Sunday stuff.

Hilt - MY BRO #jetskiis #cabo #bosshogs #lincolnlogs I dunno I'm out of hashtags but it's always fun hanging out. I might try and come down to S2D but no promises.

Midwest - [yt]K9O1TMJyhmw[/yt]

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I see 11 different characters in the top 8

HMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
7: DeLux - GGs in Doubles dude! THAT F-SMASH ON DELFINO. Gave me chills. You guys played solid, Pit/Yoshi was super silly lmao.
9: Krystedez - We were so close to beating you in doubles! Your Wario is way better than your Pit though. GGs, glad I got a chance to see you.
9: Kain - GGs in pools, I enjoyed the chance to play you, that's such a strange match-up for Marth in terms of how you have to play it. Got hit way too many times for attempting Fair OoS.
9: YoshQ - *sigh* I was doing so well, and then I got firepunched. #luigi
13: Croi - MY BOY, good **** beating Player-1, that set was sick.
17: DtJ S2 - Way better than I expected, your DK is super solid. Word of advice vs. Marth - F-tilt me. Stuffs a lot of stuff. I got away with just running in on you constantly.
17: Delta-Cod - Yoshi is annoying. GG's in Doubles.
17: Judo - Enjoyed the friendlies with you and Spec, was fun!
17: Hadesblade - THAT DOWN-B.:urg:
25: Ralph Cecil - What have you done to use spotdodge that well?! S2 warned me, but damn it, what the hell? I'd like to play you again sometime, I need to make up for getting bodied so badly Game 1.
33: Leaf - Hope you enjoyed the fuzzy peaches!
33: clowsui - Great tournament dude, I enjoyed it. Glad I got to meet you and body you in a MM. <3 Wrt the coaching thing: Once you make a decision, stick to it. Going back on it pisses EVERYONE off.
33: Shadowphoenix - I slept on you so hard and I really regretted that. Good games.
33: Spec - GGs in Doubles!
33: Raziek - Time to work on dealing with a loss. Got rattled so hard and choked my way to a 0-2 in bracket. When it comes to big tournaments, we can't expect to plow through winner's like we do at home.
33: Ryker - #scumbag Canadians. You'll get more detailed shoutouts in Skype, love you buddy! <3
33: Tech_Chase - Sorry I didn't give you the MM I promised. I was really disappointed in my performance in bracket and knew I wouldn't be able to deliver on good play, so I focused on enjoying myself with the D-Gamers rather than forcing myself to lose money matches.

Additional shout-outs:

Juicy: DRB! So glad I got to meet you guys, loved watching you play Ryker in Yomi, enjoyed the whole time, happy to have spent the time with you. You're every bit as chill as I expected. Mad love, mah dude.

BSL: You're even cuter in person! Thanks for driving Ryker's sorry *** up to the tournament. Your Luigi isn't bad, you managed to get me with dat firepunch. <3 Glad I got to meet you.

Red Ruy: Like I said in friendlies, you're good, but you're so unrefined. You need to start thinking about your play and when you choose to attack. If you do, you will see a marked and drastic improvement, but if you don't, you're getting close to your skill ceiling simply by playing without considering the situation enough.

Glad I got to meet you as well, enjoyed the time in the hotel, regrettably you couldn't make it to IHOP since you were in R2 pools.

Hilt: Glad I got to meet you, you guys did a great job running it outside of the bottleneck over the coaching. Good stuff dude.

If I remember anyone else, I'll update with more.

SoulPech

Smash Master
81: Soulpech - wat happen pech
I drowned in pools. Actually, that was an understatement... I tried to come back up to the surface, but kept getting spiked back in by Ganon's Dair.

81: Soulpech - You really need a new character :/
llooooooooooooooooool

i know right? working on that.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory is a deep album that deals with problems that affect almost 30 million adult males in the US alone ;____;

Steep, Kassandra, Soulpech, Mister Eric, Kel - I see you guys at tournaments and I never end up spending that much time hanging/talking/playing you guys and I feel bad because you're all cool people. I'll try and fix that

Midwest -
Linkin Park has an amazing way to promote ED. Also, we do need to talk more. I also approve of this video.

steep

Smash Lord
Steep's Super Salty, Slightly Sad Shoutouts (Try saying that 10 times fast with a lisp!)

