• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded 4 - Jan 16-18 (Adelaide)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
This will be the 4th in the reloaded series of events, which started back in 2006 as a 160 person lan event in a brighton community hall. This year Reloaded aims to set a new record for attendance, with more competitions, and a higher level of professionalism than has been seen at any lan in South Australian history.

2006 event: 160 people, $5000 in cash and prizes
2007 event: 500 people, $20000 in cash and prizes
2008 event: 700 people, $90000 in cash and prizes
2009 event: ????

Official website: www.alienware.com/reloaded/
Reloaded Forums: http://www.valhalla.net.au/forum/index.php

LAN times and location

PC

Location: St Clair Recreation Centre, 101 Woodville Road, Woodville
Section: Main courts
Time: 6pm, Friday, January 16th - 8am, Sunday, january 18th
Features: 450 person BYO LAN, 40 person NON BYO

Console

Location: St Clair Recreation Centre, 101 Woodville Road, Woodville
Section: Court 4
Day 1: 6pm Friday, January 16th - 1pm, January 17th
Day 2: 2pm Saturday, January 17th - 6am, january 18th

Cost
PC -
$40 (includes showbag & game - total value in excess of $100
Day tickets will not be available for PC.

Console -
$20 day ticket,
$40 Platinum pack (includes showbag valued at $100)

Ticket Availability

Online - through www.alienware.com.au/reloaded (due later this week)
Planned to be available through Standard Valhalla outlets:
Engineering IT - Norwood
GameQuest - City
GameTraders - Marion
GameTraders - Salisbury

B.Y.O. LAN, Tournaments on Alienware Systems and ONE HUNDRED Xbox 360 Consoles, GEARS OF WAR, HALO, CALL OF DUTY, COUNTER STRIKE, WAR CRAFT 3, STARCRAFT, GUITAR HERO, SMASH BROS BRAWL.

With major door prizes up for grabs including limited edition Gears Of War Alienware System and Xbox 360’s to be won.

COSPLAY COMPETITION WITH 6 MAJOR PRIZE PACKS FROM MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT.

Showbag Includes:
ALIENWARE STAINLESS STEEL HEATED COFFEE MUG USB AND CAR CHARGER
COD BAG
ALIENWARE TSHIRT
ALIENWARE PEN
ALIENWARE LANYARD
GAMING MAGAZINE (PCPP / ATOMIC / PC Authority)* (Magazine choice is not guaranteed)
COD HAT
FREE GAME (SPIDERMAN / Viva Pinata PC/ Show Run / Rise of Nation Gold)*

*Game + Magazine choice is not guaranteed, XBOX zone is priority usage for XBOX ticket Holders to guarantee XBOX play you must purchase an XBOX Zone Ticket.

Preliminary Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules

1v1
3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items Off
Double elimination Best of 3

2v2
Same as 1v1 but with team damage set to ON

Stages set to random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Smashville
Delfino Plaza (D)

1st round of 3 set to random then loser may choose any stage from regular or counterpick stages.

Counterpick Stages
Luigis Mansion
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Castle seige
Corneria (melee)
Lylat Cruise
Great Sea
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium

All other stages are banned for tournaments.

Other Rules
Stalling - Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battlefield. Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.

MetaKnight rule - In a set of 3 MK can be used for only 1 win so if you lose with MK 1st game you can choose him again but if you win 1 game u must alternate.

Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape - A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will be disqualified from their round and penalised.

Ice Climbers Chain Throw - Is legal, however, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.

This Tournament will be run by Jamage and LegionX.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm there, I heard '08 was off the chain.
Is this Melee that includes Brawl or is it just Brawl...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
jamage, any idea which day the brawl comp is on, if its friday I cant make it...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Reloaded 3 was amazing. What happened to the Adelaide Smash Community from R3? I haven't heard from them in a while; they'll pretty much determine if I can make it or not.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Not sure what days its on yet.

A few smashers from R3 will definalty be there and Oli, Suhayb etc should also come, Ill have a chat to em about it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I like Brawl, but SA was such a good Melee state - with Dave/Oli/Suhayb etc. That made the last Reloaded trip worth it

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Theres a good chance there will be a Melee Tournament there and that I will be running it with some help.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/just about any N64 game would be the goods :)
Is that the same venue as last (er...this year) years or a different one?

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Am i the only person in this state who likes brawl?
*ahem*

Anyways, this sounds amazing. So with the tickets, do we have to buy them online, or do we reserve a ticket then buy it when we get there? Because I don't think my mum would let me use her credit card to buy something online :(

January 16th? O SHI-
*Goes to practice*

Oh and Jamage, do you know what the rules of the tourney (eg. Single, Double elimination). I swear if it's Single Elimination and I get paired up with DJBrowny or Ant in the first round I'm gonna cry... ._.

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
Cool, I used to go to Reloaded/Valhalla for Counter Strike comps and they're one of the finest examples of lan events in Australia.

I can't wait for some Smashin' this time around however! :)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Prizes havnt been set as of yet.

There will be another big event like this coming in July 09 aswell.

Browny

Smash Hater
My brother's tight and thinks lan parties have cooties.

who wants to be my doubles partner :D Ill be in it to win it btw, no mucking around lol

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Tickets are only online atm I think.
Aww gay ._.
Well I'll see what I can do.

My brother's tight and thinks lan parties have cooties.

who wants to be my doubles partner :D Ill be in it to win it btw, no mucking around lol
Sure I'd love to win the doubles tourney with you, lol. But it's okay if you don't wanna go with me and want to go with someone else, because I'm no where near as good as you are.

But why isn't your brother coming? THIS THING IS GONNA BE AWESOME, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIM? :dizzy:

Browny

Smash Hater
He says hes sick of brawl, and kinda pissed since his main, ganondorf isnt any good and his other melee secondary G&W has turned into a spammy tier-whored character with no sense of gratification when you win lol.

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
I could go in doubles with you if you'd like browny? I'm not playing the craziest amount of Brawl lately, but I'll make the effort if need be.

ANT should really go though, is he coming for Sunday's Smashfest?

Gords

Smash Champion
I am definately interesetd ion coming to this, but do we only have till the end of this week to buy the tickets?

Also some extra info would be nice, the site linked to on the front post doesnt really have many details.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
A doubles tourney hasnt been officially confirmed as of yet and may not have time to fit it in the official schedual but there can always be an unofficial one that I will be glad to run if I have time and some help.

Prizes should be good as last event had $80,000 in prizes and $1000 for the Melee 2v2 I think.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If OOS goes they should seriously consider splitting a 5 star hotel with me just like Sydney

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
He says hes sick of brawl, and kinda pissed since his main, ganondorf isnt any good and his other melee secondary G&W has turned into a spammy tier-whored character with no sense of gratification when you win lol.
So he complains that he wants Ganon to be good, but he complains that G&W is good... Self contradiction, much? Lol.

And $1000 Jamage? Woah.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yeah shaz and i cleaned up remember? oh and dekar also won a free monitor for throwing a bottle into a bin and got laid

Gords

Smash Champion
If OOS goes they should seriously consider splitting a 5 star hotel with me just like Sydney

Its looking like I may be able to go at this stage,if I can I will definately split the 5* hotel with you.

so how long have to get the tickets for this? I wont have anyu money in till next week.

Top Bottom