• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded 4 - Jan 16-18 (Adelaide)

Browny

Smash Hater
lol...

he said last year was $1000 for melee 2vs2 lets not have some unrealistic expectations at this point

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Things are still being sorted out and Ill keep you guys posted on as much info as possible.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Preliminary Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules

1v1
3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items Off
Double elimination Best of 3

2v2
Same as 1v1 but with team damage set to ON

Stages set to random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Smashville
Delfino Plaza (D)

1st round of 3 set to random then loser may choose any stage from regular or counterpick stages.

Counterpick Stages
Luigis Mansion
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Castle seige
Corneria (melee)
Lylat Cruise
Great Sea
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium

All other stages are banned for tournaments.

Other Rules
Stalling - Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battlefield. Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.

MetaKnight rule - In a set of 3 MK can be used for only 1 win so if you lose with MK 1st game you can choose him again but if you win 1 game u must alternate.

Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape - A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will be disqualified from their round and penalised.

Ice Climbers Chain Throw - Is legal, however, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.

This Tournament will be run by Jamage and LegionX.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek is the friday after Reloaded aswell and will have Brawl 1v1, 2v2, FFA and Melee 1v1 and maybe 2v2.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody cares about street*** event

now, reloaded
prize for melee?
tf2? prize?

edit: fix website link

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well since tf2 is confirmed (with a ******** format though, hopefully i can change that :3 )
im most likely to go if i can get a few others to come (atticus especially in mind)
but i really hope to see melee :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I played TF2 once... my friend was like "ok you big this big mother****** and I'll be this medic dude" and we rolled, it was fun.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ MK rule.

Ice Climber chain grab allowed to 300% huh? I wonder if I can perfect the IC chain grab before then and just be really cheap
:3

Nah, I'll just enter as Ness.

Browny

Smash Hater
have i ever played vs your ness...?

I can only do the 0-50 -> ice block lock with IC's lol alternating throws just hurts your hands :p

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
Common sense would suggest that it would be around last Reloaded's mark, maybe a bit higher?

Mind you that might change IF there was Brawl singles/doubles AND Melee singles/doubles.

This is just me speculating, but keep in mind that Melee hasn't even been confirmed.

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
It's Reloaded LAN and even the stupidest of competitions (non-videogaming ones included) have good prizes.

Brawl is less than a year old in Australia and they would take console tournaments just as seriously as PC ones. My advice would to start saving money by booking earlybird flights and accommodation to cover for the highly unlikely event that the prizes significantly drop.

It's fairly presumptuous that you're basing a trip on a prize that you haven't yet won, I say go for the fun of it first and foremost. I'm not having a go at you personally either!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the sooner you confirm what tournaments are running and what the prizes are, the sooner people commit to coming by booking flights and accommodation etc

end

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Also run smash 64 with a $1000 pot please.

**** up with smash ****ing 64 no one ****ing cares about it and besides you're not even good at the game if more than 4 people in australia played the game you wouldnt be any good at it... besides i'd smash you if i trained at it for a week so would everyone else.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
the sooner you confirm what tournaments are running and what the prizes are, the sooner people commit to coming by booking flights and accommodation etc

end
Yep. It takes a substantial amount of time set aside and expense to travel to Adelaide for many of us. I'd love to come to this, but I'm not willing to risk coming just to find out there's no serious Melee competition.

If they get a proper ruleset for TF2 that'll be a major + for some of us.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
have i ever played vs your ness...?
No I don't think you have, well maybe in those friendlies but it was like 4 in the morning and I was barely awake. But never in an actual tourney match. And I probably wont be fighting you with him in an actual tourney match anyway I'll be using someone else, lets just say.. I may have found the unbeatable DJB's weakness.. :laugh:

Come to think of it, I don't think I've played Jamage at all, even in friendlies. The only time was in a free-for-all once but that doesn't really count..
:ohwell:

Edit:
Oh and Jamage just in case you still don't know whether a side-tourney at the next StreetGeek LAN with Brawl+ is a good idea or not, here is what Falcon is like with the codes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7D6aaMK0rw

Amazing isn't it?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
watching NME **** in TF2 live would be amazing. i'll fly first class just for that <3

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Blue Bomber your forgetting 2 lans ago when my G&W knocked your DDD out of the quarter finals and that ffa was funny as you being bowser and me being Peach it was natural for us to fight each other.

media release said:
Valhalla LAN Parties Presents Alienware® Gears of War 2 Reloaded 2009
NEWS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 17th, 2008

Adelaide gamers will again take a giant leap towards the future this January with yet another Reloaded event. Valhalla LAN Parties and its major partner, Alienware Computers are pleased to announce the upcoming Gears of War 2 Reloaded computer and console gaming event, to be held from January 16th-18th, 2009.

Over a thousand gamers are expected to fill the St Clair Recreation Centre for one of the countries biggest gaming events, and the largest ever held in South Australia. Gamers are expected to attend from all over the country to try to win some of the $70,000 in prizes and giveaways in 2009.

The event has attracted massive sponsorship from top of the line sponsors, including AMD and Microsoft, as well as leading game publishers such as Electronic Arts and Ubisoft.

The 4th Reloaded event builds on the established gaming traditions of its predecessors, including highly successful and sold out events in 2007 and 2008.

- About Valhalla LAN Parties –
Valhalla LAN Parties is one of Australia’s largest and longest running LAN Party events, having been founded almost 12 years ago. Today, it runs events for up to 300 people every 6-8 weeks catering to console and pc gamers alike.

- About Alienware Computers –
Established in 1996, Alienware® manufactures high-performance desktop, notebook, media center, and professional systems. Operating under the philosophy of “build it as if it were your own,” Alienware has earned numerous awards for excellence and has become a respected brand name worldwide with systems available direct within the United States, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
[/quote]

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
adelaide huh? ...... only brawl.... the tix might b just too expensive. ah well by next year i should have heaps of money saved up next year i gtg 2 queensland to see a friend. i promised id'e help her move

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Very interesting... wonder if I can afford the trip.

Must know about prizes and the other stuff Turt and Shaya were *****ing about.

If it's hurting your hands, you're not doing it right. >.> The aim of the chainthrows is to be gentle with the control stick...
lol I was going to say the same thing almost word-for-word.

It's not like anyone will even have it down properly in time unless they already play ICs anyway LOL. IC infinites are far too intricate...

Top Bottom