Doubles

7: Zeton+Bonds - It was good playing random doubles friendlies lol and thanks for saying I had a legit Mario and Luigi in dubs. Made me feel pretty good.

9: Nicole+Darc – Good stuff in round 1 of bracket. It was fun playing you two, even if we got rocked. Sorry Brawl was trolling you so hard Nicole.

9: DeltaCod+Delux – It was fun playing some friendlies with you before the tourney started. I hope to play you guys again some time!

13: Tech_Chase+Legan – Good games in bracket LR2. I had fun playing you guys. I thought we were gonna be able to pull it off after game 1. But you figured us out and put that bucket to work! lol

17: Steep+Kee – Kee, I’ll do your shoutout in the singles section.

25: Juu+Ryker – GG’s guys. It was a lot of fun playing you and I feel bad because we probably could not have pulled out that win game 2 without some quick advice from Tech. That and the unlucky happenings in game 3… Well, we should play again sometime and see how it goes!

25: Caligula Miasma of General Delights – Excellent name. lol

Singles

1: Reflex ($420.00) :pt::wario: - Good stuff taking it all! I’d like to play you some time. I keep meaning to ask but you are always busy beating someone else. lol

2: Shugo ($190.00) :falco: :sonic: - Nice job getting second! Nice to see sonic reappearing on that character usage as well! Rogue Blades would be so proud.

3: MJG ($120.00) :toonlink::diddy: - Good seeing you get third! I’ve never seen you use Diddy before, and now I’m curious to! We should play next time!

4: Seagull Joe ($70) :wolf::falco: - Nice job on fourth man. Wish we could have played some friendlies. You keep getting better and better each time I see you.

5: Kismet ($30) :falco: - Would have liked to have played you.

5: Zinoto ($30) :diddy: - Would have liked to have played you.

7: Coney :ness2::dedede: - I’m still salty that we never got to play at APEX! Hit me up next time we are at the same tourney!

9: Krystedez :wario::pit: - Glad we got some friendlies in, FINALLY. Lol your Wario is tricky. You put me in a slightly better mood after pools so thanks. And sorry I made you wait on all those “grudge” matches between Hoboz and I.

9: YoshQ :luigi2: - Hilarious Mario dittos man! Lol and Nice Luigi. I learned never to go for a regrab after a forward throw with Mario… lol Glad we got to play a few games.

13: Kel :marth: - Good stuff in pools. I’m glad we finally got to play. I learned a lot about Olimar vs Marth. I should have gone Mario against you probably but oh well live and learn right? I have to say, my favorite thing that happened at this tourney was when you were trying to get Y.b.M. to start brawl up from halfway across the venue using only hand gestures. I laughed so hard!

13: Nicole :peach: - It was nice to randomly talk to you throughout the early parts of this tournament. Next time we should play some friendlies.

13: Zeton :fox: - Nice Link in friendlies man! I’ll play your Fox next time! You were a cool dude and I admire your outlook on this game. Take it easy man.

13: Croi :wario: - Wish I could have played you! You Nova Scotians were mad popular though since you traveled so far.

17: Pink Fresh :lucas: - Good stuff in pools. Our Lucas ditto was hilarious. Sorry I wasn’t a little more serious in our pools games but I just wanted to have fun with it. Your Lucas was fun to play against.

17: Darc :marth: - Good to see you again. Sorry we didn’t get to play any friendlies.

17: BPOW :wario: :olimar: - Olimar, huh?

17: Delta-Cod :yoshi2: - Wish we could have played some. I was just too burnt out after not getting out of pools when I really thought I should have.

