• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RETRIBUTION - October 20th - Cincinnati, OH - MK Banned Regional

You know what. I apologize to you clowsui because i believed you tried to handle the situation the best you could. What i didnt appreciate was hilt. Mostly because i heard he was counting on me losing the reply match to stewy which is the only reason he made me play. Clowsui i overreacted and shouldnt have been malicious to you, your a cool guy and you did teh best you could in resolving the situation. I'm mostly mad and stewy more than anyone, i dont understand how he made it out of pools in the first place and i didnt deserve to lose someone i was definately better than.
Trash talking the guy who beat you only makes you look salty and horrible.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Gnes, you can say that i'm bad vs diddy idc about that, but if you say i'm bad at tales games again I will come to texas and slap you with my huge wang.
LOL this post killed me
****ing love you, shugo

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ryker was actually right there around me when I was talking to you and I think MX at one point during the tournament, delta. Lol.
I'd never seen him before so I didn't know who he was.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I see 11 different characters in the top 8

HMMMMMMMMMMMM...
DON'T DO IT DELUX.

17: Delta-Cod :yoshi2: - can't say I'm excited to have another yoshi player around here, but as far as yoshi mains go, you seem to be less subhuman than the rest of them. But seriously, you're a cool dood and I'm sure you'll fit in royally with the chicago smash scene.
Thanks, but...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? @ bold. Loooooool.

SoulPech

Smash Master
You know what. I apologize to you clowsui because i believed you tried to handle the situation the best you could. What i didnt appreciate was hilt. Mostly because i heard he was counting on me losing the reply match to stewy which is the only reason he made me play. Clowsui i overreacted and shouldnt have been malicious to you, your a cool guy and you did teh best you could in resolving the situation. I'm mostly mad and stewy more than anyone, i dont understand how he made it out of pools in the first place and i didnt deserve to lose someone i was definately better than.
It's ICs. It happens. Just learn from it and move forward. Hell, I got last and I'm not complaining.

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Stewy didn't even chaingrab you and you lost. you didn't lose to :popo:, you lost to Stewy. This is what I gathered from that salty post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QnmRfBPbgU&t=4m10s

Stay free. God Kais. We out.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
damn this tournament was free, I should've gone :p

neji32

Smash Lord
[/INDENT]
Trash talking the guy who beat you only makes you look salty and horrible.
Thats true and im incredibly salty but i dont care. I know im better and i know i could of and should of won. I lost because he had 3 people coaching him. I beat legan and took 2 stocks off of Delux and then lost to an ic who didnt know how to cg. I am full of sodium-chloride right now

I timed myself out game one thinking he could cg. I litterally stayed on the platorm of bf for 6 min straight watchign another game during the match.

neji32

Smash Lord
You evidently were not better when it mattered most.
It didnt matter most. Getting 13 or 17 at the tournament would of done me no good. When i would of had to play mjg or reflex or fizzle in the tournament. There is no way i would of beaten any of them. At a tournament like that money matches was the only way i could of possible gotten money

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If it didn't make a difference either way then you're literally making a big deal out of nothing, and it would be prudent to quit doing so.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It didnt matter most. Getting 13 or 17 at the tournament would of done me no good. When i would of had to play mjg or reflex or fizzle in the tournament. There is no way i would of beaten any of them. At a tournament like that money matches was the only way i could of possible gotten money
Based on what you're saying, there's no reason to try, and therefore no way to tell if anyone is better than anyone else unless there's money that's immediately on the line. How can you say that you're obviously a better player in that case?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hilt - did you figure out how to solve that dodecahedronwhateverthe**** on your own or did you look it up? my brain was full of **** and nothingness at the same time after staring at it for like 2 hours. thanks for the friendlies btw, awesome actually getting to play with big papa hilt lol.
Haha yeah, the dodecahedron I was able to figure out by myself. It wasn't too much different than a regular 3x3x3 and I had already learned how to solve a 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 by that time. I spent most of the day that it came in the mail breaking it down though XD Enjoyed our friendlies as well. I usually don't get around to them when I TO, so I'm glad you seeked me out when I was playing Bonds, haha.
Shout-out to Hilt - N***a, I will buy you a second pair of shoes if those are all you've got. I mean, if you can only have one, then way to keep it classy, by damn those don't look so hot with shorts.
LMAOO

man I had so much **** I didn't think I'd need a second pair of shoes that weekend. You right though, the dress shoes + shorts combo wasn't cutting it.
Hilt: Glad I got to meet you, you guys did a great job running it outside of the bottleneck over the coaching. Good stuff dude.
Thanks man, appreciate it. So glad you were able to make it out here!
Hilt – Thanks for letting me rant a little after pools. I am glad I didn’t leave right away though. Ha Ha I was so frustrated. I think I am done with Mario, at least for a while though. So I may hit you up for some Olimar tips the next time I see you.
Don't even worry about it man. Glad you didn't leave right away too. As for the tips and friendlies, I know we'll be at the same event before too long, haha.
What i didnt appreciate was hilt. Mostly because i heard he was counting on me losing the reply match to stewy which is the only reason he made me play.
If you want to be mad at me based on rumor and word of mouth, it's fine. That's not the case, though.