17: Hadesblade :yoshi2: - Good playing a couple games with you. Still the hardest Yoshi for me to play against. Although I have yet to play Delta-Cod… ;)

25: Ori_Bro :olimar: :popo: - Good seeing you man. Sorry we didn’t get to play. I would have liked to have played some. Thanks for always cheering me on!

25: Stewyian :popo: - I owe you the biggest of apologies my man. I was frustrated with myself and I shouldn’t have let it show so much. You outplayed me fair and square and it was not fair for me to act like you didn’t deserve the win. I just wanted to make it out of pools so badly. You are legit and I want to play you again sometime. Again, I am really sorry for being such a sore loser. I hope you can forgive my unprofessionalism and that we can be cool in the future.

25: Y.b.M. :zerosuitsamus: - Your facial expression was HILARIOUS when you were trying to get Brawl started back up from all the way at the other side of the venue. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Good stuff. We should play next time we are at the same venue. Maybe in Texas???? Eh? Eh?

33: Luminoth :wolf: - Wish we could have played at this. I kept meaning to say hi but I didn’t stick around for very long after pools. Sorry about that. See you around though, and next time we’ll play.

33: Roller :popo: - It was fun playing you. I wish I could have had some coaching in my pools match against Stewyian lol but I know you probably wouldn’t have wanted to do that. Next time, I want some tips for Olimar vs IC’s. Just so I have another option than trying to win with Mario. lol

33: Kee :olimar: - I had a great time teaming with you man. I see you did better than me in pools, so congrats on that! We should definitely team again some time. We had some real synergy going on those last few games. Olimar + Luigi, the Dream Team!

33: Sorasin :falco: - Good seeing you at this! Sorry we didn’t get to play. I’m glad you got some sleep too! Too bad it made you late… oh well next time will be better.

33: MX :yoshi2: - Good friendly game at the beginning of the tourney! It was fun to play another Yoshi. Close match, and I wish we could have played some more. Last stock last hit games are always so salty. lol

33: Carls :fox: - Sorry we didn’t get to play even after I asked if we could. We will next time!

33: Raziek :marth: - Good stuff travelling so far to get here! We should play next time!

33: Ryker :falco: - We should play next time! It’s been a while since we played. (Doubles doesn’t count lol, I meant singles)

33: Tech_Chase :dedede: - We’ll play next time. Thanks again for the advice in doubles, and it’s too bad that we had to play you right after you gave us that advice. lol

Pools Cut-off

49: Juu – We should talk about that Mario vs. IC’s MU. It was good seeing you at this tourney. Sorry we didn’t get to play any friendlies.

49: Ksev – Good games in our friendlies man. Sorry I couldn’t stick around. I needed to head out. We should play some more next time. Snake is fun to play against. Sorry if I seemed a little out of it.

49: Kassandra –I never did get a chance to say hi! Next time.

49: Sneakytako – Wish we could have played some friendlies at this.

49: Hoboz – Good games after pools. Sorry if I seemed really serious. I was just upset about pools.

49: Steep – You can’t get anything right.

65: Deca – I hope you enjoyed your first tournament man! It was a good one to be your first! You improved a lot throughout the day!

65: BSL – Wish we could have played! Sorry I didn’t find you later in the day. I kinda left shortly after pools.

65: Shelby – It was nice meeting you and playing you in pools! Hopefully you had a good time! Don’t give up on TL, just watch some videos of MJG and see what you can utilize in your own playstyle.

81: Soulpech – Thanks for taking the time to respond to me and encourage me after my slightly sad post in the original thread. I was really down after pools and I really appreciate that you went out of your way to give me a pep talk of sorts. It means a lot to me.

Clowsui – Great job TO’ing this event. My complaints/saltiness had nothing to do with your TO’ing skills. I was only mad at myself. Hope to see you in the future.

Hilt – Thanks for letting me rant a little after pools. I am glad I didn’t leave right away though. Ha Ha I was so frustrated. I think I am done with Mario, at least for a while though. So I may hit you up for some Olimar tips the next time I see you.

Jetzger – Thanks for coming with me to this tourney. Hopefully you had a fun time.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I'll enable it asap Zinoto. Sorry about that.

EDIT: After checking around there's no reason you (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't be able to highlight. If you're still having problems message me on skype at some point today and we'll figure it out.

I'll start highlighting now though since you seem to be having problems with it atm.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The Unity Ruleset said:
•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.
If it's a big deal to Kassandra I will refund her entry only on the grounds that I did not include this change in the OP (and I think this is a fairly generous approach considering I made a post in the thread containing this change).

I don't want any more discussion of this in the thread. PM me if you have any more issues with this.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, that's a blatant understatement and you should be ashamed for skewing the numbers

Why, we had 16 different characters in the top 16! ;)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
It's also pretty cool to see more secondaries being considered viable, rather than the traditional pocket characters that are a dime a dozen. PT, Sonic, Ness, Pit, and Luigi were all within Top 10, and Falco was the only character who was seen with more than two players.

A little further down and we get all sorts of mid tier use. Nicole's Peach, Zeton's Fox, Sold2's Donkey Kong, Pink Fresh's Lucas, Judo's Sheik, and a couple of Yoshis. These are the placings we come to expect from mid tier mains, and it seems that none of them made it especially far. That suggests that placings reflect the tier list more accurately than a single mid tier main placing especially high due to something like character inexperience.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's also pretty cool to see more secondaries being considered viable, rather than the traditional pocket characters that are a dime a dozen. PT, Sonic, Ness, Pit, and Luigi were all within Top 10, and Falco was the only character who was seen with more than two players.

A little further down and we get all sorts of mid tier use. Nicole's Peach, Zeton's Fox, Sold2's Donkey Kong, Pink Fresh's Lucas, Judo's Sheik, and a couple of Yoshis. These are the placings we come to expect from mid tier mains, and it seems that none of them made it especially far. That suggests that placings reflect the tier list more accurately than a single mid tier main placing especially high due to something like character inexperience.
Yea, I agree

8 of the top 16 characters were all D tier or below. D for Diversity?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
MK wouldn't have changed much for this tourney. Seagull, MJG, Shugo, and Kismet all have good MKs but their mains are better and I'm sure Reflex could have dealt with their MKs if he could fight their mains.

Maybe Kel would have placed higher, also Kassy, but top 8 would have likely been the same. Not saying all tournies can keep consistent results with MK being banned or legal but I think this one could have.

Kel

Smash Master
Thanks to everyone who gave me a shout out; glad I could help make the atmosphere at this tournament better.

Delux- It was nice to finally meet you. Thank you very much for helping me with the ICs match up. I need to specialize in this match up because you destroyed me in bracket. I'll have to get someone around here to learn ICs so I can stand a chance next time. I just wish you would have gone further in the bracket as I know you have the potential to do so.

Ralph- I'm glad I could be of assistance. I'm sad I didn't watch your match Vs. Darc as it would be interesting to me to see exactly how it transgressed. This is that advantage I was trying to tell you about in playing me all the time in tournament. Sure, you'll have a hard time when you meet me in bracket, but if I don't keep anything from you and you don't keep anything from me, you'll end up being more difficult for other Marth's to deal with; which helps at regionals and nationals. We will keep playing and I'll let you know when you're doing things right. Good job though, you'll get em next time!

MJG-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
This tournament was a lot of fun. I just wish they were more often than twice a year. I feel really disappointed in how I did, but Shugo still has my counter-playstyle and then I met a really, really good IC player in losers. Next time, please don't put #1 and #2 in Ohio against each other second round winners. Give me MJG, Reflex, Zinoto, it doesn't matter, just someone out of state =).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If it's a big deal to Kassandra I will refund her entry only on the grounds that I did not include this change in the OP (and I think this is a fairly generous approach considering I made a post in the thread containing this change).

I don't want any more discussion of this in the thread. PM me if you have any more issues with this.
Don't really care what you want.