neji32

Smash Lord
Based on what you're saying, there's no reason to try, and therefore no way to tell if anyone is better than anyone else unless there's money that's immediately on the line. How can you say that you're obviously a better player in that case?
.If you want to be mad at me based on rumor and word of mouth, it's fine. That's not the case, though.
Reflex, the only reason i went to that tournament is because Judo wanted me to. He paid my entry and gas. And Earl paid my hotel. I absolutely would not have came knowing i couldnt win if it wasnt completely free. And teh only reason i did that too stewy was because Judo told me to do that. He said to make every game go 8 min for ics. I got stewey to so po 200+ percent and planned on timing him out but got reckless and he hit me with an upsmash which was good judgement on his part. He got game 1 ill giv ehim that. Game two i wrecked him 2 stock. Game three roller and his other 2 friends coached him through the whole match.

Hilt- Seeing how multiple people told me that. Im pretty sure its true. "Its ok Stewys got this" until the person you were talking to told you, no spec is winning.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Spec, no offense because I thought you were pretty good, but once I got the two stock lead on you game one I was spending half the game trying to watch Bonds play against Marth on the livestream (why I dropped a couple of the grabs actually during the second stock, after which I promptly finished it once I got my fresh last stock). My attention span was short because you figured out you need to camp on your last stock I guess, but by then the game was pretty decided. You took a stock on Frigate because the stage flipped and Nana got caught in the Pika Thunder gimmick lol

Stewy is pretty decent and you should relax since there's no shame in losing to him imo. I wouldn't want to play him in bracket >_>

neji32

Smash Lord
Spec, no offense because I thought you were pretty good, but once I got the two stock lead on you game one I was spending half the game trying to watch Bonds play against Marth on the livestream (why I dropped a couple of the grabs actually during the second stock, after which I promptly finished it once I got my fresh last stock). You took a stock on Frigate because the stage flipped and Nana got caught in the Pika Thunder gimmick lol

Stewy is pretty decent and you should relax since there's no shame in losing to him imo. I wouldn't want to play him in bracket >_>
Exactly my point i lost to you knowing how to cg. I wouldnt lose to someone who doesnt know how to cg....knwoing they cant cg

And i wouldnt be so salty if he wasnt getting coached by roller. Rolller used to play pika and now plays ic which is why i thought that was so gay

JTsm

Smash Master
Spec, just realize your ****ing mistakes and move the **** on. I'm surprised Stewy even had trouble with Pika. Stewy isn't a terrible player so get over it. Brawl is such a simple game and you can fix your game easily.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, the only reason i went to that tournament is because Judo wanted me to. He paid my entry and gas. And Earl paid my hotel. I absolutely would not have came knowing i couldnt win if it wasnt completely free.
Then why be upset about it? It's not like you risked anything to get that far, and it's not like getting better at the game is a high priority for you (if you would never enter a tournament without a reasonable chance of your making money, that's easy to assume).

Just let it be. No one's judging you for your wins or your losses.

Why was brinstar banned?
To prevent Top 4 from being myself, Krystedez, BPOW, and Croi, of course. :)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Bad attitude for competition and a waste of money, in my opinion.
Should have just chilled after paying venue fee.

DeLux

It was in large font and bold that one of the major deviations from the URS was that Brinstar was banned.

Sucks for me since I generally leave that stage open for certain characters hoping they CP me there since I know all the IC gimmicks there lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Realistically, it was deemed too polarizing and bad for competitive play after a discussion in the tournament thread. Popular demand with good reason behind it, basically.

DeLux

It has hitboxes that can't be predicted to a frame or ingame unit precision

neji32

Smash Lord
Kinda sucked for me since its my only hope against ic's. And pikachu does exceptional on that level. Hearing it banned made me panic and i didnt know what to counter pick delux lol. Is the ledge grab limited enforced wit mk banned casue i didnt want to break that either. So much i wasnt ready for.

DeLux

Actually in our set, I thought about just letting you go there since it didn't matter to me
But then you made up your mind on Frigate once I informed you if it was illegal pretty quickly.

If you had asked if I'd agree to Brinstar, probably would have said yes.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I got 7th of 30 in doubles but drowned in pools in singles. I'm a little disappointed, but the tournament was great. Shoutouts to everyone I played, especially Hilt and Chi for their TOing.

neji32

Smash Lord
I would of enjoyed testing against you on brinstar.

I'd also like to rematch sneaky taco. that game two was derp on his part, i didnt deserve that second kill

Top Bottom