The reason people don't do wins-losses before head to head is because you count sets first. In smash we care about sets; that is how you advance in bracket. Head-to-head is another "set". To move win/loss ratio inbetween them doesn't make any sense as someone can win a tournament going 2-1 every match, and someone can get fifth 2-0ing everyone and then losing 1-2 to someone who ended up getting first.

This was determined because winning games isn't important unless you win the set. Nowhere will this ever be important except in a three-way-tie. We know that winning games shouldn't be important because it gives drastically better odds to certain characters (people that play ICs and can CP to FD, for example) to have a better win/loss ratio even if they aren't winning all their sets.

Furthermore, this has been the standard long before Brawl was even an idea. To make a post announcement of this sort and not update it in the main thread is bad, to list "Unity ruleset" and then use a variant of it (which defeats the purpose) is bad, but to go against the grain of over a decade of TOing is even worse still.

This is important information for a TO and its important for you to internalize. Kassandra made it to bracket and you removed that possibility; she deserves more than her money back, she deserves an apology.

I'm not telling you this to yell at you. I'm telling you this so you can advance as a TO. Being a TO requires foresight and an understanding of why rules have been put in place so that when you get in fuzzy situations and have people shrieking at you, you know what to do. It requires consistency, meaning your rules don't change from event to event in any meaningful way, so that way people don't show up and not realize what the rules are.

It's so people that are on the borderline, people that are up-and-coming, don't get deflated when things don't work out because of a random rule.

What you did here with that rule is way, way, way worse than having a tournament run over time because it affects people on an individual level at the bottom level and that's what makes people say "Eh, I don't really feel like coming". Having top players have to play elsewhere doesn't really hurt anybody, they get irked but they get their money. But someone drowning in pools because you don't understand or follow a decade of pools? Different beast entirely.

I had fun at this event and didn't really care about my placement, but other people did and when you run a 5 man pool, generally something you should avoid when doing one round of pools because it increases the likelihood of ties, how you handle disputes is important. It isn't a TO-choice thing, it's a TO-understanding thing.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Naw, head to head first is stupid. Sets are first for obvious reasons. You do wins/loses before head-to-head because they are round robin pools. We have everyone play everyone because we want to see who does most successful overall against everyone. If we wanted head to head to count first we may as well make it a bracket.

Note that "we" refers to a generalized everyone.

Had Kass been left in despite the actual rules then poor Ori would be our victim.

And you make it sound like wins/loses first is a forgien idea. Ialways check which the tournament counts first because it's often swapped

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Naw, head to head first is stupid. Sets are first for obvious reasons. You do wins/loses before head-to-head because they are round robin pools. We have everyone play everyone because we want to see who does most successful overall against everyone. If we wanted head to head to count first we may as well make it a bracket.

Note that "we" refers to a generalized everyone.

Had Kass been left in despite the actual rules then poor Ori would be our victim.

This has how pools has been done since Melee, as well as in many traditional sports with pool ties. Head-to-head is another set and winning games gives no indication as to how good or bad you are. Playing Dedede on Shadow Moses would give you a win, but you can get 3 stocked on the other two stages. Your win on Shadow Moses is nothing.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Head to head "arbitrarily" (I can't think of a better word) gives value to one set over another in the round robin. Sure, Kass beat Ori, but Ori beat Fizzle. You can say tbat Kass advances because she directly beat the person she tied with, but Ori beat a person who beat Kass and placed higher in the pool. So you look at games to see who was more successful on winning and losing their sets.

And again, wins/loses first is a thing that has happened on many occasions before.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
:Shoutouts to a ridiculous carpool. Lvl 3 for life.
Shoutouts to White Castle and Chipotle
The sallllttttt. HE SHOULDNT HAVE MISSED HIS FIRST ATTACK.
Shoutouts

Zinoto-Thanks a ton for teaching me.
Player-1-Same as well and for the hype 1$ MM v Zinoto. Rainbow Cruise OP
YoshQ- Those friendlies were hella fun.
Seagull Joe- Nice to finally meet you and nice work on doing well.
Zeton-Going all the way in doubles, in the edge guarding way off screen
Kain- Maybe Ill learn to not go full ****** off screen. Maybe...
TKO-For being ****ing hilarious throughout the tourney
Coney- No fear, no jumps, bair the **** out of IC's.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Either one isn't a big deal imo, but it is starting to make me like round robin pools less and less.

I see what you're getting at Overswarm but like WTP said it is often switched. Using the Shadow Moses example is extreme since that isn't legal (I will admit some questionable cps are legal though)

It is Clow's tourney so he can do what he wants. He doesn't need to update the front page. As long as he made an announcement he is fine. Updating the front page doesn't do anything besides support his decision that he already made a little more. There is no rule saying that the front page post is the final deciding factor of everything at the tournament.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This has how pools has been done since Melee, as well as in many traditional sports with pool ties. Head-to-head is another set and winning games gives no indication as to how good or bad you are. Playing Dedede on Shadow Moses would give you a win, but you can get 3 stocked on the other two stages. Your win on Shadow Moses is nothing.
Ideally, the counterpick system isn't skewed to a point where winning games gives no indication as to how good or bad you are. Dedede isn't allowed to counterpick to Shadow Moses specifically to prevent that situation from happening. I would argue that a system where this is so easily put into question probably has a better way to accomplish it in general.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
1: Reflex ($420.00) :pt::wario: - you're dynamite with a laser beam. guaranteed to blow my mind.
2: Shugo ($190.00) :falco: :sonic: - fighting you was the first time I've felt clearly outclassed in a loooong time. I learned 2 things... 1. Ganon vs Sonic is, in fact, not a good matchup for Ganon, and 2. My Falco is super predictable if I'm fighting a Falco main. Good **** in bracket and thanks for bopping me, I needed it
3: MJG ($120.00) :toonlink::diddy: - good **** getting 3rd, and thanks for the encouragement about my falco. I learned a lot about what I need to improve on from this tournament.
4: Seagull Joe ($70) :wolf::falco: - nice 4th. it was good seeing you again. your payout's wrong though, they forgot the change you scavenged from all over the venue.
5: Kismet ($30) :falco: - nice job beating Kain. I wanted to get some matches with you... oh wells
5: Zinoto ($30) :diddy: - nice job in bracket? pff I got 25th, I'm mad lol. good **** getting 5th tho, and I liked your MM with P-1, no MW bias or anything but it looked like you clearly outclassed him.
7: DeLux :popo::zerosuitsamus: - nice 7th. I love how you lie about being scared of fighting me in bracket, it makes me feel less bad about myself lol.
7: Coney :ness2::dedede: - my set vs. you was my favorite set of the day, way too intense. it all went downhill after that gordo. it was nice chilling with you periodically throughout the day--you're always a pleasure to be around.
9: Krystedez :wario::pit: - good seeing you as always. nice 9th.
9: Kain :wolf: - i can't stop imagining black people having green skin now. piccolo's that real *****.
9: YoshQ :luigi2: - no words for our set. no words...... nice job in the rest of the bracket though, I might not have done as well. and with all Luigi too. respect
13: Kel :marth: - so spiderman plays Marth, who knew. good **** though, your marth got a lot better from last time from what I could tell.
13: Nicole :peach: - it was nice chillin with you again. was digging the Buffy the Vampire Slayer leather coat. fun friendlies and nice job bopping us in doubles.
13: Zeton :fox: - didn't get to talk to you this weekend but I watched a few of your matches, impressive as ever
17: Pink Fresh :lucas: - nice seeing you again my du. you and coney looked horrifying in teams. good ****.
17: Darc :marth: it was nice meeting/friendlying with you. your marth was impressive, I could visualize the jiggz Bairs in place of your marth's Fairs lol. melee spacing too stronk.
17: BPOW :wario: :olimar: - nice seeing you again, your set vs. Kain was impressive.
17: Delta-Cod :yoshi2: - can't say I'm excited to have another yoshi player around here, but as far as yoshi mains go, you seem to be less subhuman than the rest of them. But seriously, you're a cool dood and I'm sure you'll fit in royally with the chicago smash scene.
17: Judo :sheik: - nice seeing you again man, I'm bummed that I didn't get to play some friendlies with you though. I would have asked after I got knocked out of bracket but I was way too salty to play any more brawl lol.
17: Player-1 :diddy: - this Jimmy Page-looking dude. you've got some catching up to do with zinoto...better work on that before you work on your trash talk.
17: Hadesblade :yoshi2: - sup ladiesblade.
25: Future :popo::rob: - your set vs. Lumi was hilarious. nice seeing you again du.
25: Mysterion :snake: :pikachu2: - top tier tag.
25: Y.b.M. :zerosuitsamus: - good seeing you again man, good **** in doubles. it's awesome you came from TX to support the God Kais, very cool
25: DLA :sheik: :falco: - dlahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
33: Kee :olimar: - fun games in pools, work on keeping fast characters out by pivot grabbing more.
33: jt556 :sonic: - sorry about teaming with someone else after you asked, I felt bad afterwards. hopefully you still had fun in teams.
33: clowsui :marth: - good job chi. I don't know the whole story with the coaching thing but i'm sure you'll handle this situation better next time it comes up. thanks for checking up on us in the hotel boo <3
33: Carls :fox: - sorry about going sheik! I know you were expecting my ganon. I didn't go sheik just to gay you out... I was legitimately trying to use her in this tournament. If I wanted to be cheap I'd just go Pikachu, cuz I have one of those too lol. I feel bad that you ran into Judo right after me too, that's just straight up unfortunate.
33: Legan :zerosuitsamus::link2: - damn you gobbled up that chicken teriyaki. they should have never expected a boy to eat such a man's meal.
33: Tech_Chase :dedede: - nice seeing you again dude. pick up a secondary for falco! work on that pikachu or find a good aggro character to beat camping.
33: The Thirst :kirby2: - thanks for coming out to the tournament. I rewatched the stream for my match vs. Coney and your commentary taught me a few things that I didn't even know I had to work on. always a pleasure.

49: Red Ryu - thanks for driving as always. i'm glad you were so energized by that nap. hopefully the gas money will get you to our local in two weeks.
49: Chuee - fun games in pools. try not to be so intimidated by ganondorf--lucas can attack his shield all day and it's completely free.
49: WTP - thanks for the teamsies. we would have done much better if I had my MK. I'm still decently satisfied with how we did though.
49: Juu - nice seeing you again dude.
49: Sneakytako - sneaky you looked miserable at this tournament lmao. still nice seeing you again though.
49: Xatic - huge props for the stream. great work as always despite not having a mixer.
65: TJDK2 - fun pools matches... try doing more Bair spacing and less smash attacks.
65: Wuvs - see Xatic.
65: Umashi - nice seeing you again Ashley. enjoy your bad*** Link with osteoporosis picture.
81: Peter - nice meeting you, GGs in pools
81: Soulpech - fun dubz matches.

DTJ goons - later nerds.

anyone I missed - you're nerds too.

neji32

Smash Lord
You know what. I apologize to you clowsui because i believed you tried to handle the situation the best you could. What i didnt appreciate was hilt. Mostly because i heard he was counting on me losing the reply match to stewy which is the only reason he made me play. Clowsui i overreacted and shouldnt have been malicious to you, your a cool guy and you did teh best you could in resolving the situation. I'm mostly mad and stewy more than anyone, i dont understand how he made it out of pools in the first place and i didnt deserve to lose someone i was definately better than.

Gnes

Smash Master
Good shiz Zinoto, Wario's really hard for us so no shame in losing to that.

P1 you have failed us. Don't return home.

Shugo is free vs diddy and is bad at tales games

MJG is a true niggg and needs to come back to Texas to chill.

I would still beat Kain on wifi like back in the day ^_^

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Gnes, you can say that i'm bad vs diddy idc about that, but if you say i'm bad at tales games again I will come to texas and slap you with my huge wang.

Top Bottom